• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just a room key?

I think you can get your tickets taken off...again one of those depends who it is.

I also will have a 1 day base that I will be saving for next year. I will have a split reservation, so.....the 2nd week I will have......park passes (from previous week) on one card and then room and dining and 1 day base on the other, so I will ask for them to take the day off. Again will be asking for room only cards for kids and dh....lol

Also, I should let you know, if you have multiple people in your party that are not your family, then only one person can use the credit card feature. When I went with my mom a few years ago, we found that out. I just paid for everything and she paid me when we got home.
It's unfortunate that people here have experienced less than knowledgeable CM's. You can have different credit cards for each room key. There's a specific term to ask for if you do encounter a CM who doesn't know how to set it up. For the life of me, I can't remember it off the top of my head. I can look it up though and edit my post with the info. It's definitely something that can be done.

I have noticed lately on the boards that we Disers seem to be more concerned with Disney getting cheated than Disney is itself. The person at the front desk seemed surprised that getting another key would be a thought to be a problem.

I'm interested in hearing about your situation Goofy4tink (which I am too!!)- what card did you need to turn in? Was there tickets and dining on your card? Did the CM tell you that Disney doesn't give out extra cards for the reasons you listed?

5boyz - yu can always get a card with no charging privledges.
My situation was when my dd's room key got demagnetized...still not sure how it happened. When we went to the front desk to get it replaced, the CM said he had to have the 'bad' room key in hand before he could replace it. So, we handed it over...it didn't matter to me..it was just a room key, with charging on it.
I'm sure there have been many guests who have lost their room keys and had them replaced with no problem. At BW (previous situation was at POR), I wanted to get an extra room key for my ds who was coming down for a short visit..that way he could easily park his car and have access to the room. But, I had to add him to the reservation....they said they would not issue a non-charging card, just to have, unless that person was on the room reservation...each person got one card. And the reason they gave is pretty much what I said.....seems to be an issue with people trying to get something for nothing.
I realize that most people are very honest, and aren't out to scam Disney. But, Disney fully realizes the existing loopholes...when they are abused to a particular amount, then Disney closes the loophole. Take those who bought children's APs then booked rooms with them. Disney closed that one up...have to have an adult AP now in order to book rooms and get the AP discount.
Just wanted to share my experience..it may very well differ from other guests' experiences.

So I couldn't buy a package, and then save that pass for later? My sister got a pin for a dining package, so we were thinking of using that pin, and then I was going to save the pass for the future. I can't do that

Yes, you can do that. The ticket can be taken off your KTTW card after you have used all your dining credits. In December we had the FD package with 1 day tix - I used an old hopper and just kept my KTTW card with the 1 day ticket on it - there really wasn't any reason to take it off the card. Anyone can use the 1 day ticket.

Goofy4tink - I can understand why they would want your DS on the reservation if he was going to park at the resort and use your room with the key. The CMs probably evaluate each situation as it arises. If we weren't traveling with another family, I might not be able to get a key to exchange with them (and who knows - I still might not). As for your daughters demagnetized key - I can only think that it was easier for the CM to duplicate the card that was hers if he had it in hand??

I also think that many CMs don't really know the rules or enforce rules in a way the don't need to. After working at the Disney Store for 7 years, I can say that Disney has very gray rules in many areas and it's up to the CM to assess the situation. Some do it right, some don't.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter