• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from 3 WONDERFUL DAYS - lots of highs & just couple of lows

Janetlow

Mouseketeer
Just returned from another wonderful 3 days in Disney. :wizard:

Highs :goodvibes

Weather was great, Hotel New York was fantastic - had a free upgrade due to maintenance problems in original room.

Disney Express - worth the extra £££.

New Shows were great especially the Stars in their Cars - little tip if you have time try to see the show twice 1st time stand opposite the main stage to get great view of everything. 2nd time, if you love meeting the characters & getting autographs stand facing the back of the stage (opposite Cinemagique) as during and towards the end of the parade the characters interact with the audience for photos and autographs, (my children had photos and autographs with aerial (1st time in 6 visits), Stitch, Daisy & Donald, Snow white & Dopey and the Evil Queen, Gaston from Beauty & Beast, Mulan and her little dragon (not sure of the name) . Most of the characters seemed to spend more time interacting with the children behind the main stage than those at the front. :)

Mickey's Cafe delivered as usual - FANTASTIC - however be careful if you use half board vouchers, we had half board plus and was told by waiter we were entitled to select anything from menu - which we did- only to be landed with a bill for 48 euros. (needless to say we only contributed a fraction (10 euros) as goodwill).

Couple of Lows :sad1:

Ice rink was closed for duration of visit as weather was too warm - 1 thing we really wanted to do. :sad2:

Restaurant in Adventureland (i thinks it agrabahs) - food was appalling wouldnot recommend at all.

Walts - childrens food was very disappointing - adults was great as usual.

A few tears shed on the way to station as we realised it was time to go home, we cannot wait to return in July:thumbsup2

Will try to do a 1st trip report soon.

Welcome back, i'm glad you enjoyed your trip:thumbsup2

Welcome back and thanks for the tips about Stars and Their Cars - will try to put that to good use next week.

Welcome back, sounds like you had a great time. :thumbsup2
I enjoyed my meal at Agrabah Cafe, liked the starters and the vegetarian Canelloni, disappointed that all the desserts seemed to have a pecan base, the rest of the family weren't impressed with it at all and we probably won't return there either.

Thanks for the tip about Stars n Cars - the main reason we want to see this is to get some rare photos and autographs, so want to be in the right place at the right time :goodvibes.

Welcome back!!!
Thanks for the tip about the interaction after the parade, I'll try and remember that for when we go.
I don't like what I hear about Agrabah. We had lunch there on one of our last trips (dec '07) and enjoyed it so much that we want to eat there again this time (may '09), but it sounds like it's gone bad since then. :(

welcome back

good to see that you had more highs than lows. thats a shame about cafe mickey. i hate being misinformed. cant wait for a trip report

Glad you had a good trip!

We ate at Agrabah last week and couldn't fault it at all (and we're pretty tough critics when it comes to food ;) ). The food was fantastic, fresh, hot and the staff were great. We'll definitely be going back there in July.

glad u had a good time, cant wait for ur report!!!

thanks for the tip on stars parade - but did get confused as to where u meant (my brain is struggling after trying to remember where i have put my driving licence since 6am lol).

do u mean u stand lookin at the back of the stage, with stitch live to the left of u and almost facing tot?? just want to be in the best place for the boys :)

Welcome back, glad to hear you had a fabulous trip - good tips about the new parade, let's see if I can remember them come July!

glad u had a good time, cant wait for ur report!!!

thanks for the tip on stars parade - but did get confused as to where u meant (my brain is struggling after trying to remember where i have put my driving licence since 6am lol).

do u mean u stand lookin at the back of the stage, with stitch live to the left of u and almost facing tot?? just want to be in the best place for the boys :)

That's right! we stood at the front of the stage on the 1st day and had a good view of arrival of cars and parade, but realised that whilst some of the characters were doing their dance on stage the others who were not taking part at that particular time were interacting with the audience. Most of the characters not participating were playing up for the audience mainly directly behind the stage and were happily posing for photos and signing autographs, we decided to go back to see the show the next day and positioned ourselves behind the stage and were not at all disappointed.

As I said my daughter got a photo with aerial along with an autograph (1st time in six years of dlrp):wizard:

What we loved was the fact that were so many rare characters not usually seen. If you do not want to know who stop reading, but here goes

dopey, snow white, the evil queen
aerial
gaston b&the B
Mulan and her dragon
sulley
woody & Jesse
Mary poppins
donald & daisy
mickey & minnie
cruella de vil
stitch

These are the ones I can remember of the top of my head, I am sure there were a few more:rotfl::rotfl:

thank u :goodvibes
theres a few good autographs to be had there then!!! will remember ur tip :thumbsup2

sounds really good - one of the few new things i am lookin forward to!!!

Sounds great. But what kind of upgrade did you receive?

We were told that we were given a resort suite, the reason being we arrive to check in about 8pmish and our room was not ready due some maintenance problem:confused3

Obviously with two extremely tired children and two quite annoyed adults we were not happy to wait in reception as we felt our room should have been ready at this time.

The receptionist was great and finally gave us our keycard saying we were being given a suite. Seeing this was our first time in Hotel New York we took this at face value. (it could have been the broom cupboard for all we knew- okay a very large broom cupboard :rotfl2:) The room had two large beds and a fairly large seating/lounge area and a very spacious bathroom. Maybe someone who has stayed here can confirm this was an upgrade or did the receptionist just say this to appease us:lmao:

Although the room was nice we didnot really have the time to really appreciate it as we preferred to spend all our time in the parks and village as this was a short trip :goodvibes

A SUITE wow! :scared1:

If you will show us some pictures we can tell you if this was a suite or not. ;)
Did you have Lake View? And as a Suite quest you must have also had access to the Empires Floor lounge. (Similar like Castle Club Lounge at the DLH)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter