Just Back from 7/29 Magic 7 Day Western...TRULY UNBELIEVEABLE~~~~

njmomboys2

Mouseketeer
We just returned from our 1st Disney Cruise (actually our first cruise ever) on the Magic for the 7 Day Western Cruise.......what can I say...it exceeded all expectations.....we LOVED IT!!! :love: :love: :love:

None of us wanted to come home.

The staff was top notch and so friendly and personable...special kudos to:

Stateroom Host: TRI.....he rocks!!!

Servers: Ronald and Melroy....we loved them. They kept the kids entertained with magic tricks at the end of each dinner!!! My kids got teary eyed saying goodbye to them the last night.

Oceaneers Club Staff: Ashley, Edsen, Chris, Amanda......my 6yr old wanted pictures with them before Disney characters.

Cruise staff: Kaz, Jeremy, Pikey, Danielle, Natalie, and of course Cruise Director Andy......energy, smiles, laughter and kindness 24 hours a day.

Entertainment: The shows were great and my kids laughed til they cried watching Michael Harrison and Gary DeLena.

We will definately cruise Disney again. Probably want to do the Eastern. The Western ports were ok....Key West ok, Grand Cayman was great, Cozumel didn't get off the ship and Castaway Great...........in my opinion I could live on the ship!!!!

Thanks to everyone for their tips, help and suggestions. It made a difference.

Now back to reality...... :sad2:

Glad to hear you had a great time! :sunny:

We sail Saturday (8/12) for our first ever cruise doing the Western. We have excursions planned for every port except Key West - my only objective there is to get to Blond Giraffe for some Key Lime pie.

Glad to here hou had such a great time. I am scheduled for the same cruise on September 9th! If I could ask a few questions . .. Was pirate night on Wedsnday and Lobster night on THursday?

seadooken said:
Glad to here hou had such a great time. I am scheduled for the same cruise on September 9th! If I could ask a few questions . .. Was pirate night on Wedsnday and Lobster night on THursday?

I was on the July 29th to. Had a great time. Yes, Pirate night was on Wednesday and Lobster night on Thursday.

If you look at the below thread there are pictures of Pirate night. They are on page 5.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1178492

njmomboys2 said:
We just returned from our 1st Disney Cruise (actually our first cruise ever) on the Magic for the 7 Day Western Cruise.......what can I say...it exceeded all expectations.....we LOVED IT!!! :love: :love: :love:

None of us wanted to come home.

The staff was top notch and so friendly and personable...special kudos to:

Stateroom Host: TRI.....he rocks!!!

Servers: Ronald and Melroy....we loved them. They kept the kids entertained with magic tricks at the end of each dinner!!! My kids got teary eyed saying goodbye to them the last night.

Oceaneers Club Staff: Ashley, Edsen, Chris, Amanda......my 6yr old wanted pictures with them before Disney characters.

Cruise staff: Kaz, Jeremy, Pikey, Danielle, Natalie, and of course Cruise Director Andy......energy, smiles, laughter and kindness 24 hours a day.

Entertainment: The shows were great and my kids laughed til they cried watching Michael Harrison and Gary DeLena.

We will definately cruise Disney again. Probably want to do the Eastern. The Western ports were ok....Key West ok, Grand Cayman was great, Cozumel didn't get off the ship and Castaway Great...........in my opinion I could live on the ship!!!!

Thanks to everyone for their tips, help and suggestions. It made a difference.

Now back to reality...... :sad2:

We had Ronald and Melroy on our July 15 cruise. They were awesome.I think I have a little crush on Melroy. His smile is the most genuine I have ever seen. They would entertain us with riddles. We are terrible at solving riddles so Melroy was quite tickled that we had such a difficult time. :rotfl:

Glad you had a wonderful time. It is such a wonderful experience, isn't it?

Hey njmomboys2--we must have been right down the hall from you! We had Elsa for a stateroom hostess, but my mom and my sister, who were right next to us (in 2616 and 2614) had Tri.

We had never cruised before either and it was a totally awesome experience. Even my husband thought it was our best vacation ever. I want to go again, but it most likely wouldn't be until '08. However, it's still fun to plan!

wltdsnyfan said:
I was on the July 29th to. Had a great time. Yes, Pirate night was on Wednesday and Lobster night on Thursday.

If you look at the below thread there are pictures of Pirate night. They are on page 5.

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=1178492

Looks like you all had a great time. Its a coincidence, but my family and I were in Cape Canaveral eating at "fish lips" which is on the water just down from where the disney terminal is. All of a sudden my four year old DD went nuts when out of the blue, there was the Magic. It must have left late as I thought it has already left.

SEADOOKEN....yes we left a little late on 7/29...I think the ship pulled out closer to 5:30pm

Ashburn Mom...we were in 2604...that is too funny...probably passed you in the hall many times : )

We also ate at Fish Lips and watched the Magic go by, but the week before! We sailed on 7/29, but were in the Cape Canaveral area on 7/22 and just couldn't help ourselves. It was so much fun to watch the ship go by and know we'd be on it the next week.

njmomboys2 said:
SEADOOKEN....yes we left a little late on 7/29...I think the ship pulled out closer to 5:30pm

Ashburn Mom...we were in 2604...that is too funny...probably passed you in the hall many times : )
If you happened to be out on the Starboard rail as the ship passed me, I problably got a picture of you!

Hello,

Disney is truly magical. We had a wonderful time too last year in July. The grandkids were enthralled and we adults got back home relaxed and full of pep. It was great.

carol31j

We were on that cruise as well....totally fanatastic!!! I don't think we could ahve asked for calmer seas. Friday night sailing back from Castaway cay, the water was like glass...never seen it so smooth. I will post more when I get a chance.

Glad you had an awesome trip!

Did you play bingo? Was wondering how it was, Andy was our first "bingo King" back in 2003. He was part of the best cruise staff ever then went to the Wonder and became the CD. Glad he is back on the Magic..sad we missed him by a few weeks.

:thumbsup2 Glad you had a great time. This will be our first cruise so I am so looking forward to going. I love reading reports from the first time cruisers.

Denise

HI MBFergie..yes we played bingo early in the week and won $75 and a rum cake (from the raffle)

Kaz is now the Bingo Queen and Andy the cruise director............

Are you saying that former-bingo-king-Andy-from-Australia-who-got-promoted-to-asst.-cruise-director-on-the-Wonder got another promotion and is now cruise director on the Magic?

He's our all-time favorite DCL CM. Last summer on the Wonder we got to see him. He looked mighty fine in his officer's uniform. :love: :love: :love:

That will totally make our cruise if Andy's on the Magic!!!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter