Just back from 3/27 Magic!!!

tkrules

Earning My Ears
So very sad to be back in the icky cold midwest! I want to be back on the ship! This was our first cruise and it was unbelievable! Not a negative thing to say. Weather was perfect, stateroom was great, food was awesome, Golden Mickeys were so fun, the list goes on and on. I must have gained about 10 pounds from all the Mickey bars alone! I had one every afternoon from room service and every evening for desert, along with a sample of other deserts. I HIGHLY suggest getting the molten lava cake, I think it was on Thursday night. Absolutely to die for! Our servers were Raj from India and Mickael from France. They were great, did magic tricks for the kids and CUT THEIR MEAT! That was a huge surprise and what a treat for me, I actually ate hot food! They also de-tailed our shrimp and lots of other posh things. It was delightful. I can say enough good things. We did not rebook on the ship, my husband wants to try something else next time. He had a great time, but wants to see other parts of the world too...I said "hello??? They do and Eastern!!" (I'm going to do my best to change his mind)
Anyway, I finally get what you all say about that horn...I thought it was kinda corny until I actually heard it, now I want to hear it all the time, it certainly does put a smile on one's face. Even my 11 year old son said that we are the only ship with a cool horn.
It was an awesom trip!!!!!!
Some things I did and found useful...
Plastic garbage bag under the bed for dirty laundry..worked great.
Shoe holder over the door a must! See thru sleeves even better.
Suction cups also to place on the mirror to hold our lanyards with the KTTW cards, always easy to locate.
Tiffany Town Car was the service we used...awesome. On time, loaded luggage, polite, clean vans, inexpensive.
Sleeping pills for the last night. We didn't have any and wish we did. We were so keyed up and anxious/sad we didn't sleep at all...had a long travel day ahead of use wishing we weren't dog tired!
Golden Mickeys a must.
Call to find out the night before where the charachters will be and when, makes life easier. The Navigators aren't specific enough if you're in a hurry and your screaming kids wants to see Donald. a phone call saved our life.
Order a pot of coffee and cookies every afternoon while you are getting ready for dinner. It's such a nice treat. (I of course also got a Mickey bar too!)
Extension cords, absolutely.
Night light, it's dark at sea in those cabins.
Extra hangers to free up drawer space, the closets hold quite a bit more than I thought they would. I hung tons of stuff!
One of the drawers next to the closet was our "going out drawer" Hats, cameras, autograph books, markers/pens, sunscreen,etc.
That's all for now.....
It was awesome! You can't go wrong with a Disney cruise!

Thanks for the trip report and the great tips!!!

Glad you all had such a good trip. Did you do any excursions?

I HIGHLY suggest getting the molten lava cake, I think it was on Thursday night. Absolutely to die for!

That is the same night they have the Cherries Jubilee in the dining room. Ask your server to combine the 2 desserts! Trust me on this! :hyper:

Two and a half years ago we had Raj as a server. I still rank him as one of my fav's. He seemed to provide the perfect blend of upscale service while still being fun. He was marvelous. I don't remember him as pushing the whole excellent speech :rolleyes: but then he didn't need to!

Originally posted by tkrules
One of the drawers next to the closet was our "going out drawer" Hats, cameras, autograph books, markers/pens, sunscreen,etc.

Excellent idea!

BTW -- your enthusiasm is quite contagious! Thanks for the report. Welcome home and good luck with talking hubby into the Eastern! :)

I'm glad you enjoyed your trip. Some great tips. Who can you call to find out which characters are appearing when? That's a great time saver.

/

What a great review, wonderful tips for newbies, it is clear that you are now a true believer, and like me, your spouse doesn't quite get the big picture--that there's DCL and everything else is a boat trip. My DW (and mysteriously sometimes, DS) get awfully wishy washy when I speak of the next Magic cruise--tell DH that he and my DW can go check something else out, and you and I will go Eastern Magic, LOL. Seriously, while it is true a fleet of two ships leaves DCL with few choices for itineraries, when you live in the cold northeast, a place I escaped from ofter a chilly first quarter century of life, you don't need to go anywhere that DCL can't take you.

Just call 7-pals from your stateroom phone to find out where the charachters are. We didn't do any excursions via Disney. However, we took a private excursion in Cayman with Captain Dexter to the stingray sandbar. It was great. I believe his website is Fantasea Tours or something like that. He picked us up when we got off the ship and drove us to the boat. the ride (on the catamaran) was about 45 min, beautiful ride to the sandbar. We swam with the stingrays, then had a light snack then he took us to a coral reef to snorkel. My son saw Dora and Nemo...the real ones! He then provides transportation back to the dock, but we had him drop us off for lunch. Great place to eat in Cayman is the Treehouse. Excellent food, decent price, right on the beach where the kids can play and a beautiful view of the Magic while dining. They offer a fish bowl kiddie drink that was horrible, skip that. It looks cool, but none of our kids liked it (we traveled with 12 kids!) The fish and chips were awesome, as was most of the menu. As for Cptn Dexter, the price for our private charter was 500, not including tip. We were traveling with 5 families (22 people total) on the cruise and we all did the charter, split the price. We thought it was a good deal. 100 per family!
I wanna be back on the Magic!!!!!! I have the post cruise blues!

tkrules, did you use the Cove Cafe? If so, is Miguel still the barman in there?

Originally posted by tkrules
[BSuction cups also to place on the mirror to hold our lanyards with the KTTW cards, always easy to locate.
[/B]

What a great idea!!!. I had not heard that one before.

Glad you had a great time. Don't worry, I bet between you and your son you can change your husband's mind and do another cruise.

We had Raj as our server 1and 1/2 years ago and loved him. We were disappointed this year when he and Gemma our server prior to that were both on vacation, but we also loved Ritesh that we had this time. We have been lucky that none of our servers pushed the excellent speech, but then again none of them had to.

Welcome back to reality, glad you had a wonderful trip.

Ah-ha! That is why it was so difficult to get a Mickey bar on that cruise! For the love of peace - share the magic! (and the Coronas for crying out loud!!!!!!!!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter