• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just assigned our VGT cabin . . .

disneywonderfun

DIS Veteran
. . . and scored well.

Last minute decision (decided just two days ago) to go on the February 5 Dream cruise. Booked three VGT cabins and ended up with Cat 4A on Deck 9. All three next to each other and even a connecting door between two which was exactly our best case scenario. Not to shabby considering a Cat 4A costs almost 1K more than the VGT.

Packing right now!

DWF

Congrats! That's so nice to hear that even with the VGT (or OGT, etc) that DCL is still considerate enough to keep the group together.

Have a wonderful cruise!! :goodvibes

. . . and scored well.

Last minute decision (decided just two days ago) to go on the February 5 Dream cruise. Booked three VGT cabins and ended up with Cat 4A on Deck 9. All three next to each other and even a connecting door between two which was exactly our best case scenario. Not to shabby considering a Cat 4A costs almost 1K more than the VGT.

Packing right now!

DWF

I have a silly question... Everyone keeps talking about "VGT." What does VGT stand for or mean?

It's a category that is only available to help sell empty cabins. VGT is a GTY but for any type of verandah. There are several stipulations when booking this cat. It must be paid in full immediately. It's non-refundable/cancelable. They will not accept special cabin requests and can't change cabin once assigned. So it's similar to a GTY except that it's not limited to a specific category, just a particular cabin type. There may be other rules too. Maybe others can elaborate.

OGT is Oceanview GTY and I think IGT is for inside cabins. NOt 100% sure.

Basically it is a significantly discounted fare that comes with a lot of restrictions. If you can handle the restrictions, it is a great deal.

One of the major downslides is your are taking care of the details so late in the process. So, I had to book the final 3:00 to 3:30 port arrival time. No port adventures could be scheduled since it was so close to the sail date. No Palo reservations were available.

But shockingly (maybe), we could still book Remy! Several slots were still open.

DWF

One of the major downslides is your are taking care of the details so late in the process. So, I had to book the final 3:00 to 3:30 port arrival time. No port adventures could be scheduled since it was so close to the sail date. No Palo reservations were available.

But shockingly (maybe), we could still book Remy! Several slots were still open.

DWF

But, I think that if you book the DCL transfers from MCO, you could still get first boarding. I'm pretty sure that that trumps the port arrival time, and groups taking it are actually some of the first to board.

Also, you can check to see if you could get palo once on board.

Have a blast!

Another question (because I'm hoping to so the same thing later in Feb.) How/When do you get your cruise documents?

Ruadisneyfan2 and Kcashner,
Thanks for the info. :)

Disneywonderfun,
Congrats on a great deal! :cool1: Have a wonderful cruise!

DWF

At $75 per plate, I think the demand is just not going to be there. jmho.

These little details are so small. You got a great cabin at an awesome price. I would love to be able to spontaneously book a cruise. Work or school keep shrinking our window of when we can cruise.

Have a great time! with or without Palo! :thumbsup2

Another question (because I'm hoping to so the same thing later in Feb.) How/When do you get your cruise documents?

If it's that close to cruise time (the OP's cruise is in just days) you wouldn't get any documents. You can print the documents online to take with you (that's the cruise contract) but the only thing that people really need that comes with the other docs that are mailed are the luggage tags, and you can do that at the port.

We have friends on that cruise and we were looking at the VGT rate even this afternoon, but have committments that would make snapping it up totally irresponsible. Oh how I wish we could go...

Just tortured myself and checked and at 11:28pm Eastern, it's still listed...must walk away NOW!

Enjoy your cruise!

And I thought my 4D assigned for our cruise last week was good. Congrats and have fun!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

Latest posts

facebook twitter