Just Back and Both Kids Have Strep Throat!

chiefmickeymouse

Sarcastic, silly and socially awkward
Just a warning to use that hand sanitizer, folks! We just got home and my son has a terrible cough. Turns out he has strep, so we took our daughter to the doctor...and what do you know, she has it too! Lovely!

Just a warning to use that hand sanitizer, folks! We just got home and my son has a terrible cough. Turns out he has strep, so we took our daughter to the doctor...and what do you know, she has it too! Lovely!

I hope they feel better soon and have a quick recovery!

There are "cooties" everywhere right now. :sick: My grandkids both had colds and then ear infections. :sad2: There's no getting around it, but yes, the hand sanitizer is a must...for adults too! Hope your little ones get better soon!:flower3:

My son was sick while at Disney (he got sick a couple days after we arrived) and DD and I came home with terrible head colds/cough. :headache:

So yeah, lots of germs floating around.

I live in DE, and there is a strain of strep running rampant around here too. It is everywhere, just not at Disney.

It isn't just disney.Strep is going around here in PA .9 kids out last week in DD's class with it.

I don't use hand sanitizer.

Soap and water are best.

Hand sanitizer kills all the bacteria on your hands (sounds good doesn't it) but your hands have good bacteria on them to kill the bad bacteria and now you just got rid of them also.

I may be tempted to use hand sanitizer if no soap and water are available and I know I just touched something gross.

I rarely get sick. I work with children and I have asthma. So I know I'm exposed to many germs. I also don't get the flu shot.

Sorry to hear they are both sick! But, I'd rather my son be sick when we get home than while on vacation, lol! We leave next week, so hoping all goes well. We always use hand sanitizer, probably too much. But, you can't stop and wash your hands all the time. Hope they feel better soon!

We have brought strep home from WDW before too....we usually bring something home. There are just so many people and germs down there that you are bound to come into contact with something. I agree with handwashing. We wash our hands a lot and use the sanitizer too. You just never get clean with the sanitizer. I like to be CLEAN and sanitized:)

OP - I'm so sorry your kids are sick. I hope they get better very soon. :flower3:

A friend who is a nurse suggested this - take small washcloths (like they sell in the baby section of stores), wet them with soap & water in the morning, put them in a large ziploc and use them when you can't get to running soap & water. Then, have another ziploc with you for the used washcloths. You only need to take a few since you can rinse, re-wet & re-soap them as the day goes on. We're going to try that this trip because we prefer to use as little hand sanitizer as possible.

I live in DE, and there is a strain of strep running rampant around here too. It is everywhere, just not at Disney.

Me too! Everyone at my work is sick. I work in a doctor's office so there are alot of patients coming in with it.

Hope your kiddos are feeling better soon!

I don't use hand sanitizer.

Soap and water are best.

Hand sanitizer kills all the bacteria on your hands (sounds good doesn't it) but your hands have good bacteria on them to kill the bad bacteria and now you just got rid of them also.

I may be tempted to use hand sanitizer if no soap and water are available and I know I just touched something gross.

I rarely get sick. I work with children and I have asthma. So I know I'm exposed to many germs. I also don't get the flu shot.

Soap is primarily dyes and perfumes. You're doing more to bake in the germs than wash them off. Strep is airborne so hand sanitizer will do little to prevent this. Just make sure you don't touch any unnecessary surfaces, handrails, walls, etc. Also, sanitize your hands immediately after passing through a turnstile, particularly after laying down your finger for the reader!

I hope everyone gets well soon. This is the time of the year that we see an increase in coughs, colds, strep etc. Change of seasons is now upon us but the need to handwash is always present.

It's Jersey Week this week isn't it? Just saying...

Cheers!

Max

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter