Just back...flight on Delta, Rental car from National

zulaya

DIS Veteran
Just got back last night. We usually don't fly Delta, but got a really good price and took it.

Pros: Love that Delta's pilots always tell you where you are on the takeoff list. Each time we were #1, #2 or #3 for takeoff. Even if we were #10, it's nice to know. We made a stop in ATL to change planes. ATL-MCO had the funniest flight attendant who kept cracking jokes. It was great. Easy check in.

Cons: Well, on the way down, we changed planes in ATL and when we got to MCO, one of our bags (the one with all my and DHs clothes) was missing. Somehow, it went to Puerto Rico. Yeah, that's right, Puerto Rico. We landed at MCO on Dec 9 at 1:30pm and didn't get the bag until Dec 10 about 9pm. That was yucky. Especially when we were told they would reimburse us $25 per day so we at least could buy some clean underwear and stuff and then when we turn in the receipts, they say they won't reimburse for the first 24 hours. That kind of irritated me, especially as I had a manager confirm we could purchase items for ourselves. So I am writing a letter. But I think that I will probably not go out of my way to choose Delta in the future.

We also were delayed in ATL on the way home a couple hours. That was a maintenance issue with the aircraft. At least we were put on a different plane, but it just made for a long travel day.

National: Had Emerald Aisle. We came in on the B side. Lots to choose from. Several mid-size SUVs on the EA. We picked a red Jeep Liberty as we thought it would stand out in the parking lot. No problems on check out...no problems on check in. Paid a little more than Alamo for EA, but am happy with it.

Hello neighbor,

We also took Delta for the first time in November. It was ok, for some reason it felt like there was more leg room. We thought the crew was great. Interesting though....we had maintenance issues on every plane we were on with them (connecting flights each way, so 4 total). Each issue caused us to be delayed (and not short delays) so they could fix it. On 2 of the 4 flights, we were put on a new plane. That means you wait for a new plane and wait for all of the luggage to be tranfered. It was frustrating.

Since getting back I have read others talk about maintenance issues on Delta's planes. I wonder why so many problems with them. We have flown with many airlines, but never had this much trouble.

magicadisney - I agree with you on legroom. The MD-88 from MSP-ATL was wonderful!

Weird about maintenance...however it was on a Canadair regional jet that we had the issues on. Was that the case for you?

I for the life of me can't remember what all of the planes were, but I know it wasn't Canadair.

I would never go out of my way to book Delta, but I would fly them again if the price was right (if you don't mind checking you reservations daily). We also really enjoyed checking our luggage at the resort instead of taking them to the airport. This was our first experience using an airline that participated in that.

Hope you had a wonderful time in Disney!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter