• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just arrived back home after a MEGGA RAINY STAY!

chrisf1961

<font color=blue>Nurse! Take me to Paris nurse!<br
Oh gosh where do i start!
Im sure Sam will do a trip report soon, well heres some pics!

SDC14752.jpg

What a nightmare start it threw it down literally monsoon weather,this was the first afternoon Tuesday pm didnt stop raining all day!! Nightmare start!

SDC14753.jpg

Heres my highs n lows

HIGHS
NO1 HAS TO BE THE EARL OF SANDWICH OMG ! WHAT A PLACE FORGET Mcdonalds this is the best place to eat ! cant tell you how much i spent ! lol they are lush :cool1::cool1:

Fantillusion - what a parade !
Fireworks ! another dont miss!

SDC14907.jpg

SDC14868.jpg

LOWS
The rain never seen anything like it!

Sams having a migrane which stop her going out to see Fantillusion and the Fireworks :sad2:

Sams also tripping in mainstreet over the broken pavement which has put her back out and started her siatic nerve off, poor girls drove all the way home in agony ....................

SDC14815.jpg

SDC14833.jpg

Another low and i will NEVER EVER EVER GO ON IT AGAIN!

The Tower of Terror! The drop was just tooo much i wont tell you what i was saying on the way up n down! :rotfl2: Also didnt enyoy Space Mountain Or Rock n Roller coaster! Ill stick to the slowies ..........Story book ride this away >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> :rotfl2::rotfl2:

My November trip last year was honestly worse for the rain, it was cold, dark, hardly ANY people in the park...but I loved it :rotfl2: We took great rain coats and wellies and got to ride everything with no waits! Fanitillusions was scary as I didn't want anyone to get electrocuted but all in all it was a good trip. But I am never going off peak again LOL! Your trip fill me with horror for my August trip (oh ok it doesent, it always rains at some point when we are there but at least it's warmer and later hours in Summer!)

Wonderful photos chris :goodvibes So sorry to hear about the terrible weather you had, we went last year 14th aug and had 2 solid days of rain :umbrella:
And Get better soon to Sam, what a trooper carrying on in pain, did you report the broken pavement to Disney?

Oh dear, I don't like the look of that rain - please say it didn't last the whole time........

I'm with you on TOT, I hated it and screamed like a banshee on it the entire time, never again :lmao:

Hope you all managed to have a nice time despite the weather - look forward to a TR :)

Oh dear, I don't like the look of that rain - please say it didn't last the whole time........

I'm with you on TOT, I hated it and screamed like a banshee on it the entire time, never again :lmao:

Hope you all managed to have a nice time despite the weather - look forward to a TR :)

Yes we had a good time Julie my wifes just jiggered with the driving ..........ps get the poncho ready! :rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:

Glad you had a good time despite the weather. We had rain like that for our trip last November.
I love TOT but i never let go of the bars i hold on for dear life and my dh, mum and sis kept trying to get me to let go so this trip a few weeks ago I was so brave and let go :scared1: ..... Never again :rotfl2:

I really must try the Earl of sandwich on our next trip in November I have heard lots of good reveiws about it.

Looking forward to hearing more :surfweb:

You just got back? In July? It rained that much? We leave in 13 days and I expected sun and heat. I didn't know that torrential rain was even a possiblity.

You just got back? In July? It rained that much? We leave in 13 days and I expected sun and heat. I didn't know that torrential rain was even a possiblity.

It's rained on and off all week
We had heavy rain and thunder storm around 5.00 today lasted about an hour

It's not normal for this time of year, last time it rained in July like this was many years back. Is supposed to be good again from next week so we have our fingers crossed.

Couple of weeks ago it was at 35° now it's 17° :confused3

So I guess I was naive in not checking the weather. August is one of the wettest months in DW. They get about 7 inches of rain on average and have about 16 days of rain. Hmmm, should make for an interesting trip.We do have ponchos so we will press on. I just thought hot, hot , hot and not wet,wet, hot, wet hot. LOL. And we have t storms in the forecast for our trip too. Now we can just extra prepare for it. The rides still operate when its rainy?

So I guess I was naive in not checking the weather. August is one of the wettest months in DW. They get about 7 inches of rain on average and have about 16 days of rain. Hmmm, should make for an interesting trip.We do have ponchos so we will press on. I just thought hot, hot , hot and not wet,wet, hot, wet hot. LOL. And we have t storms in the forecast for our trip too. Now we can just extra prepare for it. The rides still operate when its rainy?

Hang on I think it's panic over for you :lmao: We are talking about Paris, France and you are off to Florida no ?

I'm sure their weather is way different to ours. Have a wonderful holiday and cruise :goodvibes

hi

we were there too on tues (19 july) and the rain was BIBLICAL!!! queues short though! had a great but wet day.

Welcome back, shame about the rain on your trip. Gab photos:thumbsup2

Must be something about Tuesdays - Tuesday 12th July there was also a thunderstorm in the morning - absolutely teemed down. We got caught in it (fortunately whilst wearing kagouls) on the way to the Stunt Show - I was gobsmacked the Stunt Show still went ahead - boy those guys can drive.

We were also there last Tuesday. We finally went back to the park around 6:30 when the weather improved and the place was a ghost town. We walked on to most rides in Adventureland and Frontierland that night. It definitely made up for the wet afternoon.

Earl of Sandwich was awesome, I agree. And we did see a real mickey mouse scuttle across the floor at the McDs that same Tuesday. Brave little sucker came out twice while we were on the top floor using the wifi (not eating, thankfully.)

EoS sounds fab, cant wait to bite into one!!
The rain :scared1: if it was DL Ireland id say yeah but France normally is much warmer/drier then here. EEEEK!
Hope Sam is doing better :flower3:

We were there that tues too it ruined our hols as we were only there mon to weds and didnt do half of what we wanted to :guilty:

tot was fab but the cast members let on a family who had a 2ish yr old with them and the poor soul was petrified :sad2:

Earl of sandwhich i agree is fab :woohoo:

wont be making the same mistake next year we are booking an apartment for a week and buying anual passes that way if it rains for a day it wont matter :idea:

We were at DLP from the 15th of June until the 25th- the temperature never went above 65 degrees, and it was either cloudy or raining the entire time. Sounds as though western Europe is experiencing an odd weather pattern this summer! :confused3
We made the most of every minute, but my pictures are pretty gloomy!!:upsidedow
Good luck in August, and tell us if the trend breaks :thumbsup2

Great photos :goodvibes what a shame Sam had a migraine, hope her back's better now. :hug:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter