Just Back And Very Disappointed....

psumomluvswdw

Me & G are Disney Fanatics!!
with mousekeeping at POP. We just returned on Monday from my son's first trip and everything was wonderful except for the cleanliness of our room. When we arrived at our room it was late and I was not feeling well so I went to the bathroom and as I was in there I noticed hair on the shower that could not have possibly been anyone in my familys' which toally grossed me out, and when I told my DH he told me to wait until the morning. After our first night I had to call and request the bathroom be cleaned and clean sheets, and when we returned at midnight it had not been done so I had to call and have them deliver the sheets and then changed them myself, I then had to wipe down the bathroom myself. As I was changing the sheets I noticed that the mattress pad had a huge urine stain on it! I almost lost it!!! I am in no way a clean freak, but when so many people use a hotel room I do not think it is unreasonable to request it be cleaned properly. Has anyone else had this problem there? It was a nice resort and my son definately liked it but I can't get over the cleaning!

On a positve note my DS had a wonderful time, the characters scared him a little, but not too bad. He really enjoyed the Hippy Dippy Pool and the Kiddy Pool. As soon as he saw it he wanted in. We also took him to Typhoon Lagoon and he had a wonderful time there also. After awhile he knew that the WHOOSH sound was the big wave coming. We went to MBYBBQ and it was definately worth going. It is such a pleasant experience with the music and the characters, the food was good, picnic style.

I have never had a bad time there and I have stayed at the resort twice. I am glad that you did have a good trip.

I know how disappointed you must have been. I had the same thing happen to me at CSR it was very upsetting. The important thing is you still had a good time.

I'm so sorry too! I had the same experience last year. We got in at around midnight with two sleepy kids and just flopped into bed. In the morning I near to freaked out at the stained sheets and grubby blankets. We had only two nights there and then moved on, but it was a yucky way to start our trip. I'm glad you still had a good trip. Disney magic can even erase stained sheets, I guess!

And my Mom thinks I am weird cause I want to pack my own fitted sheet and down comforter!

Don't feel bad we had mousekeeping issues at the GF this summer. So much so that DH swears he'll never go back there (I hope he changes his mind) and he used to love the GF. Disney really needs to step up to the plate - whether you stay deluxe or value at a minimum everyone deserves a clean room.

We just got back from Pop on Sat. and didn't have a problem. In fact, we walked in on mousekeeping twice as they were changing the sheets and everything was just fine. I did have to call for extra towels since the kids kept using them for the pool. And the first night I called around midnight for extra pillows and they were there within 5 minutes.

Sorry you had that experience but hopefully, it's not the norm. For our first trip to WDW, we were pleased with the resort.

Dont they do a regular cleaning of each room each day? I wouldnt think that you would have to specifically request a bathroom to be cleaned. I thought they cleaned the bath, made the bed, used the sweeper on the floor, replaced towels, toiletries, etc. each day. Guess I will have to watch carefully each day when we arrive in Nov. I would just die to see old urine stains on anything I was coming in contact with. Glad your son had a great trip!!

blessedby3 said:
Dont they do a regular cleaning of each room each day? I wouldnt think that you would have to specifically request a bathroom to be cleaned. I thought they cleaned the bath, made the bed, used the sweeper on the floor, replaced towels, toiletries, etc. each day. Guess I will have to watch carefully each day when we arrive in Nov. I would just die to see old urine stains on anything I was coming in contact with. Glad your son had a great trip!!

I think that the minumum that they do is not as much as we would think. I went to ASMo, ASsp, WLx2. I could memorize the location of an obviously located hair in the bathroom, and track it's movement (or lack of) for our entire stay. It happened at every hotel EXCEPT the second stay at WL. I have heard that the mousekeepers are only given a certain time allowance to do the rooms. For the amount of things they do, I am guessing that time allowance is not quite sufficient.

Beth

Speaking as an "old" housekeeping manager, for the Marriott, it is an issue of time. I know that we use to do a daily cleaning, but due to the short time in which to do everything, the General Manager, eliminated alot of the tasks. I would definately check the mattress pads.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter