Just back 1/27-2/3

neworleans_ray

Mouseketeer
My husband and I, along with my Mom, brother and his small family arrived 1/27. We are staying off property in a home rental.

Day one - Epcot, 1/28 my husband has never been and exploring WS was on top of his list. It was crowded in WS but I felt like that was due to Arts Fest tents everywhere making the path around narrow. We ate at Restaurant Marrakesh for lunch, we had reservations. It was alright, but doubt we would return on a future trip. After a 2 hour break we returned and with FP+ was able to do Frozen. We watched Illuminations from marker 17, it was a spot between to Art Fest tents. It was a good spot, we were the first ones there. By 855 there were about two dozen people around and behind us. Illuminations has always been a favorite of ours and I was so excited to share the experience with my husband. The globe didn't light up :( we were disappointed in that evenings performance.
Day two - Hollywood Studios, 1/29 it had rained the night before and up to about 11am. Rain at park was light. We did TSM and DH loved it!! MR had a longer wait than TSM, and the park was EMH. Aerosmith was next, DH and DNephew didn't ride. TOT was only allowing FP+ guests, they were experiencing difficulties with one side of elevators. DH and DN hated the attraction, DN (5 years old) started screaming I want off! We took pictures with chewbacca. Watched Frozen sing-along, everyone enjoyed this. Lunch was at the Commissary, we did a couple other things before heading back to our house.
Day three - Epcot, 1/30 the weather was a little chilly, but nice. We did TT, sent DB, DSIL, DN to frozen while DH, DM, and I did SE. Everyone met up at Soarin', did it along with Nemo, Figment, and The Land. Lunch was split between Sunshine Seasons and Electric Umbrella. UOE was right after lunch, then it was off the VOL. We ended our day at Beaches & Cream, our first time and not our last. We all loved it! No kitchen sink for us.
Day four - Magic Kingdom, 1/31 the weather was sunny! Monorail was having issues before rope drop. We got to security around 915 and it was 945 before we all made it through the gate. We did pictures with Mickey, SM twice while others did Peoplemover and speedway. We did monsters inc, and lunch at Cosmic Rays. Next off to tea cups, carrousel, little mermaid, Peter Pan (FP+), watched the parade, then SW, COP, and SDMT (FP+). We ended evening with dinner at Ohana and were able to view wishes while eating dessert.
Day five - Magic Kingdom, 2/1 the weather was beautiful, wore shorts and had to use sunscreen. We went in around noon and did POC, SM twice, ate lunch at peco's, then TM twice. We walked over and ate funnel cake before HM (DN hated it and they exited before the ride). Next we were off to BL (disappointed in this compared to TSM) and closed the day with SDMT with FP+
Day six - Amimal Kingdom, 2/2 weather was nice again! There was a bus accident blocking us from parking so we ended up parking close to the VIP lot, we were in peacock 6. We did the safaris and EE before making our way to dinoland to do PW and Dinosaur. Next we ate lunch at Pizzafarri before seeing the Vine. Next we went back and do EE again, DH and I did Nemo while others did Bugs Life. We met up and closed the day with Lion King.

DH and I plan on going back in 2-3 years but plan on staying on property. He wants to split trip between Disney and Universal.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter