Just Back-bwv

paults

HOME IS WHERE BWV IS
Just back from BWV 7-21 to 7-26. Stayed in preferred view 1 bed-room # 4024 full view of luna pool. Could is MGM Mickeys Hat and TOT, plus the canal to MGM. Could see some high fireworks at epcot( not a lot) It rained everyday at some point with thunderstorms. HOT:sunny: AND HUMID everyday 92 and above. ( not cool like when we got home to cooler weather 90).
Our view also encluded the work going on behind the leaping horse bar. Looks like Rooms (by pool entrance) to the canal Poolside were closed. Some had white tarps hanging and some didn't. Also rooms across hall from us were closed. The work did not spoil our vacation, you just go about your business like its not there. One thing (WE WILL NEVER GO AGAIN IN THE SUMMER) WE only went this July because of banked pts from our resale(free trip)

DVC July 25 THURSDAY MEET at comm. hall at BWV at 8am. There were about 11 DVC memberships (families) there that total about 22 people. So with that few DVC members there, how did I not get the Epcot view I asked for (just kidding). We did get a new DVC member hat for being the newest members there.

Other than the hot weather our trip was very nice and we visited VWL and OKW on Monday. Parks Tues and wed, Monorail resorts on thurs. Came home fri.

On a scale of 1-5 (5 being highest) rating, this is where ate

red river grill--4-bw
olivia's----------4-okw
cape may cafe-3- disappointed-bc
canada-lunch-5 ws
mama melrose-4 mgm
germany biertigarden-dinner -5-ws-all you can eat
kona cafe-Poly-3 lunch
espn-4 -bw
SHOCKWAVE-5 -WS
ILLIM-5-WS

Transportation--front of BWV 40 min wait at 5pm Tues for MK, but lots of water park buses came by. People in front of us waited at least 50 min. Seems like bus trans. is a little slow right now but it should pick up.
Walked to MGM wed mourn. took 15 min from luna pool and about the same to epcot from luna pool. Normal walking

Boats are great trans. if your not in a hurry. They can take from 25 to 35 min, believe me we did a couple of times and loved it.
Saw the new BCV they look nice but tucked away behind the trees from BW side. Will surely stay there sometime.

Our room was way down the hall next to last room by stairs. The walk is not that far considering that your going to the parks to walk anyway. We kind of like it way out there.

Any questions just ask. See ya Paul

Thanks for reporting. We never minded the long hall walk either, it's always so quiet at the end.

I am leaving on Friday for BWV, and wonder how the construction is on the Boardwalk side. I requested a BW view. Are there a lot of rooms out of commission there?

As far as I could tell on BW side the rooms over Big River Grill are closed. Couldn't tell how many rooms were involved. Hope your request was at 11 months for BW view, then you might get it. If not ,don't expect it. We had luna pool view 4th fl and it was great. We tried for epcot view but at only 2 months out didn't expect it. Good luck and have a nice trip, Paul

HOT! HOT! HOT! AND RAIN

paults,
Good report. I was just wondering what disappointed you at the Cape May Cafe? We were planning on the Character Breakfast there next month. Thanks.

A couple of questions....we'll be at BWV in Sept for 5 days..can't wait! Can you confirm that the rooms have toasters? Also, do the ground floor rooms have patios to walk out on in lieu of a balcony? Thanks, Jo

cape may cafe- Blake--we only had a late lunch (buffet) there and we thought the food quality could have been better, plus you have to buy your beverages (soda, ice tea,etc). Just our opinion. I'm sure you will enjoy the character breakfast.

TOASTERS- Jo-Anne, In your members guidebook page 72 is a list of what you get for 1-2-3 bedroom villas. Not sure about studios for toaster but we took the tour and my wife said there was a toaster in the studios.

Jo- anne, From what I saw at the BWV quiet pool the patio was about the same size as the balconies. This I know because we had a rain storm and most of the people in the pool area were running into the 1st floor rooms across the grass.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter