Just back from 3 days July 27-30 (followed by a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy)

kickash

Mouseketeer
We just returned from our 10 day trip. The 3 days at WDW included a lot of new things for us including staying at Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House (we rented DVC points from a friend), Star Wars Dessert party, Akershus breakfast then Frozen standby, and Animal Kingdom at night (our favorite part!). If you have any questions, I'll do my best to answer them!

I don't think I'll stay at AKL again. It was so big and our room was so far from the lobby and the bus stop. It was a beautiful resort, but just not for us.

We liked the dessert party, but they really should have a price separate for ages 10-20. The desserts were great but no drinks other than 4 cocktails (we prefer beer but we tried one or two). Lines were still about 20-30 minutes to meet Chewbacca and Kylo Ren. The best part was the reserved seating for the show. Perfect! My son and I headed over to MK for extra magic hours and ride BTMRR and Pirates. Space never went below 50 min! Dole whip at 12:15 am was great!

We did MK for the next afternoon and ate lunch at BOG. We've eaten there before and enjoy the lunch menu.

Askershus was great. Loved the food and princess interaction. We ate at 8 am and were in line for Frozen by 8:55. Ride was very cute but not worth the hours long waits. Lunch was Beaches and Cream which we love.

Animal Kingdom at night was fabulous! We rode the safari twice and Everest about 5 times in a row! It's pretty great in the dark.

All in all, a pretty successful quick trip. Not sure when we will head back; would like to wait for some of the new areas to be open plus we are finding that we like the Disney cruise better than going to the parks! This was trip 10 for me, which I know is not that many compared to others on here, but I think we will wait at least until 2018 or later to return.

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter