Just a quick note from our trip 10-6-06

SILLYANDI

DIS Veteran
I don't have time for a full report but thought that some quick notes would help those of you going soon.

We went 12-06 through 12-10 on the DDP- 2 adults, 3 children and a toddler.

We ate at Ohana, Kona Cafe, Cosmic Ray's, Le Cellier (CP package), Captain Cooks, Sci Fi Drive In, Cinderella's Breakfast, Pizzafari & San Angel Cantina (the CS place in Mexico-not sure if that's the right name)
There was more food than our family could have possibly eaten (including the fact that we had credits for 5 but 6 actual people counting the 2 year old).

*We had no problems sharing meals

*We had no problem ordering 4 adult meals Cosmic Ray's & San Angel Cantina with one DDP card (maybe it was the 4 little starving faces looking at them as I ordered?).

*Servers treated us wonderfully at all restaurants and all knew ahead of time we were on DDP

*we were able to pay OOP for kids meals without problems or questions at Kona & Sci Fi-at Sci Fi our server suggested it and also suggested we order malts as our drinks to appease the begging kids.

*we even paid OOP for kids at Cinderella's and had no problems.

*I had to leave Ohana early because the baby was crying and sleepy and the server packed 4 containers of food and sent it back to our room so that I would have something to eat (there was enough food for the whole family to eat again!)

*Sci Fi gave our kids choices that were not on the printed menu

*Our kids loved the menu selection-not one complaint-I don't know what all the noise is about the new healthy kids menu not being appealling.

*The sundries store(BouTiki?) at the Polynesian lets you buy anything $4 or less as a "snack"-they had pints of milk and packs of a dozen doughnuts that we purchased for 1 snack credit each

*Capt Cooks allows anything other than "entrees" and "sushi" as a snack.

These are all of the things that I had questions about before we left and thought someone else might benefit from the info!

Glad you had such a good time, and experienced such great service and generosity. Thanks for the update!

I added up our receipts and added in what we paid OOP and we still saved $530 vs if we had paid oop for the entire trip. I'm not sure I will do the DDP again next trip, because we ate at more TS then normal and stuffed ourselves like pigs (even sharing meals). But I do have to say we definately got our moneies worth for this trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter