Just back and the one major thing I learned....

HuskerFaninIL

DIS Veteran
"your butt doesnt come equipt with brake lights"

People stopping in the middle of walkways, could drive me to drink. You're walking along at a good clip and then WHAMO the person/people in front of you stop for no reason. Then give you a disgusted look if you dared to get to close to them.

I hope these willy nilly stopping folks dont do that in their cars :D

Trip was amazing, I just found this crazy stoppers to be a bit annoying!

Especially when they are walking four to six abreast. Drives me nuts, and happens at many different venues, not just WDW.

I really think the issue I see with SO many of these threads is the same. I'm talking about the stroller threads, the ECV threads, the bus threads, the "rude guest" threads............ They all go back to one problem. The parks are more packed than ever. Even the times that used to be reasonable crowd levels are far busier than ever before. That changes they dynamic substantially. When the walkways are packed, it's too hard to easily maneuver around whatever issue is at hand.

FWIW.......... OP that drove me nuts on our last trip too. Too many people trying to walk while looking DOWN at a phone.

Yanks my chain too!
As we pass by I will loudly say, please move to the side, the walkways need to remain clear, thank you.
Majority of people, look up, have no clue who said it and start moving over.
Others just give me a dirty look and I point back (2 fingers) and say traffic jam behind you. They look and then I am gone.

Another one is people cutting off the strollers and ECV's. People if you stay in a line, the object creating the block would actually be able to move thus creating you a path to walk. (sorta like parting of the seas ) People with the stroller or ECV someone from your party needs to walk in front of you so that person is your buffer to the people that insist on walking against the crowd.

Haven't figured out how to politely ask the photopass photographers to MOVE IT! :goodvibes

I really think the issue I see with SO many of these threads is the same. I'm talking about the stroller threads, the ECV threads, the bus threads, the "rude guest" threads............ They all go back to one problem. The parks are more packed than ever. Even the times that used to be reasonable crowd levels are far busier than ever before. That changes they dynamic substantially. When the walkways are packed, it's too hard to easily maneuver around whatever issue is at hand.

FWIW.......... OP that drove me nuts on our last trip too. Too many people trying to walk while looking DOWN at a phone.

You know I tend to agree with you about the crowded parks. If September was dead, then I don't ever want to go any other time. The parks were manageable but there were people everywhere. We did have a really dead afternoon at AK and that was fab.

I'm with ya HuskerFan. Hard for me to stop on a dime like that when someone right in front of me does that. I'd forgotten what an issue that was. Last time I was there, I was pushing a doublewide stroller -- was hard to make that thing stop too.

You know I tend to agree with you about the crowded parks. If September was dead, then I don't ever want to go any other time. The parks were manageable but there were people everywhere. We did have a really dead afternoon at AK and that was fab.

I agree... the common areas and our resort seemed crowded and packed with people, however we still found the ride wait times to be walk on or at least reasonable (20 mins or less).

And I HATE the people who are not aware of their surroundings! Stopping while walking, letting their child get in the stroller in front of the bus door, getting stuff out of their bag in front of the store doors/cash register, etc etc. PULL OVER!

I know people complain about this at Disney, but it's true everywhere. Music festivals, city streets, malls, etc.

I know it is difficult when it is crowded, but if you don't follow too closely you will have time to stop. This can be almost impossible when others see a few feet between you and the person you are following and fill it in. This happens to me all the time in my car. I hate being tailgated and leave a safe distance between me and the car in front of me. Unfortunately that often times results in people pulling out in front of me causing a dangerous situation in itself. As is the case with many of the complaints about Disney, patience would go a long ways towards alleviating this "problem".

When an entire family stops dead in the middle of a walkway, we call it a "Fam-Jam"! We are very careful to NOT be one of those families. We also give out a warning yell to others in our group if we are approaching a Fam-Jam.

They all go back to one problem. The parks are more packed than ever. Even the times that used to be reasonable crowd levels are far busier than ever before.

Careful about complaining about this (not that you did mom2rtk, but to anyone that might) because there is really only one solution to this problem:

A higher pricing point.

It's simple supply and demand. Raise the price and less people will buy... and you may still make the same amount of money. I'm betting that Disney is probably on this path anyways because they will probably lose their high end business due to overcrowding before they'd lose their low end.

I always wonder where these people are from. I want to live in this mythical town where the sidewalks are all deserted and one can stop wherever one chooses with no consequences.

Sometimes people get turned around and need to consult the map or their phone or whatever, and that's fine... but when you need to stop, move to the side of the walkway, people! Problem solved!

While The Stoppers (as we call them) are a problem, I've realized that it's very difficult to criticize because you don't know if you've been one of them. Or someone similar. I highly doubt any of us does everything perfectly at Disney World. I know I have veered into someone else's path unintentionally. And I know people will think my husband is crazy for walking along, slowing down and looking UP at a bird trying to figure out what it is. And I know we'll be causing people frustration when we have the grandkids with us in January since they won't realize what is behind them, they will just be happy to be at Disney World.

I think we should all take a step back and look at ourselves every once in a while before we start complaining about others.

While The Stoppers (as we call them) are a problem, I've realized that it's very difficult to criticize because you don't know if you've been one of them. Or someone similar. I highly doubt any of us does everything perfectly at Disney World. I know I have veered into someone else's path unintentionally. And I know people will think my husband is crazy for walking along, slowing down and looking UP at a bird trying to figure out what it is. And I know we'll be causing people frustration when we have the grandkids with us in January since they won't realize what is behind them, they will just be happy to be at Disney World.

I think we should all take a step back and look at ourselves every once in a while before we start complaining about others.

I agree 100%. I'm sure most of us try not to do these things, but everybody's mind wanders sometimes.

At times like this, I repeat my mantra (freely stolen from Mike Meyers):

"I'm a kitten...you're a kitten."

It always makes me smile. :)

I always wonder where these people are from. I want to live in this mythical town where the sidewalks are all deserted and one can stop wherever one chooses with no consequences.

Sometimes people get turned around and need to consult the map or their phone or whatever, and that's fine... but when you need to stop, move to the side of the walkway, people! Problem solved!

I think that all of these people go to Costco on the weekend and wander around. The main difference I see is at Disney they are armed with strollers instead of flat bed carts...

My favourite: the guy who stopped mid-way through the turnstile to take a phone call

OMG! Love it! Am cracking up laughing! It's funny now...not then. :rotfl2:

I too have been the victim of these people countless times. I am always moving out of the way or pulling off to the side. In fact, sometimes I feel like a recording when speaking to my kids, constantly saying things like, "Move over!" or "Get out of (this person's) way!"
It's hot, crowded and people are tired/cranky whatever...have some consideration for the thousands (exagerating) of people coming up behind you!!!
Another thing-please walk on the right just like we drive!!!!! :goodvibes

I'd have to guess that they are from places where people don't use the sidewalks much. Or at least they don't and are unfamiliar with their use.

My dad taught us directions, map reading, moving off to the side when stopping, walking behind one another more than across. He was terrific, and he and mom did a great job guiding us 5 girls. I guess the polite-organized gene passed along to my DD. She could really be a traffic cop or drill Sgt.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter