• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Just a Reminder, DCL Is in EDT (Not EST) Until November 4th, 2018

scgustafson

DIS Veteran/DCL Platinum
For those of you posting times for DCL online check-in or when DCL phonelines open or close, and still using EST for the time zone, it changed to EDT on March 11th, 2018 and will stay in that time zone until November 4th, 2018. I just don't want anybody being an hour late due to the incorrect time zone.

Unless you live in Arizona or Indiana I'm not sure why the would make a difference to anyone living in the US.

Well, I hear that quite a few people do live in Arizona or Indiana...

I bet it matters to them.

But those people know.

I don’t know what caused the OP to post this, but most of the time people aren’t thinking when they write est or even edt. If we just wrote “eastern time” I bet people could figure it out.

But those people know.

I don’t know what caused the OP to post this, but most of the time people aren’t thinking when they write est or even edt. If we just wrote “eastern time” I bet people could figure it out.
That's what I do "Eastern time". And then I say, "whatever time that is where you live".....

That way everyone can go figure it out for themselves.

For those of you posting times for DCL online check-in or when DCL phonelines open or close, and still using EST for the time zone, it changed to EDT on March 11th, 2018 and will stay in that time zone until November 4th, 2018. I just don't want anybody being an hour late due to the incorrect time zone.
When does it change in 2019?

When does it change in 2019?
Year DST Start (Clock Forward) DST End (Clock Backward)
2019 Sunday, March 10, 2:00 am Sunday, November 3, 2:00 am

And now we have Florida who's trying to go on Daylight Savings year round. Governor signed off on it, now the Federal government has to OK it.

You and Hawaii. Well, except for the Navajo reservation - they observe daylight savings.
Well yes, the Navajo reservation is the only exception here, but only because their tribal seat is in New Mexico. It's good to be in company with Hawaii! :thumbsup2

I just checked in for my Med cruise and I knew to be online at 9:00 PM Arizona time the night before my check in opened! :D:hourglass

And now we have Florida who's trying to go on Daylight Savings year round. Governor signed off on it, now the Federal government has to OK it.
Technically it's year-round Atlantic Standard Time, like in the Maritimes. And it's kind of ridiculous, considering Florida's easternmost point is almost directly south of Toronto, parts of the Panhandle are in CST. But I digress.

This thread made me curious. Apparently daylight savings time is a northern hemisphere deal. Most southern hemisphere countries don't participate. Very interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter