Just back - BWV & OKW

MinnieGi

DVC/BWV
What a wonderful winter thaw break week we had! We enjoyed a week of high 70's and low 80 degree weather. We left WDW yesterday, Feb. 8th in 40 degree weather so we really lucked out for our week.

BWV
We checked into our "home" on Sunday, Feb. 1st around 1:00 pm. We had been assigned a room, but it was not ready so the cm switched us to another room - 2010. Now this trip was booked on standard points so I was surprised that we faced the Swan/Dolphin. However right outside our balcony was a long red building and we did could not see the canal so I'm assuming that is why these are "standard" view rooms. Never the less we enjoyed the sunshine on our double balcony. The room is a hike from the elevator but we enjoyed being on the same floor as the lobby and close to stairwells to the pool area. Our room was very clean when we arrived. But we noticed right away the ceiling fan in the main bedroom shook when we turned it on. My DH called maintenance right away and they came up to look at it in about 15 minutes. They determined it needed a new fan and would be back to install it. We went out for a while and returned and no new fan had been installed so my DH called again to inquire when someone would be coming and they came up right away and assembled and hung a new ceiling fan for us. In the meantime I noticed the walk-in closet light had burnt out so we called down for a replacement and another maintenance guy came right up to put one in. After this our unit was in fine shape for the rest of the week.

The day we arrived Luna Park Pool's heat was out but the new heater we were told by the lifeguards was going to be replaced the next day. They advised us to go over to the community hall pool. We went over and found the warmest water!!! Even after Luna Park's heater was fixed it came no where near the warmth of community hall pool. So if you are going soon check out that pool, its sooooo delightful! My 3yo DD had never been over to that pool and was sooo happy there was no CLOWN face! In Luna Park pool you cannot take her anywhere near the end of the pool where the clown is - she just starts screaming - No Clown!!!

We only took the bus one day over to AK. We always drive over to MK b/c we have a huge stroller and the MK bus is always so crowded DH has to hold the stroller on his lap. But the AK bus never seems to be as full (nor do we go at opening or closing) so he can hold the stroller on a seat next to him. Anyway we were surprised that after we got on we stopped at the Swan/Dolphin and then went onto BB & AK. But then when we got picked up we did the full S/D, YC/BC, BW loop. The bus was waiting for us when we left BW and only had about a 10 minute wait returning.

We had excellent service from bell services too. We switched to OKW for Friday and Saturday night as a way to wind down from the BW excitement. We used luggage transfer and were so surprised they kept all of our food and drinks refridgerated. We liked hopping resorts, but will stay at our last destination longer the next time we do it. It was the first time we did the luggage transfer and will definetly do that again too.

OKW
After enjoying a day at MK we arrived to check in at OKW around 4:00. Steve was our check-in cm and was super sweet and chatty. As we talked Steve found out we had a 3 yo who loves to swim and play and he found us a wonderful room next to the pool and playground. We were in room 2021 on Miller's road. Our balcony faced two ponds with fountains and overlooked a few golf holes. It was perfect! I really enjoy sitting and relaxing on the balcony so this was a wonderful view for me. Our room was in great condition with the excpetion of the sofa bed having two rips in it. We called housekeeping just to let them know, but it didn't bother our stay. We really enjoyed our relaxing time at OKW to wind down from all the excitement and activities we did during the BWV part of our stay.

3yo DD cried her eyes when we had to leave to go home. I wanted to also but DH kept looking at me to stay strong so DD wouldn't wither any further. :( DD cheered up a little when I told her we'd be back, but not till next year. We won't be taking our usual fall trip this year as we are expecting a new arrival in August!!!!!!! :) But Feb. 2005 is in the plans!!!! ::MinnieMo

Any questions, I'd be more than happy to answer. :earsgirl:

Gi

Thanks for the report. What size room did you have at OKW? I've heard more positive comments about the views in Miller road area!

Thank you for taking the time to write a trip report for us to read & enjoy. I am glad you reported the ceiling fan & the light bulb. Members are owners & should help CMs keep our home looking good.

Originally posted by Simba's Mom
Thanks for the report. What size room did you have at OKW? I've heard more positive comments about the views in Miller road area!

We were in a one bedroom. It was a lock-off so it could also be booked as part of a two bedroom.

Thanks for taking the time to post. Glad to hear you had a nice time and that any minor problems were taken care of quickly.

Great trip and great report. I have always thought the view from those Miller's Road units was spectacular! Sounds like a 2 bedroom is in your near future!

Glad to hear you had a wonderful trip. Thanks for the report. You got really lucky with the weather, we were there for 10 days leaving Feb 1 and the whole time the temps only got into the 70's twice (our first and last days--of course!), the rest of the time it was low 60's cloudy, windy and rainy. But it was still better than being home in the snow! LOL!

Thanks for report - makes us miss out home away from home. Glad your stay was so pleasant.

I am ROFL thinking about a small child bellowing "No Clown! No Clown!" :rotfl: -- Sorry, it's not that I derive pleasure from your lil' one's phobias, it's just too vivid an image that any mom can relate to!
That ranks right up there in my book of BWV memorable Mom quotes with the DISer who wrote about how her son didn't like the BW view room at night because he couldn't sleep; he told her that he tried to sleep, but even if he closed his eyes, all he could see was "FLYING FISH! FLYING FISH! FLYING FISH!" I'm laughing all over again on that one too! Aren't kids just too much? Fortunately -- my kids are Clown-Tolerant, and after reading what a great time you had, we're anxious to go HOME! Thanks so much for your post!

(PS My DH is from Wilmington DE area ... we still spend a fair portion of our vacation time up there each year doing the "World Tour for Peace" amongst his family... I like your tax free shopping, but I'd rather be at WDW! :) )

Originally posted by gopherit
I am ROFL thinking about a small child bellowing "No Clown! No Clown!" :
(

My DD had quite a few people including the lifegurads LOL as she shreiked, "No Clown! No Clown!" Glad she gave you a good laugh too. DH and I also thought it was hysterical. I had two moms come up to me to tell me they thought the clown was scary too.

Gopherit - I like our tax free shopping also, but I'd much rather be in WDW too!!! :sunny:

Thanks for reporting!

I like what JudithM had to say:
"Members are owners & should help CMs keep our home looking good."
this is an excellent point.

Great report! I enjoyed your description of the warmer climate and your daughter's clown intolerance gave me a good chuckle too.:p Thank you for posting!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter