Just back from 7 nights at POP - great time!

jojo0612

Mouseketeer
:goodvibesJust returned this afternoon from 7 nights at Pop. It was a first time at a value resort - and must say I had my doubts. But after checking out the place, we will definately stay there again! What a great place and trip!

Welcome Back! :goodvibes Glad you had a great stay!
We had our first POP stay this past June and LOVED:lovestruc it too! We are now counting down to our next stay there in December! :santa:

Which section did you stay in? We were in the 90's but are thinking of requesting a different location for a change of scenery. :cool2:

We were in the 90's section facing the parking lot. We had a great room - around the corner from the pool and so close to the buses. We - literally- never waited for a bus. they were always there waiting for us!!!

We were in the 90's facing the parking lot as well! I loved it! Steps away from the pool and a short walk to the main building. :)

My family is going to DW the first part of June for my parents' 60th wedding anniversary. We're trying to decide where to stay. One of my brothers and his family stayed some time ago in one of the value resorts. They found it dirty and not up to Disney's standards at what we found at Dixie Landings 15years ago. Did you think it was clean and kept up nicely?

Was the bus system working well most of the time? We have three teens in our group of 20 and would like for them to be able to go off on their own when they want.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

I am sure that the OP will reply to your question, but I can answer it as well, yes POP is very clean. We stayed there this past March and plan to stay there again in Dec. We loved it, very cool theming and as clean as any hotel I have stayed at (I have stayed at many upscale places for conferences).
It can be a bit crowded as this is the only value that has it's own buses and while we were there ran very smoothly. Only once did we have to wait more than 20 mins and that was for a MK bus.
The food court has plenty of variety and the over all nostalgia of the place packs plenty to do.

:banana: I'm so glad to hear that the POP is a great place - we'll be staying there for the first time in October - I hesitated to go "value" but now I'm feeling confident we won't be disappointed - thanks for the post:woohoo:

My family is going to DW the first part of June for my parents' 60th wedding anniversary. We're trying to decide where to stay. One of my brothers and his family stayed some time ago in one of the value resorts. They found it dirty and not up to Disney's standards at what we found at Dixie Landings 15years ago. Did you think it was clean and kept up nicely?

Was the bus system working well most of the time? We have three teens in our group of 20 and would like for them to be able to go off on their own when they want.

Thanks for any advice you can give me!

We have stayed at all levels (values, mods & deluxes). I was VERY impressed by how clean our room at POP was. It was immaculate (and mousekeeping was fabulous our entire stay). The room was in far better condition that our rooms at 2 different moderates. The grounds were bright, fun and very clean. The food court (despite being busy) was also well maintained... There was always someone there wiping down tables and picking up the beverage area.
I cannot comment on the bus system because we rented a car.

So glad to hear you loved Pop! It's my resort of choice (since I'm usually on a budget) and I've never once been disappointed. I love it! :banana:

I have only stayed at the moderates until this trip. When we first arrived, it was what I expected. But by the end of the week, we realized how nice it was to stay there. We literally never had to wait more than 5 minutes for a bus. It was :wizard: that everytime we went for a bus, it was either waiting for us or just pulling up. We were also in the 90's building, very close to the computer pool, main building and buses. Your teens would definately like this place - something happening at every turn! The food court was busy, but very pleased with quality of food and the selection too. Hope this helps.

We have stayed at all levels of resorts on WDW and our absolute 2 favorite places to stay were the cabins in Fort Wilderness and PoP. With an 8 yr old. PoP is such, in your face, Disney, and we love that!! I'm glad you had such a good time!!

Glad to hear you enjoyed your stay! Will be there for one night at the beginning of my next trip. It has been awhile since I've stayed at POP and it's good to hear a positive report.:thumbsup2

We're (probably) staying at Pop for the first time in January. We stayed at POR last time but want to save money this time around.

Thanks for the review. We were staying at CBR but the beds are the same size so we saved the extra 600.00 this morning and are staying at pop with the free dining.

We were just there from the 12th to the 21st and I had a preferred room. I loved it. No more hiking when I forgot stuff. Next year is iffy on the preferred since Disney upped the cost but I really felt it was worth while. We had room 5165 in the 60's building:)

Forgot to mention, I too, was very impressed with how clean POP was kept. They were updating some of the Yo-Yo's while we were there as well as landscaping. Grounds, rooms, pool area, etc were very well cleaned and maintained. :goodvibes

Now that we had such a positive experience at POP we may try another value like ASMusic next time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter