Just back 10/1-10/14 Drove from MA and spent 11 days in WDW Any ???'s

It's A Happy Day

<font color=darkorchid>I am on a troll<br><font co
I will get to a trip report and disney dining report in the next day or so but we just got back from our stay in All Star Sports with DD3, DS4, DH37, and me32 - celebrated our anniversary while we were there and met up with MIL & FIL and also my mother while there for the 1st portion of our trip. We had an AWESOME time and will elaborate more in detail separately but figured I'd give anyone leaving soon the chance to ask any specific last minute questions they might be looking for answers to - we visited all 4 theme parks as well as DTD and both water parks and several restaurants as well - we had the dining plan. So fire away y'all...

I have one question, please.

Why did you not stop and pick me up on your way down? :confused3

I would have paid my own way AND I babysit. :love:

Slightly Goofy

So glad you had a great trip!
Our family loves All Star Sports! (Our kids are about your kids' ages--lots of fun at Disney, at this age, aren't they?) :)

Did you notice any decrease in the crowd levels at the parks/restaurants as the free dining plan phased out toward the end of your trip?

Also, how was Epcot crowdwise? We usually spend lots of time wandering World Showcase but have never been there during F&W so I'm not sure if it will be too crowded to be pleasant for the little ones.

Thanks!

:earsboy: I'm with Happy Mommy2 - crowds at Epcot? We leave Sunday, and plan on spending Tuesday at Epcot, wining and dining ourselves silly.
I see by the weather channel that it is hot. (I'm in Texas, but 85 degrees is still hot....)
When we were there in January it was only crowded on Sat and Sunday, and that was really only at Magic Kingdom... I'm hoping during the week it won't be too bad...

and..... I'M SO EXCITED! 2 MORE DAYS!!!! :earsboy:

Glad that you had a great trip ~ Can't wait to read more :)

Weather was great - yes it was hot & humid but only rained for maybe 15-30 minutes per day - so we would browse the shops or take in a show and last 4 days no rain at all!!! All of the parks were more crowded than we expected but we just went with the flow and thank god so did the kids - they didn't care what order we went as long as they got to do certain things on their own lists so if the line was too long we returned later to do it so we waited maybe 15 minutes in some lines but no longer and utilized the fast passes for certain rides. Epcot was no more crowded than any of the other parks and our kids did the epcot stops (which they loved) and were able to have some 1 on 1 time with the cm's that work in their too - fyi your 1st country which I think is Mexico is always the busiest because most people start here and want to decorate their masks and such so try going backwards around the showcase and start on the opposite side - all of the countries have the blank masks to start with. No real lines at the F&W kiosks that were set up - some people but no lines to speak of.

The restaurants were not overly crowded - all tables were full but the restaurants flowed smoothly & service for the most part was prompt & attentive. We were on the dining plan (noone knows if you paid or if it was the free promo) - everything worked out great - no limitations that really applied to us and plenty of food!!!. We were never treated differently b/c of the plan and pretty much every server asked us before ordering if we were on any type of plan. The last few days I just put the card on the table before they came over to ask for drink orders so they knew before asking. I didn't notice people trying to walkups but that was because we were taken to our table if not immediately within 5-10 minutes and waited in a sitting area. I had made all ADR's prior to the trip so we didn't try any walkups.

Anymore questions???

What was your favorite meal? The one with the best food? The one that was most fun?

I was at ASsp from 9/29-10/5 I may have seen you LOL my DS6 played with many of the kids in the surfs up pool? He wasnt impressed with the baseball one to crowded he said- (over his head to much I think).

Hope you had a great trip I know we did and the weather was great.

fran99999 said:
I was at ASsp from 9/29-10/5 I may have seen you LOL my DS6 played with many of the kids in the surfs up pool? He wasnt impressed with the baseball one to crowded he said- (over his head to much I think).

Hope you had a great trip I know we did and the weather was great.

Definitely a possibility - my kids were the ones that kept asking every kid their name and age - their intro was I'm Michael/Victoria I'm 4 whats your name. They too liked the surfs up pool better...I didn't even realize there was a 2nd pool until 1/2 way through the trip!

DisneyObsessive said:
Hear anything about expedition everest? How does it look? Were they testing trains?

It's looking good but still a ways from testing. They are still building portions of the mountain and track but you can definitely see it taking shape and it looks like it will be a great roller coaster!!!

tiki23 said:
What was your favorite meal? The one with the best food? The one that was most fun?

Favorite meal had to be our last dinner at Cinderella's Royal Table - food was excellent, service was great, it was actually clearing out so there were many empty tables and we saw the fireworks outside the windows (reservations were for 8:00 and by the time we were seated and served, wishes started). It was a great ending to our trip and very memorable for me.

Most fun...probably Whispering Canyon Cafe...again awesome food, great environment, and the kids had a blast doing pony rides and watching all the going ons.

Best food...hard to say - we ate at quite a few restaurants thanks to the dining plan and all the food was awesome!!! The only place we gave a semi thumbs down was actually the concourse steakhouse in the contemporary but it was because service seemed really slow. The food was great but for a 1st seating - so the restaurant wasn't busy yet...it took forever to get apps which were salads and soups, entree's, and desserts.

edjbiologist said:
Do you know will there be any trick or treating besides at MNSSHP? I am staying at BCV Oct 22-29.

Thanks!

Not too sure about Trick or Treating. I remember seeing somewhere that they will be doing some on the date of Halloween but not sure about prior. I would recommend asking the front desk when you check in. Have a great trip!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter