Just back and lots of Christmas pictures!

adctd2WDW

DIS Veteran
I will start with these from MVMCP...
DisneyNov2009068.jpg

DisneyNov2009074.jpg

DisneyNov2009092.jpg

DisneyNov2009110.jpg

DisneyNov2009115.jpg

DisneyNov2009131.jpg

DisneyNov2009138.jpg

And my new favorite Disney character is the toy soldier!

I loved your pictures and can't wait to go see for myself next month.:santa:

I do have a question regarding the extent to which the parks are decorated. I'm making a scrapbook for the friend I'm going with. There are pictures on the scrapbooking board that people share. I am trying to get many pictures ahead of time but really want the book to be about the trip with my friend. Are ride signs such as Pirates and Splash and Peter Pan decorated? There is one poster who has pictures of many of the signs and that would be a great start to my scrapbook.

Thank you

Thank you for the praise of my pictures, altho I know my camera is not very good.
Some signs for rides were decorated, however I did not take pictures of these. I was also disappointed that the resorts were not decorated yet.
My trip was very fun. I still believe there is no better time to go than at Christmas.
Here are more of my favorite pictures from this trip:
Inside Space Mountain. I was riding the TTA People Mover (this is the name according to the new spiel) and the wall inside Space was down and lights were on. Thought it was a unique picture even if it looked like a giant steel erector set.
DisneyNov2009219.jpg

Meeting Scrooge:
DisneyNov2009217.jpg

The Osbourne Family Spectacle of Lights:
DisneyNov2009173.jpg

A nice outdoor picture taken at the Wilderness Lodge:
DisneyNov2009182.jpg

Princess Tiana's Showboat Jubilee:
DisneyNov2009202.jpg

Lady Tremaine and myself:
DisneyNov2009215.jpg

I am in the process of downloading video to Photobucket. It takes forever!! This may sound crazy, but one of my favorite things to do at MVMCP is the dance parties. Lady Tremaine, Anastasia and Drucilla host a dance party in Fantasyland and Goofy is the host at Cosmic Ray's- with Pluto dancing in the audience. As a recovering alcoholic I no longer go to bars, but I love to dance. I miss this more than I thought because I could have danced all night at Cosmic Ray's. I know this is crazy, but I loved it. I have video of Pluto and I dancing together I will show when Photobucket gets done.
I want a club near home with Disney characters dancing the night away and no alcohol served. Am I officially insane?

Welcome back! It looks like you had a great trip, I love the decorations. I was down a couple weeks ago and the wall was still up in Space Mountain so I couldn't get any shots.

Oh wow :) Looks like you had fun :thumbsup2 Did you end up going alone or with someone? Thanks for the pictures by the way.

I went alone....... but I met a friend there. The person I was supposed to meet ended up being able to make it after all!!

I was not sure who was reading this.... I am glad I met this person. However, I was unable to get very much sleep. So sad.

Now, don't get any ideas. We talked a lot..

I was not sure who was reading this.... I am glad I met this person. However, I was unable to get very much sleep. So sad.

Now, don't get any ideas. We talked a lot..

How come I'm not allowed to get ideas????

Are you likely to want to see each other again?

Hematite- I am sure we will see each other again. Things went very well. And the best thing?? I have never dated anyone that was a Disney fan. No one has ever understood me. I have been to WDW with other men- including many times with my ex-husband. However, when I have cried during Wishes or a parade I have gotten strange looks and "What's wrong?"'s. This person understood me. And understood why when we watched Mickey's Once Upon a Christmastime parade from Frontierland I ran to Main Street to see it again. It was my last night at WDW and I couldn't get enough. I may be strange, but it was nice to be understood. Also understood why when I found a CD with music from Tapestry of Nations I clapped my hands and jumped up and down like a little kid. Am I weird? I guess. With so much strangeness why would I even consider dating a non-Disney fanatic in the future?

And, talking about odd... Here is video of me dancing with Pluto at the dance party at Cosmic Ray's. I could have stayed there all night, but I would have missed fireworks and the parade.

I will say, I did not know how to dance to Backstreet Boys and wish I had danced longer with Pluto. I am so silly. I got shy!

Here is a better video of Goofy. He was sooooo funny.

Sorry about the video quality, but these should get you dancing. I need a club like this in Houston!!

I'm glad you had a good time and that the relationship looks promising. I'll admit that when my DW and I got together, I couldn't understand why she wanted to go to Disney so much. But, now that I've been converted, I also understand why it's great that we can do it together.

OK, you've got me. What are the lights of winter?? And I thought I knew everything about Disney.....

Lights of Winter was an archway that covered the walkway between Future World and World Showcase at EPCOT. The lights "danced" to music. It will not be displayed this year.

93011974yPTlWQ_ph.jpg

Thank you, Mike. I remember that. It was so pretty. It is sad they won't be doing that again.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter