• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back and got the Disney blues already

LAH

Mouseketeer
We just returned from Disney late sunday night and I have the "blues" already! :(
We did a split stay between the Buena Vista Palace in Downtown Disney and POFQ. Both resorts were nice!
Weather was very warm most of the time except for Saturday which was very windy and in the 50's.
We went to Universal for the first time and a lot of the rides were down. That upset me a little bit. I did see and enjoy Fear Factor though.

Any questions feel free to ask!

Sorry! :flower3: I know how that feels - the vacation blues. Even though we now live within a 2 hour drive, we can't go over there all the time. We have to wait for vacations too, and I always feel blue when they end.

Chin up - start planning another trip! Even if it is far off, it will relieve some of the blues. ::yes::

Me too now is the time of the year I get itching to go away... summer and fall I am good tho... last few weeks I have been reading up on here again trip reports ect and I have the Disney itch again and started to bug to go even if it is only for 4 days I am there !!!

I am sorry-I know how you feel. :sad1: I had the Disney blues a week after we got back. It truly sunk in that we were no longer there and it kills me every time I see the WDW commercials now. The good news is that I have TWO trips planned for this year. :cool1:

I actually start getting that deep, pitted feeling in my gut the morning of check out day.
To be honest, I've never had the feeling anywhere else but Disney, most vacations I'm ready to get home, but not there. This forum helps with the blues, even if you're not ready to start planning your next trip, you can come on here and give feedback to help those that are.

That is the bad part of vacation, we leave for POR in 2 weeks and I am excited but don't want it to come because I know in the blink of an eye we will be back home. I KNOW I will have the blues too!!!! :sad1:

I told my husband last night that I'm ready to go back. He gave me a "look" and said "when do you want to go". I was all set to say NEXT MONTH but it wont be possible with our jobs and everything. Our one year anniv. is in April and we planned to go to Las Vegas but I'm thinking ditch Vegas to head back to DISNEY!!!! ::yes:: ::yes:: ::yes::

I know how you feel. I got back the 8th, and was blue for over a week. It did not help that my DGD kept saying that she wanted to go back to Disney. DH said to start planning another trip for next year...so I am not as moody. This is the first time that I was not happy to get home from a trip.

I've been so bummed since coming home from out trip over Thanksgiving that I've even found it painful to come to the DISboards knowing we won't be returning until Feb. '07 due to new jobs, etc. I'm just now able to log in. Haven't even done food & trip reports this time like I usually do. It seems like instead of getting burnt out on WDW I love it more and more all the time.

Welcome back but I know the feeling too well myself. I actually start getting depressed the day before our last day because I know it's our last day and really make the most of that day. It's amazing how fast our annual trip goes but I'm looking forward and counting down to the next!!!!

That's funny Nancyg56 because my DGS keeps asking to go back too!!! And he loved It's A Small World and every day, he sings the song at least once!!! Usually, I get the WDW Blues about 6 mos after returning and start planning for the next year BUT this year, we flew back to CT, got home, and the next day, I started researching our next trip. I want to go back for 2006 BUT most of the family wants to wait till Feb-March 2007. I don't know if I can wait that long!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well after reading this I'm already getting the "Missin'-WDW-Blues ! I knew how I felt last May when we got home, but I knew we were going back within a year to get a 2nd use of our AP. To me, the planning of my WDW vacation is almost as great as being there! Everyday I log on to the Dis and other sites and I slip into WDW vacation-land in my mind. It's a real stress relief. It's great having it all to look forward to. After this trip we won't be returning until our Grand-daughter is about 4, she's not quite 1 yet! so we have about 3-3 1/2 years. My DH really likes WDW but wants to do other vacations and in our business we can't get away too often, so we can really plan only 1 vacation a year. So now I'm getting depressed knowing it won't be long until we're there and back to the real world again! :guilty:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter