Jurassic Park Rehab?

Bluer101

Waiting till vacation comes, oh that's next week!
I just read on Screamscape that Jurassic Park is going down in May for a rehab due to Tiffany being broken. Can anyone else confirm this is going to happen and for how long its going to be down? I hope its just to fix her and not a major rehab. We are going for a week for Memorial Day weekend and I would think they would have it open for that busy time.:confused3

I just read on Screamscape that Jurassic Park is going down in May for a rehab due to Tiffany being broken. Can anyone else confirm this is going to happen and for how long its going to be down? I hope its just to fix her and not a major rehab. We are going for a week for Memorial Day weekend and I would think they would have it open for that busy time.:confused3

I posted about this about a week ago under refurb here and on other sites. I never got anything out of it. This is the first I am hearing about the May thing though. It would not surprise me that they take it down before summer crowds arrive though

Oh blooming hell! :mad: I am going to UOR from May 29 to June 5 this summer. I will be heaving mad if I cannot ride Jurassic Park River Adventure.

Is it likely that when they say 'May', it will mean rehab finished ready for June 1? Or am I being too optimistic? :rolleyes1

Oh blooming hell! :mad: I am going to UOR from May 29 to June 5 this summer. I will be heaving mad if I cannot ride Jurassic Park River Adventure.

Is it likely that when they say 'May', it will mean rehab finished ready for June 1? Or am I being too optimistic? :rolleyes1

I'm there the same time and I hope they do it starting May 1st and get it done. I would think they would have it back open for Memorial Day weekend.

I would think they would have it up and running due to peak season is getting ready to start :thumbsup2

I'm going to be there May 4th & 5th, pretty disappointing news. If it is indeed down how good of a ride will we be missing out on?

I got a email from Universal and they said it will be down for refurb from may 9th to may 22nd :thumbsup2

Great we are there May 13 and 14 and the kids were looking forward to this ride.
Is there a place to check on any other refurbs that may be going on at the time?

Great we are there May 13 and 14 and the kids were looking forward to this ride.
Is there a place to check on any other refurbs that may be going on at the time?
We have a sticky here on refurbs and usually you can go to universals website and they should have them but when I checked on jurrasic park it didn't have anything so I contacted them and they emailed me back with the refurb dates :thumbsup2

I got a email from Universal and they said it will be down for refurb from may 9th to may 22nd :thumbsup2

Thanks, this is good new for our family.:goodvibes

I have a question: How did you get an email with that update? I'm signed up on a lot of Universal's email lists and have never received that kind of notice. Doyou have a link?

Thanks, this is good new for our family.:goodvibes

I have a question: How did you get an email with that update? I'm signed up on a lot of Universal's email lists and have never received that kind of notice. Doyou have a link?
I went on universalorlando.com to see if I could find out anything about the refurb and when I couldn't then I just clicked on contact and asked about it and left my email address and they sent me a email back telling me the refurb dates :thumbsup2

I went on universalorlando.com to see if I could find out anything about the refurb and when I couldn't then I just clicked on contact and asked about it and left my email address and they sent me a email back telling me the refurb dates :thumbsup2

Thats great, I will have to try sometime, thanks for posting.:thumbsup2

I never knew the T Rex had a name. Lol. That makes sense to me though because my BFF went back to IOA like a few weeks ago and she said that the T Rex didn't move at all at that part of the ride. I figured it was some kind of problem.

I never knew the T Rex had a name. Lol. That makes sense to me though because my BFF went back to IOA like a few weeks ago and she said that the T Rex didn't move at all at that part of the ride. I figured it was some kind of problem.

Did it have a strobe light instead? I hear that works in another park........

Did it have a strobe light instead? I hear that works in another park........
:rotfl:

Apparently only for a while. I understand that darkness is the preferred choice now.

I hope that they give Tiffany more steam too. Her neck looks a little weird when you see it clearly.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter