Just Back! And the magic is definitely...

OP - How did you find the double stroller in respect to taking the boat (from WL) to MK?

We were there the same time as you. Having gone in Sept for the last 10 years, it was very crowded for this time of year. It seems to get more crowded every year we go. I read on another post that people felt that it was due to the opening of Little Mermaid rooms at AOA, free dining, and the fact that southern schools had been in session for 1 month people felt comfortable taking their kids out of school. I was actually surprised at how crowded it was we went to Epcot EMH and decided at 10 to head over the HS to get fast passes for TSM. The time at 10:30 for return was already 4:30.

There are also 3 counties in GA that were on Fall Break last week and a lot of them take that opportunity to go to Disney.

I am glad your family had a magical time. It really is just about the little magical things that happen naturally that really make the trip special. Our families best memories are the ones that were not planned, they just happened.

OP - How did you find the double stroller in respect to taking the boat (from WL) to MK?

Not, the OP, but we stayed at WL last year, had a double stroller, and used the boat to go to and from the MK three days of our trip. Getting it on and off the boat isn't an issue at all. Some of the boats (the "big" ones) you cna just wheel the stroller right on. If you get a smaller boat, you just fold it up real quick and carry it on instead. Traveling by boat was so convenient. Loved it!

OP, glad you had such a magical trip!

We just returned from a 9/18-9/24 trip which was wonderful. WE stayed at AKL Jambo House for 3 nights and then moved to Kidani Village where our DS, DDiL, and 2 DGS joined us. This was their first stay at Kidani and they loved it. I can't believe that people get upset about napkins when Disney does so much more in other areas to create magic. The attention to detail at both ALK resorts is outstanding. The wonderful African decor, art work, music, cultural exchange CMs, landscaping makes a stay there a delightful experience. For those who whine about napkins, you should consider that Disney goes out of the way to provide custom carpets, bedspreads, and other decor for its guests. Our DGS loved looking for the hidden Mickeys in the carpets as we walked down the hall or when we were i our rooms. The children's splash area at the pool also has an African theme and it surrounded by beautiful vegetation. The sidewalk even has imprints of various leaves to make your walk from the bus stop more interesting. If they wanted to save money they could skip these and the many other amazing touches throughout the other resorts and parks. It would certainly be cheaper to have a plain generic carpet next to the elevators instead of one that is a giraffe print. We've stayed in a number of the resorts and have seen the same attention to detail in so many things. We love and appreciate it. To top it off we were able to watch African animals from our verandah. Napkins? Nowhere near being a concern.

As far as the hospitality is concerned we received excellent service in all areas. We especially appreciate the friendliness an attention that was given to our two DGS.

We are all looking forward to our next trip!

Thanks for posting your review. DW and I are heading down for our anual Oct trip and cant wait!

No, no, no! You've got it all wrong. Quality is declining. There's roaches and rats as far as the eye can see. The magic is gone. Napkins are generic, buns are dry, and Disney's only goal is to inconvenience you and ruin your vacation. :lmao:

Seriously, though, I'm glad you had a wonderful time!

I'm going to be going with just my husband in December, too, and I can't wait. It's fun to do it with kids, but I think it'll be a whole other kind of special to do it with just my sweetie. :cloud9:

Generic napkins? Haha! And cardboard plates, SO tacky! Lol! I'm glad you had a wonderful trip! I can't wait to go back!

Can someone please explain to me how napkins without Disney imprinted on them can ruin your trip...goodness. I only get to go once every few years, I'm hardly going to let napkins ruin my trip...that's just silly. :rotfl:

OP, glad you had an amazing time, a vacation is truly what you make it to be!!!

If you saw a little toddler with a mass of red feathers in her hair (looked like a dodo bird as Alice said) or a the same toddler running through Epcot in the rain without a shirt (and only frilly bloomers on) that was us :) I had to ease up on my OCD-ness with the rain and just let them have fun!

ejrj said:

We have a joovy caboose ultralight (a sit and stand basically) and it was easy. Almost every other family had a double :) if the big boat came we didn't even have to fold it...that was about 60% of the time. We felt it was easier than the buses in someways

So glad you had such a magical vacation!! Reading your post actually made me a bit teary, thinking how magical it is for kids. I'm so excited for my DD4 to actually remember her visit this time :goodvibes It will be like her first trip in a way.

We'll also be at FWL with two young children. Aside from the campfire (which didn't have reservations available), any recommendations to do or see around the lodge? How was the pool? Did you walk around the area much?

So glad you had such a magical vacation!! Reading your post actually made me a bit teary, thinking how magical it is for kids. I'm so excited for my DD4 to actually remember her visit this time :goodvibes It will be like her first trip in a way.

We'll also be at FWL with two young children. Aside from the campfire (which didn't have reservations available), any recommendations to do or see around the lodge? How was the pool? Did you walk around the area much?

You don't need reservations for the campfire--it's near the pool (behind the bike barn) and is held every night at 8 p.m. We got there at 7:30 p.m. We actually stayed at the Wilderness Lodge but spent a couple of hours walking around and looking at the horses--the pool area looked very nice and there is a playground near it. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice and not crowded at all! The campground is SO peaceful--it makes you feel like you are on vacation in the middle of nowhere!

You don't need reservations for the campfire--it's near the pool (behind the bike barn) and is held every night at 8 p.m. We got there at 7:30 p.m. We actually stayed at the Wilderness Lodge but spent a couple of hours walking around and looking at the horses--the pool area looked very nice and there is a playground near it. We didn't use the pool but it looked nice and not crowded at all! The campground is SO peaceful--it makes you feel like you are on vacation in the middle of nowhere!

Awesome! I wonder what I tried to get reservations for :confused3 We'll definitely do that - assuming we don't have a terrified 4yo. (she's excited about Minnie, but lukewarm about the other characters right now)
So glad to hear there's a playground nearby. That will be perfect for some down time.

BTW, we're at plain old WL also - I don't know why I insist on typing an "F" in front. Mental block! :upsidedow

Glad you had a good time, OP. My last trip in May was great too. Hoping my December one is just as spectacular.

Awesome! I wonder what I tried to get reservations for :confused3 We'll definitely do that - assuming we don't have a terrified 4yo. (she's excited about Minnie, but lukewarm about the other characters right now)
So glad to hear there's a playground nearby. That will be perfect for some down time.

BTW, we're at plain old WL also - I don't know why I insist on typing an "F" in front. Mental block! :upsidedow

Maybe you tried to get reservations for Mickey's backyard BBQ?? It's also at FW :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter