• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back from 3-night Wonder (12/9). Any questions?

Dodie

<font color=green>Survived the big crash<br><font
Please note that we don't have kids, so I won't be able to answer anything specifically about children's activities.

We had a great time. Weather was fine on Thursday and Friday, but rainy, windy and cool at Castaway Cay. We had really rough seas coming back home on Saturday night (hangers banging in the closet, closet doors rattling, ship literally creaking, etc.), but we survived.

Any questions?

Welcome Home! Can you please tell me what movies are currently playing? I have a DS who is dying to see THE INCREDIBLES and I am hoping it is still playing when we board this Thursday.
Thanks in advance! :flower1:

The movies playing were The Incredibles and National Treasure. I think Ladder 49 played, but only the first night.

We saw National Treasure and really enjoyed it.

That's great, my DS will be thrilled! DH and I were planning on seeing National Treasure too, so I tyhink this is a win - win situation. How were your meals? Anything to avoid... anything that we cannot miss? Which were your favorite restaurants (outside of Palo's!). Any Any additional tips or pointers you can share? We have the REAS package so most of our rushing about once on board has been eliminated, but a heads up on anything else would be appreicated!

NZ KIWI said:
That's great, my DS will be thrilled! DH and I were planning on seeing National Treasure too, so I tyhink this is a win - win situation. How were your meals? Anything to avoid... anything that we cannot miss? Which were your favorite restaurants (outside of Palo's!). Any Any additional tips or pointers you can share? We have the REAS package so most of our rushing about once on board has been eliminated, but a heads up on anything else would be appreicated!

We enjoyed all of our meals. We had late seating and were seated with 3 other couples with no children (perfect for us). We had a great table and great servers (Lazlow and Saul). Our best meal was in Triton's, although all were good.

Make sure you wear your bathing suits under your clothes or pack them in your day bag. We did this and had the pool area practically to ourselves for two hours between boarding and the life drill. It was wonderful.

We actually started boarding before noon (about 11:50 I think).

I was on the 12/9 Wonder too! Loved every minute of it, though it seemed the minute we stepped off the ship at CC, it started to rain... (tried it twice, lol).

We got to see National Treasure again, which was great! We did the REAS and Palo was fantastic! The massage was nice - my hubby got bruised, lol. Kids club and babysitting were great. I thought Animator's Palate was okay, but Parrot Cay was really good. We skipped Triton's for Palos, but did stop by for dessert (creme brulee yummmm!) and to tip our servers.

We were so spoiled every moment and can't wait to go back again.

Hey....we just came back from the Wonder too!!! You're not kidding the seas were a little rough. Is that normal for the trip back? I had no problem with the ship rocking....it was the creaking of the ship that had me thinking of the Titanic!!!! :earseek: Although the weather wasn't perfect for Castaway Cay, the kids still got to enjoy the water. :D

We have the second dinning seating too. How late can you eat breakfast
the last morning and when do you need to be off the ship by?

Thanks

Wintermom

wintermom said:
We have the second dinning seating too. How late can you eat breakfast the last morning and when do you need to be off the ship by? Thanks Wintermom

Everyone needs to vacate their stateroom before 8:00 a.m. Breakfast in the dining room for second seating folks is at 8:00 a.m. If you want to eat earlier, you can eat at the buffet upstairs.

I believe they want everyone off the ship by 9:00.

Disney1998 said:
Hey....we just came back from the Wonder too!!! You're not kidding the seas were a little rough. Is that normal for the trip back? I had no problem with the ship rocking....it was the creaking of the ship that had me thinking of the Titanic!!!! :earseek: Although the weather wasn't perfect for Castaway Cay, the kids still got to enjoy the water. :D

Although I've heard it can get rough coming back to Florida, our experience has NOT been like that in the past. The report from the bridge said that the waves were over 12 feet when we went to bed and I'm sure it got worse in the night, as a couple of the shudders of the ship actually woke us up.

I'm sure it had something to do with the storm that came through earlier.

(DH snorkeled too - in the rain - on Castaway Cay. I wasn't that brave/crazy.)

We were on the 12/2 Wonder sailing. We had rough seas on Thursday night, but then it was quiet the rest of the time.

Dodie....thanks for the report. I tried asking the servers at breakfast, but no one knew. I noticed the trees in Tritons rocking in unison at dinner time and they told me no....it wasn't the seas. We :scratchin The sounds the boat made....had me a little nervous....I was on deck 7. Where were you?

Thanks for the report. We are going to be on the 3 day Wonder January 27.
I have reservation for the Comfort Inn. But I am not sure if I should cancel. I just wonder if it will be too cold to enjoy the pools there.

My husband said he saw a report on the TV that stated 50 mph winds as well as swells of 8-12 feet. I felt the ship rocking but slept through most of it. It took me ALL of yesterday to get my land legs back though... we went to walk around Downtown Disney and eat lunch before our flight and every time I stopped moving, I felt like I was still swaying.

Our server also said that we came <>this close to not being able to dock at CC because of the rough seas that morning.

We were on deck 7 aft.

Did you have a band on board for your sailing? Was it the Charles Marshall band?

Thanks!

YEs it was the Charles Marshall Band. The rocking was great :) The ship handles the waves great. I was walking normally. CC day was lousy I am 1 for 3 on great days. It was about 75 and windy. To me the water was great still. I have fealt the food could have been better, and we had one lousy asst. waiter. Our table always had to ask for refills of soda. Palo's was excellent as usual.

Joe

We were on the 12/9 cruise, too! The first night was a little bumpy, I thought. Good thing I took that bonine. lol I was literally dozing off at dinner that night from the gentle rolling of the ship :laughing:

We had 2nd seating, too. John and Herman were our servers. Herman was *great* with the kids!

The last night was pretty rocky, but according to DS, it was after 11pm when things got really interesting. He and a couple of other teens were talking about how the Radar Trap's windows werw creaking. LOL!

We will be in rooms 7627 and 7629 in April. Were you close to any of these on deck 7 aft? This is our first cruise!

Wow, as an old Navy man, I'd love those kind of seas. Just our luck it will be nice and calm.

profdsny said:
Wow, as an old Navy man, I'd love those kind of seas. Just our luck it will be nice and calm.

LOL! My husband is an old navy man, too, and he thought it was strange that we heard so many people on the first night saying how sick they were. He also laughed when DS and I told him about our sea legs yesterday! Once we told him our "symptoms", it reminded him of the old days, I guess :)

It was pretty cool to hear my DH telling our son all about the preparations for going underway as they were standing on the verandah, waiting for the ship to start moving.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter