Just Back! 7/9/05-7/16/05

artnsonia

We love Tink!
Hey everyone! Well we just got back from our Disney vacation! All who went was my DH (30), me (29), DS (5), and DD (3). We stayed at Fort Wilderness Campgrounds and had park hopping/no expiration/magic plus option tickets with the Dining plan. We all had a great time but like others who have posted before, I will NEVER go back again in July! It was so hot we were completely heat exhausted ever day by 11 am (and we are from Texas, where it is always hot!) The humidity was horrible, it felt like a million degrees outside. I ended up with two migraines and both kids with fevers and vomiting from the heat. But other than that we had an excellent time! :banana: But by no means don't let me scare you, others out there did not seem to be so affected by the heat, we might just be big babies! :rotfl:

Saturday 7/9: We went to MGM because my son is a big Power Ranger fan and we had to see them first. We got all their autographs and pics. They did an awesome little show and drew big crowds. MGM wasn't too crowded because of Hurricane Dennis. We saw the Lights Motor Action show and it is a definite must see. My son loved this and he wanted to see it over and over and over. MGM ended up being our favorite park. Also weather wasn't too bad this day, we were able to stay until 5pm. Then the clouds let loose a rain fury and the parade ended up being cancelled. Boo Hoo.

Sunday 7/10: We went to MK. We hit all of fantasyland first thing in the morning. MK also wasn't too crowded. We only had to fastpass Peterpan. Kids loved this area. We had so much fun! We left by 12pm too rest in the motorhome. Went to Chef Mickey for dinner. This was awesome, we will definitely come back here every trip. Great atmosphere and the characters were really cool!

Monday 7/11: We went to Epcot (EMH). Husband and I took turns on Test track because my son was too afraid to ride it. Unfortunately my kids did not really enjoy Epcot. They got scared at the Honey I Shrunk the Kids 3D show. We had lunch at the Princess Storybook at Norway. My daughter loved this, she got pics with all the princesses and got all their autographs. We left here at 2pm after lunch. Not sure if it was EMH or because Hurricane Dennis had already passed by, but man it was crowded here. We only rode two rides.

Tuesday 7/12: Back to MGM (EMH)to see Power Rangers again and eat at Sci Fi Drive In. Very cool place to eat! But don't forget to make your PS, people who didn't have a PS, couldn't eat here because they were booked solid.

Wednesday 7/13: EMH at MK. Did Buzz Lightyear, which the kids loved and Indy Speedway, also a big hit. Very crowded here too, not sure if it was from EMH or what. We then left to see the shuttle launch, which if we would have listened to the news earlier, we would have found out that it had already been cancelled. :( Oh well, back to the world.

Thursday 7/14: Went to AK. Kids also did not like this park that much. They loved the Safari, but the It's Tough to Be a Bug 3D is super scary. Both of my kids were screaming and crying during this and wanted to go home. So we ended up not doing much at this park. We hopped on over to Typhoon Lagoon where we had a blast. Very cool waterpark.

Friday 7/15: Went to Blizzard Beach. Kids also loved this park too, but who doesn't love water.

Saturday: headed home.

All in all, we had a wonderful time and I am already planning our next trip here. But we will be going in March this next time. I think I can handle crowds better if it isn't soooo hot. We didn't use the park hopping option at all, so not sure if I will buy it next time. We will use the dining plan again. Eating at Disney is very expensive. I figured it out that we spent $600 on the dining plan and ate $1100 worth of food/snacks.

Definite must haves: Frozen water bottles and mister fans. They saved our lives.

Oh and CROC fans: I wore my Croc Nile sandals every day on the trip. They were super comfortable, never got a blister, and worked wonders in the rain. I love my CROCS. :love:

Sounds like you had a great time in spite of the heat and humidity.
When I was there in June, I thought it was extraordinarily hot and humid, and I used to live in Fl.

I am still debating on my crocs or not. I have such good luck with my New Balance shoes. I may have to stick the crocs in just in case I want them.

artnsonia said:
We went to MGM because my son is a big Power Ranger fan and we had to see them first. We got all their autographs and pics. They did an awesome little show and drew big crowds.

Hi!

Can you please tell me where is show is??? My son is also a big fan, and would get a big kick out of this.

Thanks! !
:flower: :flower:

The power rangers come out at the end of the Streets of America right by the entrance to Lights Motor Action. Get a time sheet from the entrance of MGM to find out when they will be out but generally they came out every hour from 10:30am to 1:30pm. There will be lines formed in front of each ranger for autographs and pics. The first time we were able to get the first three, then had to come back for the other two because the lines get long and they are only out for about 10-15minutes each session. There is the Pink Time Force Ranger, the Blue Lunar Wolf Ranger, Green Samurai Ninja Storm Ranger, White Dino Thunder Ranger, and Red SPD Ranger.

They are at the end of the "Street of The Americas" right near the "Lights, Camera Action" Stunt show entrance. They have specific times they show up....you have to check the Events/Showtimes for the day to get the exact times.

CIMG0937.jpg

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter