just back - AWFUL crowds

buzzlightlily

Earning My Ears
i just back home. we arrived for a long weekend thursday and came home today (sunday). I am telling you - the crowds were really terrible yesterday. i mean, it was awful! many of the cast members said it was way more crowded than they ever expected and they don't really know why. i was very disappointed.

The crowds have been really heavy and we were actually expecting that. The reason that I was given by management was that this is when people rescheuled their vacation for from the Hurricanes. We were expecting the crowds to pick up significantly begining on the 8th and through this entire week because it was a holiday weekend (Columbus Day) and a lot of people that had vacations postponed due to Charley, Frances, Ivan and Jeanne had rescheduled for this week. I have to admit yesterday for example MK was a bit busier than even I expected.

I was there last weekend and the crowds were horrible too........I thought maybe it was because of Columbus weekend and also the Food and Wine Festival, but I also think that many people who were booked in Sept. rescheduled to Oct. since it is usually kinda slow there were probably many opening for this time of the year.........but that is just my thoughts.

we are leaving for the airport in about an hour...

eek!!!!!

bummed to hear its extra crowded, but since its my first trip, I won't know the difference!!

see ya when we get back!!!!!:wave:

the worst was yesterday (saturday) at MK. i'm just wondering, Libertybelle, do you know how many people were there yesterday? one CM told me he heard 55000; but i thought "sold out" was 44000. he said he had was fairly new; (didn't work there this summer) but he had never seen it that crowded.

Without posting numbers ;) I will tell you that capacity is way more than 44,000 at MK (way more)... and that it takes a 45,000 day to run 3 trains, there were only 2 out yesterday so it was not as high as you were told...Illuding the direct question...Yes, but that is what I can give you :)

We were there the first week of Oct. last year and there were virtually no wait times for anything. We just got back yesterday and we had to use fastpass on about everything. For example, Test Track wait time was 75 minutes. TOT wait time 90 minutes, Rock and Roll Rollercoaster wait time 30 minutes. Crowds were terrible all week; most resorts were totally booked.

DTD was packed today. I had a hard time even finding a parking space. Very busy!

LibertyBelle, we'll be there Dec. 10-13, how crowded do you expect it to be that weekend? MVMCP is on the 10th and 12th, we'll be at MK for dd's birthday on the 11th. Should I be worried about MK on a Sat. during that time?

Originally posted by KIRSTIN'S MOMMY
Should I be worried about MK on a Sat. during that time?

Any night that there is a Spectro and Wishes scheduled during the slow season will be much busier. Because they are not performed everynight, that is the night that people will be there. I have not heard what they are expecting for that time frame, but from past expereince what I would say is that you will find MK to be busy (since it is Saturday) but not crowded during the day and starting around 6pm you will see a significant increase in the crowds. People will start to use their "Hopper tickets" and come over just for Spectro (which is scheduled at 8pm that night). A lot of people will spend the day in another park and just come to MK for the parade.

Originally posted by LibertyBelle
Any night that there is a Spectro and Wishes scheduled during the slow season will be much busier. Because they are not performed everynight, that is the night that people will be there. I have not heard what they are expecting for that time frame, but from past expereince what I would say is that you will find MK to be busy (since it is Saturday) but not crowded during the day and starting around 6pm you will see a significant increase in the crowds. People will start to use their "Hopper tickets" and come over just for Spectro (which is scheduled at 8pm that night). A lot of people will spend the day in another park and just come to MK for the parade.

Thanks for all your helpful info LibertyBelle.

We will be in MK next Saturday (23rd) for our 8:05am PS at CRT. We figured we'd be done with breakfast just when the park was opening at 9:00am. We thought we'd try to squeeze in a few rides before heading out of the park so it sounds like that might be possible if the vast majority of people head to MK later in the day to see Spectro & Wishes. :D

Debbie

Yeah I thought it was really crowded. Just got back today - did MK on 10/14 and I swear the MNSSH was packed- more than during the day. Still fantasric but not what I expected.

Heard lots of reschedules from hurricanes and.... Florida residents are getting a special deal.

wow! sounds like we got out just in time
1wk ago we were flying back home (wahhhhhhh)
We were in WDW Oct 2-10 and the crowds were minimal

newholiday: "We were in WDW Oct 2-10 and the crowds were minimal"

lucky you! i'm jealous bc it was not fun "fighting the crowd". during the day saturday at mk, we could barely push the stroller around. i thought it was june or july!

wait time for peterpan was over an hour. we got a fast pass for that around 2:30 and the return time was 5:30-6:30 if that tells you anything!

ouch ouch - our time is coming though
next August we'll be there in the summer heat w/the crowds!

We went to AK yesterday, being the time of year we thought the crowds would be low.....so wrong. I don't think I have seen it that crowded, not even at Christmas. There were just tons of people. After AK closed we went to DTD for ice cream and that to was crowded. We left around 7:00 and had a hard time getting out of there. Hopefully crowds will go down soon.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter