Just back and what a day!!

weslovesauntmeg

Mouseketeer
Me and my family went on Wednesday to Disneyland for my mom's birthday :bday: and were there from open to close..what a day!!

Crowds were not bad at all..I think the most we waited was for nemo and that was around 30-40 minutes at around 1:00-1:30..other than that it was usually 20 minutes or less..

Weather was beautiful...cool in the morning and night..but during the day it was amazing..gotta love SC weather..can't complain..

The most amazing thing out of the entire day was that me and my younger sister were one away from winning the dream suite...:eek: we were coming out of the exit of peter pan a little after 9:30..and I read on the boards earlier this week that Fantasyland was the hot spot for any dreams..but I never thought that I would be one away from winning the coveted dream suite..anyways needless to say..my older sister, who is also on the boards, and I were pretty bummed..while my parents were like :confused3 ??? As we tried to explain..still as I think about it I'm kinda bummed..

As we headed past reindeer roundup on our way to Thunder Mountain..I see a bunch of people with dream fastpasses..and since this was my last visit for 2008 i wanted to at least win something today..so I asked one of the people who received them, where they got them..and they said right near the bridge..so I go down a ways and who do I see coming towards us but the dream team and what do they have..nothing..nadda..they had just given out the last ones..missed again by like 5 minutes..so by this point I was kind mad :mad: but then I realized I'm at the Happiest Place on Earth (obviously not being to happy) with the people I love around me..a quick trip on pirate: Pirates cleared that all up and I was fine...

Oh yeah.I forgot the fireworks got canceled again..I probably wouldn't be too mad..but the last three times I've gone particularly to see the fireworks..all three times they've been canceled..we did get to enjoy the snoap..as I call it..you know snow and soap mixed together..anyways...it was a long tiring day, we which i wasn't too excited to get up at six today to go to school..

I keep remembering things..as we waited for the tram right after the snow..you all know how fun that is..people were tired and cranky..so all eight of us make it in and then from nowhere this lady starts screaming at these young men in front of us, who ran in front of these families who had been waiting like us, how they cut and they should be ashamed..and then proceeds to get one of the CM and he then tells the young men that they need to get off..and go to the back of the line..they make a few comments and then the CM asks them "You want to get off or would you like me to call Security??" That got them moving and then the lady and her husband and another family proceed to board..kinda a bummer to a long day..basically the one thing I wish Disney could control better..I'm officially done..I keep adding things..but that's it..

Nevertheless...I did enjoy being with my family :grouphug: and certain parts of the day..hope you enjoy my mini TR...have a great day and Merry Christmas!!:santa:

Oh, so close to the dreams!

You know, I just realized that the YOMD is ending, but they are likely still giving little things out by mail. I plan to start mailing postcards again starting tomorrow until the end of the year, you can read about how to do that here.

Hmmmm.. Emmers won the dream suite on a Wednesday (last Wednesday) and her DD won exiting Peter Pan at around 9:30am too..

I see a pattern...

A little too late now, I guess.

I'm on board with the Fantasyland dream pattern. We were there on Tuesday the 9th, exiting Pinocchio at about 9:30-9:45-ish, and just as we get to the exit of the ride there are 2 dream teamers-I was ready to just walk by them but they stopped me (luckily!) and said we'd won pins and lanyards. I was pretty excited about that until I got back and read about Emmers winning the dream suite!

Seriously, though, it was our last day of an incredible trip (I'll be updating my trip report this weekend, I hope, if I get my Christmas cards done!) and a really fun memory. My parents and husband had no idea what the YOMD even was, so it was fun to explain it to them. I've been 3 times to DL and WDW during this long promotion and never gotten anything so this was just icing on the cake. Now, however, I'm worried that pin collecting (never trading-how could I give them up?) is on the horizon and know that could be a very expensive little souveneir habit to start!

So I guess the pattern is Fantasyland before 10 am, huh?

I'm on board with the Fantasyland dream pattern. We were there on Tuesday the 9th, exiting Pinocchio at about 9:30-9:45-ish, and just as we get to the exit of the ride there are 2 dream teamers-I was ready to just walk by them but they stopped me (luckily!) and said we'd won pins and lanyards. I was pretty excited about that until I got back and read about Emmers winning the dream suite!

Seriously, though, it was our last day of an incredible trip (I'll be updating my trip report this weekend, I hope, if I get my Christmas cards done!) and a really fun memory. My parents and husband had no idea what the YOMD even was, so it was fun to explain it to them. I've been 3 times to DL and WDW during this long promotion and never gotten anything so this was just icing on the cake. Now, however, I'm worried that pin collecting (never trading-how could I give them up?) is on the horizon and know that could be a very expensive little souveneir habit to start!

You trade them because there are pins that you can only get by trading....and yes, it is quite the $$ little venture!!

BTW congratulations!!!!! :) We won FP's but only once.....

Oh, so close to the dreams!

You know, I just realized that the YOMD is ending, but they are likely still giving little things out by mail. I plan to start mailing postcards again starting tomorrow until the end of the year, you can read about how to do that here.

I know..so close yet so far away!!

Hmmmm.. Emmers won the dream suite on a Wednesday (last Wednesday) and her DD won exiting Peter Pan at around 9:30am too..

I see a pattern...

I agree..this isn't the first time we've spotted them around 9:30..almost every time we go to Disneyland and are in Fantasyland around that time..we spot them..

Why in heavens name do they cancel the fireworks ??

I ask myself the same question every time :confused3 ..maybe just once..I'll get to see them all the way through!!

I've been 3 times to DL and WDW during this long promotion and never gotten anything so this was just icing on the cake.

:cool1: Yeah!! Isn't so exciting?? I've won dream fastpasses at least three other times so I wasn't that disappointed..but I wanted my family to experience the fun in winning them..

Yep..so all those who are going before the year ends..be on the look out!!

I have to remember to go on Peter Pan! I like that ride anyway, but it's one we usually skip because my friends scoff at it as being "just for kids." Plus, the line is always long. But it seems like I recall someone else saying they got dreamed when they exited Peter Pan, too, though it may not have been the Dream Suite. I think it was another prize. So that seems to be the place to go - Peter Pan, in the morning!

I have to remember to go on Peter Pan! I like that ride anyway, but it's one we usually skip because my friends scoff at it as being "just for kids." Plus, the line is always long. But it seems like I recall someone else saying they got dreamed when they exited Peter Pan, too, though it may not have been the Dream Suite. I think it was another prize. So that seems to be the place to go - Peter Pan, in the morning!

Just for kids??? What is wrong with your friends Sherry? ;) :lmao:

I can not wait till the Dreams deal is over!!!!!!!!!!!

People go to the happiest place on earth and get so anger!!
I KNOW IT IS HUMAN NATURE! But why would disney trade on that??

We want be Happy at the happiest place on earth! Why must we played so it angers and make us so sad??

I fear the new deal Get in FREE on your Bday is going to spawn more Sadness!

Just for kids??? What is wrong with your friends Sherry? ;) :lmao:

:sad2: I ask myself that all the time!!! :lmao: What's wrong with them? :rotfl: The ONLY problem I have with the so-called "kids' rides" is that they are too short! Otherwise, I love Peter Pan, I love Dumbo, I love Alice, I love Pooh, I love Mr. Toad - all of them! I always really liked Peter Pan, but when my friend grumbled and said, "We don't have to go on those kid rides anymore, do we?" I didn't push the issue! But when I remind her next week that the Dream Squad hangs out there and we have won nothing, maybe she will agree to go on it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter