• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just back after 6 days--no green ribbons!

ptrbryant

DIS Veteran
Hey, guys!!!
I trudged around WDW for six consecutive days (Hooray!!!) with a really big lime green ribbon tied on the back of my backpack. Not only did no one comment on it, but I didn't see another green ribbon anywhere! Are you sure you're all wearing them!??!
Other than that, we had a GREAT time! This was our 2nd WDW trip and, like last May, we stayed at WL--perfect. Great character interaction at Hollywood & Vine and Chef Mickey's---though I have to agree with those who warned me about the food being less than great at Chef Mickey's.
Hmmm, time to plan the next trip soon!??!;)
Karla B.

we're headed down in just 8 hours (who's counting!??!) and you just reminded me to put on my ribbon. It might not be lime green, but it will be green, on a purple backpack!
Must go to sleep as it's almost time to leave!! yay!!

I will be leaving for WDW in just 2 days and a few hours! You just reminded me to get some ribbon. I will wear it on my Minnie ears. Those of you going next week, keep a lookout!

Mental Note: Go to craft store and buy lime green ribbon...

I'll see ya there. Six days for me.

Barb

ptrbryant,
I thought the same thing when we were there in July. Saw not one green ribbon in 6 days. The only person that recognized the green ribbon was a CM in Animal Kingdom. AND I even had proof that other DIS'ers were in WL the same time I was. Maybe instead of green ribbon, we should wear Big Green Hats;)

I suggested to DH that we would have lime green t-shirts printed with 'Do you DIS?'

On 2 trips to WDW we haveonly see one other person with a lime green ribbon.:confused:

Hoping to see more in March!:Pinkbounc

I must say that I never really notice ribbons unless they are worn on someone's front (preferably near the face)...

We met up with some DIS folk by plan. After a while looking at the ribbon on her pack it I finaly figured out what it was.

LOL You see, I don't see it even when I see it.

Hey SCMinnie,

We'll be there in March and it looks like about the same time you will be there. I'll get some ribbon and put it on my clear backpack with denim straps.:tongue:

Okay, I have to ask... What's the deal with the green/lime ribbon? Does wearing one mean that you are a DVC member, a Disney fan, or else? I am not a DVC member, but I certainly am a DIS fan... I guess that I'll have to get myself a green ribbon before my 8th time at WDW in three weeks!

Can't wait to be there again! :)

Wearing a lime green ribbon means that you are a member of the DIS. That way other members can spot you in the parks, resorts and etc. Then you can strike up a conversation and get to know fellow members.

jenjenmouse- I will have ribbon on my fanny pack as well as DH's pack. I usually put one on DD too:p . Hope to see you there!!!

We were there last Sept. I had green ribbon on my backpack and one on each stroller. I didnt see any other Disers and I guess none saw me. However for Dis con in Dec green ribbons were everywhere. It was fun.
Im going to keep wearing my ribbons in hopes I may run into others on our trips.

My mom and I just got back yesterday. I wore a lime green ribbon, but no one said anything and I didn't see any others:(

We have kept a lime green ribbon on our backpack for the last 3-4 years, whenever that became the DIS thing to do. The first time we ran into a family from Indiana and a family from, uh Maybe Montana. We chatted with both groups and it was enjoyable. We also had a CM comment on the ribbon and she was aware of why we had it. We have been back to WDW 4 times since then and have never seen a ribbon since. Its a big world after all.:) :D

We've made 37 trips up to WDW since the Lime Green Ribbons were started back in 1999. We've never worn them (shame on us, I guess) but I've never once noticed one on anyone. Never really specifically look for them, but figured that once in all that time we spend at WDW, I'd just happen to notice one on someone in a queue, a restaurant, at a resort. Nope, not once.

I just got back, yesterday (Feb. 6) and I had my lime green ribbon on my backpack. I did not see any ribbons, either.

Originally posted by ptrbryant
Hey, guys!!!
I trudged around WDW for six consecutive days (Hooray!!!) with a really big lime green ribbon tied on the back of my backpack. Not only did no one comment on it, but I didn't see another green ribbon anywhere! Are you sure you're all wearing them!??!
Other than that, we had a GREAT time! This was our 2nd WDW trip and, like last May, we stayed at WL--perfect. Great character interaction at Hollywood & Vine and Chef Mickey's---though I have to agree with those who warned me about the food being less than great at Chef Mickey's.
Hmmm, time to plan the next trip soon!??!;)
Karla B.

Hi ptrbryant,

I was there from Feb 1st through the 6th and had my lime green ribbion on my waist pack. I meet other DISers on the AKL Concierge Sunrise Sarfari. It was not an official plan. It was nice to meet people that are also part of this community.

Originally posted by TLS4Mickey
I just got back, yesterday (Feb. 6) and I had my lime green ribbon on my backpack. I did not see any ribbons, either.

I was there from Feb 1st through the 6th with my lime green ribbion on my waist pack. I was also looking for other ribbions but did not see one. I did meet two other DISers on the AKL Sunrise Safari but they did not have ribbions on.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter