JUST back and the most useful tip was...

Okay I guess I know where I am going this week! I have to get one of those for our trip. I am assuming that the Dollar Tree that you are all talking about should be the same as what we have here-Everything for a Dollar. I will let you know!!

Yes, it's the one where everything's a dollar. One of my favorite stores. The other is Target.

Thanks for the tip. I bought one this weekend. I also can't stand clutter everywhere.

My best tips, other than the shoe bag one, would be:

1) disposable dishcloths to wash mugs, sippy cups, etc. everyday.
2) clippy clothes pins to close chip bags, curtains, etc.
3) nightlights - invaluable!!

Yes, nightlights! I got mine, 2 for $1.00, where else? Dollar Tree!

Originally posted by insmom
specialK- I like your idea on getting the tip envelopes ready at home. I am trying to be so organized about this trip so anything to help me with that is great:Pinkbounc

How much do you suggest to tip? Do you tip everyday or at the end of the trip? :wave:

Hi:wave:
I'm not specialK, but maybe I can help answer your questions.:D

We tip every day, as you may not always have the same housekeeper. The usual, or at least what we do since reading it here years ago, is $1/person/day.

Here is a link to some cute "mousekeeping" envelopes, that we print out and fill before we leave.

http://users.adelphia.net/~heidiw/

One less thing to think about! It's so easy each day to just pull out an envelope and place on your pillow, table, wherever.

Hope this helps! Have a fun trip!

Debbie:earsgirl:

I agree with the nightlight post. I take the Glade Plugin Nightlight, so it can make the room smell better, too! ;)

Thanks CDoobee!! I have just printed enough envelopes for mousekeeping for our trip. That is such a great idea. I also like the clothes pin one. No matter how tight you shut your shade in a hotel there is always that little bit that stays open:smooth:

I like the idea of the nightlight. Not knowing where I am going at night I would probally be the one stubbing my toe:crazy: Does mousekeeping leave those alone?

Mousekeeping (or any housekeeping at any hotel) has never bothered our nightlights. I buy the cheap ones, too, then if we do forget them, it's no biggee.

Just got back on the 30th and LOVED IT!!! Cant wait to go back :Pinkbounc The most helpful thing I can think of is not to OVERPACK. Those bags get heavy and then you end up buying so much stuff, atleast we did, and then you have to worry about bringing it home. :flower1:

CDoobee said:
Hi:wave:
I'm not specialK, but maybe I can help answer your questions.:D

We tip every day, as you may not always have the same housekeeper. The usual, or at least what we do since reading it here years ago, is $1/person/day.

Here is a link to some cute "mousekeeping" envelopes, that we print out and fill before we leave.

http://users.adelphia.net/~heidiw/

One less thing to think about! It's so easy each day to just pull out an envelope and place on your pillow, table, wherever.

Hope this helps! Have a fun trip!

Debbie:earsgirl:
Thank you very much for this link! I loved it!

I really like the shoe bag idea. We buy one (or more) of the net bags at Walmart. I think they're really laundry bags. Anyhow - that's what we pack snacks etc in for the day at Disney. Then we can throw it up on the security table, they flip it around but don't need to paw through it. The shoe bags would make this even more organized. It sounds like a wonderful idea for a diaper bag, too.
Thanks!

Great tip with the shoe bag! I'll be off to Dollar Tree tomorrow.

ONe tip I have for if you are driving....We have a mesh laundry hamper type thing. It has plastic tubing so it will stand up or fold flat. We stay at Fort Wilderness Cabins so I pack our clean clothes in it and then after we get there use it for our dirty clothes. So you dont have to repack dirty clothes...ugh...and it is very "squishable" for packing in the car.

Also when we stay at POR or another place without a lot of counter space I take a small plastic basket. (usually 2 for a dollar at DT! :earboy2: ) and put all the little things in it to keep them in one place and out of the way.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter