Just back from 5 nights at VWL and 2 nights FW

MelissathePooh

Disney Regular
We got back last night from a week at the villas in a studio and 2 nights over at FW.

We really liked the studios - but we like WL anyway. Most every dvc there has a woods view so you don't have to stress about what you will get. We were in 1542 - great location to bus stop and quiet pool. It was average distance to the boat dock.

The main pool was packed morning noon and night everyday we were there - I think dvc has made a big difference there even with the quiet pool. Roarin Forks didn't seem too bad the 2 times we stopped in there.

Bus service was pretty nuts - shared with FW sometimes and sometimes had our own bus??? They were trying out some new routes which made no sense at all (WL to FW - left on Vista, right on Bonnett Creek past Port Orleans around to World drive and then on to Epcot???) The routes and length to get somewhere were pretty random, but the buses to places were frequent. Boats were also shared with FW - switched mid day as to who got picked up first.

We spent the last two nights at FW in a cabin - I prefer the decor quite a bit to the old trailers, but I like the layout of the trailers better. The living room of the cabins is pretty tight.

They have gone nuts here with the bus routes - orange, purple or yellow - themepark buses leave from various posts (settlement or outpost) depending on which you are going to. They were very frequent, but confusing at first.

Will be glad to answer any questions!

At VWL, what floor was that room on? Did you use the laundry there and if so, how busy was it? Did you notice if they had the coffee bar in the lobby at WL like they used to?

I'm a little concerned about the WL buses. I gather the buses were full when they arrived at WL? Did any of the buses go from WL to FW and then to the parks? About how long were the bus rides? Did you talk to anyone in transportation? Thanks!

We were on the first floor of the villas - the laundry was in the opposite wing, but convenient. We had to wait for one other guest to run their laundry before we did ours - about an hour wait - no too bad. There were two washers and 4 dryers on the first floor.

I don't remember a coffee only type bar in the lobby - I don't recall one being there the last time we stayed either actually. Doesn't mean there wasn't one though - we aren't coffee drinkers.

The buses were sort of random as to where it stopped after it picked us up. The times we shared buses to the themeparks WL was the first stop - which left little room for FW people, but they switched routes mid day stopping at FW first and then WL. We talked to several people in transportation and all they would say was that they are experimenting with different routes.

Somedays we didn't share a bus w/ FW at all to the parks, but some days we did and it varied from park to park. One day we were going to Epcot - stopped by FW - there was room for one person from FW to sit - then on to Epcot - took about 45 minutes. Two days later we got on the Epcot bus and went straight there - 15 minutes???

All anyone would say was that they were testing different routes. It wouldn't deter me from staying there by any means, but we did have to plan for extra time getting places.

I was wondering what was up with the buses from WL and now you have answered my question! I didn't know they were experimenting with new routes.

We just got back from the WL and while we never waited long for a bus or boat to get somewhere, we never knew how long it would take to get to our destination. One time we would take the short route and the next time we would take the long route.

One day when going to Epcot, it took almost 30 minutes to get there. We left WL and then took the long way to get to FW campground. From there we headed to Epcot. The bus wasn't crowded, but it was frustrating to be on the bus so long.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter