• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back--any questions about Dollar Rent a Car?

LucyStorm

Has a love affair with the monorail
I would be happy to answer. They ran out of compacts so I ended up with a Grand Caravan for $118/ week.

WOW! I want that! All of the vans for when we are going are running about $600.00. I think that is alittle bit much. Did you have any problems with Dollar? They have the best rates that I have looked at lately. Thanks!

I arrived at 11:30 on a Thursday night. I had to stand in line for quite a while, but I have to say that the Dollar staff was very courteous and helpful! When she told me no compacts, she immediately said "but I can give you a Grand caravan at the same rate if you'd like". I took her up on it! I got the rate at their internet site. The only complaint that I would have about Dollar is that if you don't want to pay a $25 refueling charge, you have to fill up within 10 miles of the airport and bring them a receipt. Now not being from the area, and not knowing where the gas stations were or just how far I was from the airport, I filled up 13 miles from the airport, and they let me slide. The process to check back in was simple and quick. I would rent from them again in a heartbeat!

LucyStorm,
I remember that policy from when we rented from Dollar two years ago. I posed that question earlier this month on this board and no one has heard of the local gas purchase requirement. The policy does kinda put you on the spot, If you don't live there. The service from Dollar was great but I thought that the policy was unfair to outsiders. Just my 2 cents. Glad to see that you got a better vehicle for the compact price .. Good for you..:)

If you are renting from Dollar I highly recommend that you join their Fastlane program. It's free to join and you by-pass the waiting line and let them know in advance the options you want or do NOT want. No hassle at all and you're out of there in a few minutes. Also, if you are aged 50+ they have a Silver Club with discounts and it also allows you to list more than one driver at no add'l charge. I always rent with the agency who gives us the cheapest price and 9 times out of 10 it's Dollar.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter