• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just Back Cr W/upgrade

snclopez

Earning My Ears
Thanks to all who recommended the Contemporary. We just got back from a 5-day trip on Wednesday.

I have always been wary of spending that much per night when the other moderate/deluxe are priced much lower. I splurged and did a garden wing but was upgraded to Tower Bay Lake view. The CR was awesome and I loved the Bay Lake side! Having the monorail at your fingertips was the best feature. We would just hop on and go and get around so quickly. I now am hooked and will have to splurge again the next time!!!

:yay:

Thanks for the report, I have been wanting to stay at CR but I always can't justify the dollars to stay there and if I do I am afraid I will be spoiled by it.

We stayed at the CR in 2003 and LOVED IT!!! I would love to stay there again, but with our trip being 10 nights next time I dont think we could swing it.:sad2:
Ive booked 2 rooms at POP since we have 4 kids (or will have by our trip). Maybe if a great code comes out we can switch- or maybe we will win the lottery!!!!!:banana:

Thanks to all who recommended the Contemporary. We just got back from a 5-day trip on Wednesday.

I have always been wary of spending that much per night when the other moderate/deluxe are priced much lower. I splurged and did a garden wing but was upgraded to Tower Bay Lake view. The CR was awesome and I loved the Bay Lake side! Having the monorail at your fingertips was the best feature. We would just hop on and go and get around so quickly. I now am hooked and will have to splurge again the next time!!!

:yay:

How were the love bugs? Heard they were very bad last couple of weeks have they gone away yet?

The love bugs were still pretty bad. We live in Jacksonville, FL so we are pretty used to having them around. The car was covered by the time we got to Disney, which is pretty disgusting! It seemeed like there were more of them in Toontown at Magic Kingdom than around the other parks. Maybe the bright colors?

As far as the upgrade, I booked the AP rate for a Garden Wing back in February. A couple of days before we left, I went to my itinerary online and printed out my reservation. It stated Tower Bay Lake View. At check-in after he had punched in my name, etc, I stated my reservation shows I have a Bay Lake Tower room and showed him the print out. He excused himself to the back momentarily with my paper and came back and completed my check in. We got a Tower room on the 11th floor on Bay Lake! It was a beautiful and quiet view. We watched the fireworks from the observation deck on 4 and twice from the Poly beach. I almost prefer the Bay Lake view since you can see fireworks around the hotel.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter