• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back any questions? 3 day wonder

Friday 1/6 at Nassau was mid 70's, sunny in the AM and a little drizzly in the afternoon. Sat. at Castaway was a little chilly, low 70's I had on a light jacket, but I am from Florida. Others were swimming and soaking up the sun. Getting off the ship at Pt. Canaveral was freezing, so it was definately warmer at the islands.

Good to know. How were people dressed on the ship in the evening as far as weather goes - were windbreakers or sweaters necessary? I've only cruised in Aug and Oct before, so I'm wondering how to pack. Thanks for your help. :sunny:

Most of the evening activities were indoors so jackets weren't needed. At the pirate night deck party some people were wearing light jackets. I would definately pack a few warmer clothes or jackets..... you just never know.

We will be on the 3 day Wonder staring Feb 2nd. Is there a buffet during dinners. Wanted to know since we are going with 2 boys ages 4 & 2 so its possible they are cranky and we may have to eat in (ofcourse giving the servers advance notice so they dont lose their tips) !!
Also what night is the Pirates party on 3 day ??
TIA
Ash

dabsjad said:
We will be on the 3 day Wonder staring Feb 2nd. Is there a buffet during dinners. Wanted to know since we are going with 2 boys ages 4 & 2 so its possible they are cranky and we may have to eat in (ofcourse giving the servers advance notice so they dont lose their tips) !!
Also what night is the Pirates party on 3 day ??
TIA
Ash
Pirate night was Friday after the day in Nassau. I always went to dinner so I'm not sure about a buffet, but there is alsways room service at anytime and pizza and burgers. I think they also have some kids programs that serve dinner if you need some adult time

There was no buffet during dinner on the Wonder. We had a problem with our son not cooperating during dinner. We made it through but our only other option would be to order room service or get pizza or hot dogs up on deck.

I think I have read before that there is a buffet during dinner on the Magic. But someone else would have to confirm that.

did you went to Palo?

As we are going on 3 days wonder Cruise in April as our first time as we don't know whether to book Palo or not? :confused3

Scottishwee35

Yes the Magic has a buffet dinner, but not every night. I dont think they had it the first and the last nights.

Who was playing in the Promenade Lounge?
Was it still High Society or Don and Tommie?
Thanks,
mom x4,grandma x4

I can answer that... as I was on the cruise Jan. 2-5...

The last night in the Promenade Lounge it was Ben & Dana (I just consulted the Navigator that I saved), we walked by one other time and it was karaoke. Unfortunately we didn't get to enjoy much of this sort of thing as our young son was not cooperating. Looked like fun though.

One night after dinner we did get to sit in the Cadillac Lounge and listen to Devin Gilbert on piano. He was good!

Yes thanks TNTcruise, I was trying to find out what movies are playing in the buena vista theater and on the stateroom television, but can't seem to find that anywhere.

Do you remember what was playing? We leave on Jan 19th for our cruise on the Wonder and are trying to plan ahead. Appreciate your input. :earsboy:

mikiclements said:
Yes thanks TNTcruise, I was trying to find out what movies are playing in the buena vista theater and on the stateroom television, but can't seem to find that anywhere.

Do you remember what was playing? We leave on Jan 19th for our cruise on the Wonder and are trying to plan ahead. Appreciate your input. :earsboy:

Stateroom movies
The Perfect Man - Cinderella Man -Christmas with the Kranks
Curse of the Were-Rabbit (Wallce and Grommit) - THe Polar Express
Charlie and the Chocolate Factory

Theatre
Narnia, Sky High, Valiant, Chicken Little, Flight Plan

I have booked the Dolphin encounter via DCL for the 2nd Feb 3 day Wonder(Nassau day). On my ressie the time is listed as 9:15 - 1:30 pm. Until what time is lunch served on the ship. I am wondering if I should take sandwiches along or just have some stuff packed for the kids and we can have lunch on the ship. I understand the ship leaves really late from Nassau so we will still have some time to stroll the straw market etc. It will be good if we can let the boys(4 & 2 yrs)
take a 2 hr nap that will leave us to visit Nassau town at 4 pm ..Is this doable..What time is everyone expected to be back on the ship. We have a late dinner seating so we will not be rushed for that !
TIA
Ash

dabsjad said:
I have booked the Dolphin encounter via DCL for the 2nd Feb 3 day Wonder(Nassau day). On my ressie the time is listed as 9:15 - 1:30 pm. Until what time is lunch served on the ship. I am wondering if I should take sandwiches along or just have some stuff packed for the kids and we can have lunch on the ship. I understand the ship leaves really late from Nassau so we will still have some time to stroll the straw market etc. It will be good if we can let the boys(4 & 2 yrs)
take a 2 hr nap that will leave us to visit Nassau town at 4 pm ..Is this doable..What time is everyone expected to be back on the ship. We have a late dinner seating so we will not be rushed for that !
TIA
Ash
Triton's Lunch 12-1:30
Beach Blanket Buffet 12-2:00
Pluto Dog house 11am-12am (Burgers, dogs, chicken fingers, etc.)
Don't forget room service anytime

This is also Golden Mickeys nite, try to sneak in the show if you can.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter