just back 30%/40% off future trip Good deal???

Discussion in 'DVC Member Services' started by Goofy&Sleepy, May 31, 2009.

1. Goofy&Sleepy

Goofy&Sleepy Mouseketeer

Just got back & there was an offer in the room for 30% a deluxe resort or 40% a DVC room (maybe visa versa) when you booked before you left. Has anyone taken advantage of this? I called to check prices & the deluxe were much more than we were willing to pay. Since we've been in DVC for 7 years now, I guess I'm out of the loop on prices. I talked w/a FL lady on the monorail & she said 30/40% off those places were rare.

We tried to add a night on to our Oct trip to try Treehouse Villas but it was booked. We were, surprisingly, able to add a FRIDAY night on at BLT (staying there Wed/Thurs as we bought MINIMUM pts to be able to do this every few years) w/a lake view for $300. Is this a good deal? We've never paid OOP for a room (except to go early & stay at Values) so I have no idea what the rack rate is for a room. We can cancel up to 5 days out. I was REALLY surprised to get a night at BLT but am excited to get to stay a third night.

Just wondering if anyone else took advantage of the deal.

Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Guest Advertisement

to hide this advert.
  3. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

A 30-40% discount is very good - 40% is about the highest they go, +/- a few % points.

It's not as good as using your points you already paid for though! But if you're planning a cash trip, the bouncebacks are a good deal.

BTW - here's a link to the 2009 rack rates, but BLT is not included here yet. I saw a post the other day that had something in the title about BLT rack rates - you might browse through the DVC threads here to see if you find it (might be in the Planning forum, I can't remember).

http://www.mousesavers.com/roomrates2009.html

4. Sandisw

Sandisw Moderator Moderator

40% off the rack rate of deluxe resorts or deluxe villas is a great deal and one of the best that Disney offers. Before I bought DVC in February, I had the Contemporary booked with 40% off and it was still 1800.00 for 5 nights.

Of course, now that I am a DVC member, I have points to use so I won't have to pay cash.

If I have to "borrow" to make the trips work for what I want, then I will. If I find that I am borrowing a lot, then you know what that means, ADD ON!!!

5. vicki_c

vicki_c DIS Veteran

6. 5forDiz

5forDiz DIS Veteran

Yes I agree that sounds like DVC discount; OP did you call MS to book this night ? :goodvibes

7. quirty30

quirty30 DIS Veteran

The bounceback offer of 40% off would have had to have been booked before leaving Disney.

8. CarolA

CarolA <a href="http://www.wdwinfo.com/dis-sponsor/index.

Rare?

That flyer has been on my desk in every DVC room I have stayed in for the past two years at least! It's an on-going deal, it's not rare at all anymore!

And as you discovered.... what Disney has done is raise their prices to an UNBELIEVABLE price point so they can give you a "discount" and make you think "gee I got a deal":rotfl2:

If Disney wants $400 a night for a room at the BWI and they give you 40% off they are still getting $240 for a three star hotel. Got to admire them for the "marketing trick" However, the Swan/Dolphin right next door can often be had for less. (And those dates are limited on the 40% off, it's "slow season" not times they might get more!)

9. Crystal_27

Crystal_27 DIS Veteran

It's really surprising to me how much my views of room costs have already changed with DVC. Last year, we were celebrating getting a code and getting a 30% discount for a room at the Poly, and yet still paying $200/night. It's crazy!!

Either way, I hope you have a wonderful time in October!! :goodvibes

10. Goofy&Sleepy

Goofy&Sleepy Mouseketeer

Thanks Vicki for checking. It is a studio btw....again, it is ONLY a DEAL b/c it adds a Friday night for us. We are already moving from OKW on Wed.
    Like the other poster said $300 a "DEAL" I think not when we could go to Swan/Dolphin & stay 2 nights but this is just b/c of the Friday & we ONLY have 30 pts @BLT. We did not go thru MS but called the # on the flier in the room to book. Again, never booked OOP so I didn't know what the discount was.

The Polynesian was like $300+ for 1 night which, I could NOT justify. Although I'd love to stay at the GF one night, I'll never be able to go from a studio @ DVC to that as I'm afraid I'd be disappointed & I am way too frugal.

Thanks all...

11. Sandisw

Sandisw Moderator Moderator

I looked it up and you did get 40% of rack rate. BLT studios, in October, on a Friday night, are $430.00. So, 40% rate is $258, plus tax, to bring it around $300.00 what you are paying.

Have a great cruise and enjoy your BLT stay!!!