Just back....AOA LM room

mamalolo

Earning My Ears
We just returned from a wonderful spring break trip. I had read so many negative things regarding the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA, that I felt I needed to give my family's opinions. We were there for 10 days and had an amazing time. We stayed in building 7 (Ursula), facing the lake. My kids had initially wanted a room facing the pool, but were just as happy with the peaceful view from our room. We are a family of four: 2 adults, a 12-year-old, and an 8-year-old. My youngest is a genuine complainer.:) I can honestly say that after 10 days of the walk to/from our room to refill our mugs, go to the bus stops, etc..., that he did not complain one time. After reading many reviews, we went expecting the worst, and got there and realized that the walk is not bad at all!! We could do the walk in 4 minutes. We went to a few other resorts to eat dinner, and the walk from the LM section is nothing compared to some of the other resorts! AOA is such a beautiful resort, that we felt lucky that we were able to walk through the Lion King section every time. It seemed that every time we did the walk, we saw something different. To get to the bus stop, we took the walkway along the outside of the buildings. This, too, was fun every time because the outside buildings have a different look. I have read posts where people have changed their resort reservations because of the walk from the LM section. Our advice: please don't do that. If you do, you will be missing out on staying at an absolutely gorgeous resort! The walk is fine!!!

Another complaint that I've read was regarding the thermostat controls in the rooms staying at 70 degrees. The thermostats have up and down arrows. We put ours at 66 degrees and it stayed that temperature the entire time. Our kids actually said that the room was too cold.

We never heard our neighbors, but we did hear doors slamming. The doors in the LM section are very hard to close. You have to slam the door in order for the door to shut completely, but everyone had the same problem, so it's hard to get annoyed by an issue that all of the other guests were also having.

Landscape of Flavors was chaos, but no more than other value resort food courts where we've also stayed. We enjoyed the food and thought that there were many choices for all of our different food preferences.

Our stay was fabulous! We were sad to leave and we look forward to staying there again in the future. We are a value resort family. We figure that we are not in the rooms long enough to pay the extra, so we all agreed that we found our new favorite! Thanks!!:cool1:

We just returned from a wonderful spring break trip. I had read so many negative things regarding the Little Mermaid rooms at AOA, that I felt I needed to give my family's opinions. We were there for 10 days and had an amazing time. We stayed in building 7 (Ursula), facing the lake. My kids had initially wanted a room facing the pool, but were just as happy with the peaceful view from our room. We are a family of four: 2 adults, a 12-year-old, and an 8-year-old. My youngest is a genuine complainer.:) I can honestly say that after 10 days of the walk to/from our room to refill our mugs, go to the bus stops, etc..., that he did not complain one time. After reading many reviews, we went expecting the worst, and got there and realized that the walk is not bad at all!! We could do the walk in 4 minutes. We went to a few other resorts to eat dinner, and the walk from the LM section is nothing compared to some of the other resorts! AOA is such a beautiful resort, that we felt lucky that we were able to walk through the Lion King section every time. It seemed that every time we did the walk, we saw something different. To get to the bus stop, we took the walkway along the outside of the buildings. This, too, was fun every time because the outside buildings have a different look. I have read posts where people have changed their resort reservations because of the walk from the LM section. Our advice: please don't do that. If you do, you will be missing out on staying at an absolutely gorgeous resort! The walk is fine!!!

Another complaint that I've read was regarding the thermostat controls in the rooms staying at 70 degrees. The thermostats have up and down arrows. We put ours at 66 degrees and it stayed that temperature the entire time. Our kids actually said that the room was too cold.

We never heard our neighbors, but we did hear doors slamming. The doors in the LM section are very hard to close. You have to slam the door in order for the door to shut completely, but everyone had the same problem, so it's hard to get annoyed by an issue that all of the other guests were also having.

Landscape of Flavors was chaos, but no more than other value resort food courts where we've also stayed. We enjoyed the food and thought that there were many choices for all of our different food preferences.

Our stay was fabulous! We were sad to leave and we look forward to staying there again in the future. We are a value resort family. We figure that we are not in the rooms long enough to pay the extra, so we all agreed that we found our new favorite! Thanks!!:cool1:

Glad you had a great vacation. :) Thanks for the review.

Are the safes electronic or do they still have the old keys?

Glad you had a great trip.
I always laugh(and ignore) when posters say that the walks take "forever" or the room is "miles away" from everything. When we stayed at POP a couple of months ago we went over to AOA and walked around and we are with you, the walk from LM is not bad at all. They did such a great job on the themeing of the grounds that the walk is very enjoyable. I remember reading a post from someone about the LM rooms, they said that they jog daily and that the walk was far for them:rotfl: We are in a society where everyone wants everything at their finger tips:(

Thanks for posting this. I was sorta debating switching from LM rooms b/c my mom is nervous about the "long walk". I'm glad I read your post. I also requested lakeview building 7. Did you have a good view? Were you on the side closer to Lion King?
Also, did you see any coffee/pop stations/carts near the LM section? There are rumours about that on here.

Thanks for your review! I'm curious what you thought about the towels in the room. I've read reports that AOA has really thin/cheap towels.

mum2four said:
Thanks for your review! I'm curious what you thought about the towels in the room. I've read reports that AOA has really thin/cheap towels.

Im sure they are no different than the other value resorts. Theyre all cheap and thin. :rotfl:

Thanks soooo much for posting that review. It helps a lot!!!!! I was worried about the walk too, but I decided when its time to book I will go for AoA thanks to your post.

Thank you for sharing!
I'm glad that you and your family enjoyed your stay. I hope to stay at AoA sometime soon!

We went in the fall and liked it; not sure I could have done 10 days there, but it was just my 4 year old and me so it didn't make sense to do a family suite. I wish they had some regular rooms mixed in closer though, b/c the walk is doable, but just far after a long day. We aren't the type to rush to the parks first thing in the morning so the food area wasn't too crowded when we went.

Thanks for the review! I've been second-guessing myself about our LM room with some of the negative reviews. We stayed at Pop last time (in the 70s facing the lake) and loved it. While we are surprising the kids with the trip, they have been very vocal about hoping to someday stay at AOA, and a suite is just out of our budget.

Now I'm back to being excited once again about LM :)

Thanks for a great review! My 6 year old is kind of bummed that we're not staying in the LM section next Month. I'm thinking of booking another trip for next year with my parents and I am thinking of doing LM if we like AoA.

Thanks for the review! We are staying one night in a LM room in June before your package at AKV starts. I was almost going to switch to POR or BWI due decided against it b/c of the complains I was hearing about the walk to and from the LM section but I'm glad I didn't. We are only there for 1 night and I am so excited to see this resort!

Thanks so much!!! You've only confirmed what I've been saying since Dec. The walk from the LM rooms is not that bad. You want bad??? Stay at BW someday and get an end of the building room!!! Now, that's a hike. Or at Kidani....better bring food with you in case you walk slowly!!
I also loved the walk through the Lion King section. It is just wonderful. And the food court is no different than any other value food court. It is what it is!!
I can't wait to get back there for our last two nights at WDW in early June. My dd is going to love it there!!!

Hi. Our section of building 7 was the closest to the Lion King building. From our room, it was a very peaceful view of the lake and of Pop Century. Two days before we left, a cart was set up right outside of the main gate for the Little Mermaid pool. It was selling coffee, water, muffins, and bagels. There was no sign of any soda machine, though.

The towels really weren't too bad. They were thin, but ok for the purpose. If anything, they were more rough than thin.

Thanks so much!!! You've only confirmed what I've been saying since Dec. The walk from the LM rooms is not that bad. You want bad??? Stay at BW someday and get an end of the building room!!! Now, that's a hike. Or at Kidani....better bring food with you in case you walk slowly!!
I also loved the walk through the Lion King section. It is just wonderful. And the food court is no different than any other value food court. It is what it is!!
I can't wait to get back there for our last two nights at WDW in early June. My dd is going to love it there!!!

I agree! Animal Kingdom Lodge was one of the resorts where we had dinner, and we couldn't believe how far the walk was there!!

Thanks for the gret trip report of AoA. I have really wanted to try it and reading this makes me feel a lot more excited about staying there. Im glad your family had a good time and thats great the walk did not bother you. Thanks again!

-FantasiaMagic pixiedust:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter