• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back - DDP Quick Comments

melomouse

DIS Veteran
Hi All -
Just back tonite, yup - used 'em all!!! That was 30 credits, mind you, for me, DS (15) and DD (11).

Although we paid for the DP, it was again well worth it for us. I was glad for these boards, for the experience of having used FDP last fall, and for teaching my kids a bit about how it worked. Everytime my son came back with another "snack", he'd be proud it was a credit use - like a mac and cheese side dish at Sunshine Seasons, or, of course, the Dole Whips!!

Peco's Bill's now has the Express registers, so we had fun ordering on the screen and running the card thru. Unfortunately, someone messed up and we ended up with an EXTRA item (taco salad). The guy begged me to take it - what could I say?:lmao: We handed our desserts and apple snacks off to a family sitting next to us eating french fries and soda for lunch.

I will say that I was told at the Dole Whip place (it escapes me atm) that after 11PM that night - MK closing - that she could sell me the Dole Whip but could not run it thru on the DDP as a snack credit. This happened also at the Confectionery on another night.

Lots of people are not lucky enough to have the DIS:grouphug: and I found myself helping some folks out, especially at Counter Service. Castmembers throughout the parks were patient, tho, and offered to ring things as snacks if there were extra items on a tray, and rattled off choices to people very quickly.

We ate at Yachtsman, Concourse Steakhouse, Le Cellier, San Angel, Alfredo's, Mama Melrose, Prime Time Cafe, Chef Mickey's, Biergarten, Yacht Club Galley and Kona Cafe.

Counter Service selections were Sunshine Season Food Fair, Peco's Bill's, Hurricane Hannah's, Beach Club Marketplace, Roaring Forks, ABC Commissary, and Wolfgang Puck Express.

There was some rushing of service. They do want to take the dessert orders right away. Some servers offer smoothies as included, some do not. Refills on soft drinks was certainly permitted - it was just catching the server to do it!

We were also compensated for the Tappan Edo delay - this by accident as I had to change ADR's the day we switched resorts, and happened to talk to the CM about my upcoming lunch ressie at LeCellier since dinner was impossible!;) Poof! There it was on the very night we had been scheduled to go to Tappan Edo.

I am sooo grateful to all the experts on this board who made this 10 day trip a very special dining experience for us! Any questions - ask away! Hopefully, I'll be posting reviews very soon!

Glad you had a greart trip. Can't wait to hear you reports of the rest.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter