just back 30%/40% off future trip Good deal???

Goofy&Sleepy

Mouseketeer
Just got back & there was an offer in the room for 30% a deluxe resort or 40% a DVC room (maybe visa versa) when you booked before you left. Has anyone taken advantage of this? I called to check prices & the deluxe were much more than we were willing to pay. Since we've been in DVC for 7 years now, I guess I'm out of the loop on prices. I talked w/a FL lady on the monorail & she said 30/40% off those places were rare.

We tried to add a night on to our Oct trip to try Treehouse Villas but it was booked. We were, surprisingly, able to add a FRIDAY night on at BLT (staying there Wed/Thurs as we bought MINIMUM pts to be able to do this every few years) w/a lake view for $300. Is this a good deal? We've never paid OOP for a room (except to go early & stay at Values) so I have no idea what the rack rate is for a room. We can cancel up to 5 days out. I was REALLY surprised to get a night at BLT but am excited to get to stay a third night.

Just wondering if anyone else took advantage of the deal.

Thanks.

A 30-40% discount is very good - 40% is about the highest they go, +/- a few % points.

It's not as good as using your points you already paid for though! But if you're planning a cash trip, the bouncebacks are a good deal.

BTW - here's a link to the 2009 rack rates, but BLT is not included here yet. I saw a post the other day that had something in the title about BLT rack rates - you might browse through the DVC threads here to see if you find it (might be in the Planning forum, I can't remember).

http://www.mousesavers.com/roomrates2009.html

40% off the rack rate of deluxe resorts or deluxe villas is a great deal and one of the best that Disney offers. Before I bought DVC in February, I had the Contemporary booked with 40% off and it was still 1800.00 for 5 nights.

Of course, now that I am a DVC member, I have points to use so I won't have to pay cash.

If I have to "borrow" to make the trips work for what I want, then I will. If I find that I am borrowing a lot, then you know what that means, ADD ON!!!

The bounceback offer of 40% off would have had to have been booked before leaving Disney.

Just got back & there was an offer in the room for 30% a deluxe resort or 40% a DVC room (maybe visa versa) when you booked before you left. Has anyone taken advantage of this? I called to check prices & the deluxe were much more than we were willing to pay. Since we've been in DVC for 7 years now, I guess I'm out of the loop on prices. I talked w/a FL lady on the monorail & she said 30/40% off those places were rare.

We tried to add a night on to our Oct trip to try Treehouse Villas but it was booked. We were, surprisingly, able to add a FRIDAY night on at BLT (staying there Wed/Thurs as we bought MINIMUM pts to be able to do this every few years) w/a lake view for $300. Is this a good deal? We've never paid OOP for a room (except to go early & stay at Values) so I have no idea what the rack rate is for a room. We can cancel up to 5 days out. I was REALLY surprised to get a night at BLT but am excited to get to stay a third night.

Thanks.

Rare?

That flyer has been on my desk in every DVC room I have stayed in for the past two years at least! It's an on-going deal, it's not rare at all anymore!

And as you discovered.... what Disney has done is raise their prices to an UNBELIEVABLE price point so they can give you a "discount" and make you think "gee I got a deal":rotfl2:

If Disney wants $400 a night for a room at the BWI and they give you 40% off they are still getting $240 for a three star hotel. Got to admire them for the "marketing trick" However, the Swan/Dolphin right next door can often be had for less. (And those dates are limited on the 40% off, it's "slow season" not times they might get more!)

We were, surprisingly, able to add a FRIDAY night on at BLT (staying there Wed/Thurs as we bought MINIMUM pts to be able to do this every few years) w/a lake view for $300. Is this a good deal? We've never paid OOP for a room (except to go early & stay at Values) so I have no idea what the rack rate is for a room. We can cancel up to 5 days out. I was REALLY surprised to get a night at BLT but am excited to get to stay a third night.

Thanks.

It's really surprising to me how much my views of room costs have already changed with DVC. Last year, we were celebrating getting a code and getting a 30% discount for a room at the Poly, and yet still paying $200/night. It's crazy!!

Either way, I hope you have a wonderful time in October!! :goodvibes

Thanks Vicki for checking. It is a studio btw....again, it is ONLY a DEAL b/c it adds a Friday night for us. We are already moving from OKW on Wed.
Like the other poster said $300 a "DEAL" I think not when we could go to Swan/Dolphin & stay 2 nights but this is just b/c of the Friday & we ONLY have 30 pts @BLT. We did not go thru MS but called the # on the flier in the room to book. Again, never booked OOP so I didn't know what the discount was.

The Polynesian was like $300+ for 1 night which, I could NOT justify. Although I'd love to stay at the GF one night, I'll never be able to go from a studio @ DVC to that as I'm afraid I'd be disappointed & I am way too frugal.

Thanks all...

Thanks Vicki for checking. It is a studio btw....again, it is ONLY a DEAL b/c it adds a Friday night for us. We are already moving from OKW on Wed.
Like the other poster said $300 a "DEAL" I think not when we could go to Swan/Dolphin & stay 2 nights but this is just b/c of the Friday & we ONLY have 30 pts @BLT. We did not go thru MS but called the # on the flier in the room to book. Again, never booked OOP so I didn't know what the discount was.

The Polynesian was like $300+ for 1 night which, I could NOT justify. Although I'd love to stay at the GF one night, I'll never be able to go from a studio @ DVC to that as I'm afraid I'd be disappointed & I am way too frugal.

Thanks all...

I looked it up and you did get 40% of rack rate. BLT studios, in October, on a Friday night, are $430.00. So, 40% rate is $258, plus tax, to bring it around $300.00 what you are paying.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your BLT stay!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter