Just Back from 4-night WONDER

We just returned 7/20/2006 and our rotation was the same on nights 2 and 3. We enjoyed all three restuarants and used the duplication night as a chance to use the adults only restuarant at 8:30 and had appetizers with the kids at our normal 5:45 dinner seating.

You don't need a coat and tie. Even for the specialty restuarant, my husband wore a short sleeve shirt with Khaki pants and he was dressed fine. The boat literature says Coat and tie are recommended, but we found that to be the exception rather than the rule. (7/16-7/20/2006 cruise)

Thanks, my DH feels the same. When on vacation, relax, relax, relax, and that does not include dressing up!!!!!!!!!!

Lelsey
Cruising May 6, 2007--4 night Wonder (1st cruise) Can't stand the wait!!!!!!!!

Showe said:
I thought the same thing. Thought for sure the kids would go to the lab once or twice but would not find anything exciting to do...anyway, tell DW that there is plenty to do for your DDs. I had asked our kids after the cruise which they prefered - the theme parks at WDW or the cruise. They both said hands-down the cruise was better and much more fun. Go figure. :confused3

Enjoy your cruise.
Thank you so much! MY dds are SO excited now, and DW can relax. I'm glad we're doing the resort first - then we can relax while the kids keep the energy going.

The only question DW had: "is the glow stick dance only for kids??" :woohoo:

nancass said:
Hi Shelley,
We'll be cruising for the first time in Feb. I was wondering if you knew what the DCL rules are for bringing aboard liquor of your own. (not homemade or anything, just your favorite). Some people tell me it's o.k. and I just wanted to find out for sure. It would be nice to have a before dinner drink in our room, and would be a bit cheaper too.
Nancy

Hi, we just got back from the Wonder. We took 3 bottles of wine on board with us. There was no problem at all. We were told that there would be a $17.50 corkage fee if you brought it to dinner and they opened it. On our Triton's night, we brought a very nice bottle to the table. They opened it and there was no charge on our bill at the end. (I don't know if they forgot).

We also heard that you MUST drink all that you bring on board because you can't bring it off. That wasn't true, either. We brought two bottles home and no one said a word.

Hi! Well, shortly we'll be going on the 4 day cruise. We have already been on the 7 day (Disney's Magic), and that is why we are returning. QUESTIONS:
1: Do they have a formal night or semi formal on 4 day?
2: How soon do you receive your cruise info in the mail?
3: What time can you actually get onto the boat?
4: Do they have a pirate theme night? pirate: Or is it "tropical"?
5: Is the Pirate ship still at Castaway Cay?

Thanks everyone!
KG :love:

Speechkell said:
Hi! Well, shortly we'll be going on the 4 day cruise. We have already been on the 7 day (Disney's Magic), and that is why we are returning. QUESTIONS:
1: Do they have a formal night or semi formal on 4 day?
2: How soon do you receive your cruise info in the mail?
3: What time can you actually get onto the boat?
4: Do they have a pirate theme night? pirate: Or is it "tropical"?
5: Is the Pirate ship still at Castaway Cay?

Thanks everyone!
KG :love:

1. they call it formal night but its more semi-formal. did see some guys in suits but for the most part just dressy.
2. Got our cruise info somewhere about 2-4 weeks before we sailed.
3. We arrived at the terminal at 10:15 am Couldn't board until 11:45 I believe.
4. Pirate night...
5. not sure about the pirate ship. Wasn't there at the time we sailed in June.

Hi! We've been on the 7 day cruise (Magic) and now will be venturing on the 4day...some questions though:
1: DO they have a "formal" night?
the 7 day cruise had a very formal AND semi-formal night.
2: How soon do you receive the cruise info in the mail?
3: do they have a "pirate" dinner night? pirate: or is it "tropical"?
4: Is the "parrot" dining room as noisey :listen: as it is on the Magic?
5: OK, really now, how soon can one get onto the boat at the terminal? :sail:

Thanks!
KG

As of two weeks ago, the ghost ship was still there. We got some great pictures of our daughter and the Jack Sparrow look alike with the Wonder and the Flying Dutchman in the background. Yo Ho!!!!

If you take bottled wine on board, do you keep it in your checked luggage or in your carry on luggage (both for the airline and for the terminal)?

MagicMe said:
If you take bottled wine on board, do you keep it in your checked luggage or in your carry on luggage (both for the airline and for the terminal)?

Keep it in your carry on. The airplanes can cause wine bottles to leak if they are checked in your luggage, and the bags are not always handled gently by the loaders.

during anyones trip did they book a day room at atlantis, what escursions did you do, is there things to do in Nassau on your own?

Can't wait to hear all about your trip!!!!! We are going in January and this helps pass the time ... living vicariously through others!!!!!!!!! :thumbsup2

Jodi

When we went on our Disney cruise with our kids and grandkids, we hardly saw the 15-year old. He was hanging out with the other teens, and got hooked on the Stack.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter