Just back....AOA LM room

Glad you had a great trip and thanks for the review. I generally take all negative info with a grain of salt as I think my family need to try everything on our own to form our own opinion. But I love to hear the good news and now look forward to our days in the LM room with much excitement.

Thank you mamlolo for the info on the coffee cart and the view. I really hope I get my lakeview request.

Honestly, I didn't think the walk at POP was horrible. We were in a far section too. It can get a little daunting for non-walkers or especially if you don't really know your way around the resort yet. I think some of the Moderates are HUGE in comparison to the values!:thumbsup2

Thanks so much!!! You've only confirmed what I've been saying since Dec. The walk from the LM rooms is not that bad. You want bad??? Stay at BW someday and get an end of the building room!!! Now, that's a hike. Or at Kidani....better bring food with you in case you walk slowly!!
I also loved the walk through the Lion King section. It is just wonderful. And the food court is no different than any other value food court. It is what it is!!
I can't wait to get back there for our last two nights at WDW in early June. My dd is going to love it there!!!

I have to agree about BW and AKL, I would like to add BC to that list. Long walks for sure and never ending hallways but we still love all three.

:goodvibes

Thanks for the review. We are staying in a LM room in August and have been reading about the long walks but that isn't changing my decision

Really looking forward to staying here

Glad you had a great trip.
I always laugh(and ignore) when posters say that the walks take "forever" or the room is "miles away" from everything. When we stayed at POP a couple of months ago we went over to AOA and walked around and we are with you, the walk from LM is not bad at all. They did such a great job on the themeing of the grounds that the walk is very enjoyable. I remember reading a post from someone about the LM rooms, they said that they jog daily and that the walk was far for them:rotfl: We are in a society where everyone wants everything at their finger tips:(

THIS ^^^^^^^

Great review, we visited AoA and LM section just to check it out, thinking about it for our next trip. My wife is a huge LM fan, and it was awesome.

People always complain about the walks on these boards, I can kind of get it if you have a couple little ones though, I am sure that makes it more difficult, but its not something I take seriously. Often the walks are a couple hundred yards but to hear people talk about them its 2 miles. :)

Glad you had a great trip ! AoA LM is still in the running for our return !

Glad you had a great vacation. :) Thanks for the review.

Are the safes electronic or do they still have the old keys?

They are electronic and ours started beeping at 1am in the morning. Had to call maintance and they came and took battery out. Things happen.

Thanks for this awesome review! We are staying at AoA in a LM room in less than 2 weeks, and I was getting a tince nervous about all the "long walk" complaints, but I feel better about it after reading your post! So glad you had a wonderful vacation :)

Thanks for sharing! I stayed a week at AoA in January and was a little worried about the walk/the noise/etc. because a lot of complaints were circulating around DIS.

Like you, I was pleasantly surprised by the resort. You're right- it was beautiful and the walk wasn't horrible. Sure, it was a little long, but not bad. I thought LoF was busy but the food was good (for a value food court) and there was a nice selection. The rooms were a little small but it was only two of us so we were fine.

I wholeheartedly support your statement that people shouldn't change their reservations. Give AoA a chance! I think a lot of people will find that the complaints are a little blown out of proportion and overall, its a great resort!

I was a little disappointed that the LM rooms were not included in free dining when Dh and I go in the fall. I really loved staying there. I was not bothered by the walk, but I work retail so I am used to being on my feet all day.

We just returned from a wonderful spring break trip. I had read so many negative things regarding the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA, that I felt I needed to give my family's opinions. We were there for 10 days and had an amazing time. We stayed in building 7 (Ursula), facing the lake. I can honestly say that after 10 days of the walk to/from our room to refill our mugs, go to the bus stops, etc..., that he did not complain one time. After reading many reviews, we went expecting the worst, and got there and realized that the walk is not bad at all!! We could do the walk in 4 minutes. We went to a few other resorts to eat dinner, and the walk from the LM section is nothing compared to some of the other resorts! AOA is such a beautiful resort, that we felt lucky that we were able to walk through the Lion King section every time.
I have read posts where people have changed their resort reservations because of the walk from the LM section. Our advice: please don't do that. If you do, you will be missing out on staying at an absolutely gorgeous resort! The walk is fine!!!

Our stay was fabulous! We were sad to leave and we look forward to staying there again in the future. We are a value resort family. We figure that we are not in the rooms long enough to pay the extra, so we all agreed that we found our new favorite! Thanks!!:cool1:

I so agree with your take! Loved walking thru Lion King! The walk is fine! The longest walks we ever had were to our rooms in BWI and BC. There are really long wraparound corridors in those resorts!

Curious on your remark with the thermostat... did you experience the motion sensored auto shut off at night or when you weren't in the room? I'm pretty sure that's standard there, but I didn't know if there was a way to bypass it (there is at CSR). I keep the central air in my house at 70 so that temp is fine to me, I'd just be more concerned with the motion sensor part shutting it down so it's not cooling while I'm out. I hate coming in to a warm room.

Curious on your remark with the thermostat... did you experience the motion sensored auto shut off at night or when you weren't in the room? I'm pretty sure that's standard there, but I didn't know if there was a way to bypass it (there is at CSR). I keep the central air in my house at 70 so that temp is fine to me, I'd just be more concerned with the motion sensor part shutting it down so it's not cooling while I'm out. I hate coming in to a warm room.

I was concerned about that but it wasn't an issue. I kept the temp around 68 or so...I was never hot during the night. And I thought it would be an issue. But, it wasn't.

We were there, in a LM room, for our last two nights. We moved over from AllStar Music. I was so happy to be at AoA!!! We had been put in the Country Fair bldgs at Music. Man, that was a hike. But when I got to AoA-LM I compared the walk. It was almost the same!!! It must be due to the theming that it doesn't seem as far at LM as it did at Music!!! I love walking through the Lion King section!
I did think the main pool was a bit crowded most of the time. But I was very pleasantly surprised to find that the pool noise from the LM pool wasn't a big deal. We were given a room facing the pool, ground level. The lifeguard station was pretty much right in front of us..Ursula bldg. I was never bothered by any noise!!!

Thanks for the review, we can't wait to stay there this Fall. I am now curious what people keep their thermostats at...at home we keep ours at 77 in the summer or else we'd go broke, but 70 sounds freezing! Do people regularly put it in the 60's in the summer? Maybe because hotel rooms are stuffier?

I'm glad to read the reviews about the seemingly long yet not really walk to the LM section! I was a little worried about it since I would want to get coffee at LoF before I head out on my rope drop days come January.

Oh and I keep my thermostat at 72 year round. It feels cool enough in the summer and warm enough in the winter, plus I don't have to worry about playing around with a thermostat that I can hardly understand. (It's not as simple as pressing an up or down arrow, unfortunately.) :confused3

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter