Jungle Cruise - worthwhile?

We really enjoy Jungle Cruise. We've only done it twice, and we had great skippers both times. Alex was skipper the second time, and he was absolutely hilarious. I tend to get motion sickness easily, but never have on this ride. I've only ridden at night, though, so that may be why. Darkness seems to help my motion sickness for some reason. I'd also like to note that it's usually 20 minutes or less standby time after the fireworks show. It was walk on around ten when we were there a few days before Easter. It had been an hour or more during the daytime.

We really enjoy Jungle Cruise. We've only done it twice, and we had great skippers both times. Alex was skipper the second time, and he was absolutely hilarious. I tend to get motion sickness easily, but never have on this ride. I've only ridden at night, though, so that may be why. Darkness seems to help my motion sickness for some reason. I'd also like to note that it's usually 20 minutes or less standby time after the fireworks show. It was walk on around ten when we were there a few days before Easter. It had been an hour or more during the daytime.

If that ws the same Skipper Alex I had, he's like the Best. Skipper. Ever. I had to drop a note to Castmember Recognition praising him.

It's a cute boat ride. A classic, definitely. You may want to watch an on-ride video on YouTube to take a decision. In my opinion? Go for it if the line is not too long. Skip it if it's over 40 minutes.

It probably was. He was a pretty cute guy in his 20s or so, and we all thought he was great. The boat clapped loudly for him when it was over. Wish I'd thought to leave a note about him, but I bet he gets tons of recognition. He had my DH in tears from laughing.

The Jungle Cruise is the best place in the parks to get a great view of the back side of water. One of Disney's most magical moments!

It probably was. He was a pretty cute guy in his 20s or so, and we all thought he was great. The boat clapped loudly for him when it was over. Wish I'd thought to leave a note about him, but I bet he gets tons of recognition. He had my DH in tears from laughing.

I described him as "manic" in my review as he would act paranoid one moment, ducking down behind the bench, then hyper the next, very physical. He even told a Frozen joke, and it's so rare that I hear new material on the JC after so many rides. He's the best!

Were you lucky enough to see some of his favorite plants and flowers?

As a matter of fact I was! He also showed us some Hibiscus, Lowbiscus, and Dogbiscus plants too. Very interesting!

Actually, one of the great things about that ride is that we were a little delayed leaving and coming into the docks, and he just never stopped entertaining while we were stopped. We got like every peice of script available!

Jungle Cruise is a Disney tradition and I would definitely put it on your list. I first rode it back when Disney had E tickets and years before fast pass ever came to be. I remember standing in long lines because the ride is so popular. The Florida heat and length of line did not deter my parents from taking us on the ride.

My granddaughters have only been to the Magic Kingdom one time when they were 4 and 5 years old. We have another trip planned for May of next year. The other day the 10 year old wanted to know if we were going on the Jungle Cruise it was one of her favorite rides. I was surprised she remembered it that well. Have a great time on your adventure.

Anyone who doesn't "get" the Jungle Cruise should be banned to a full-day of non-stop rides on Stitch.

I always dreamed of being a Jungle Cruise skipper when I grew up. And 50-some-odd years later, I still hope to just as soon as I grow up. :banana:

Night time sounds cool...but as my little one scares easily, I think we'll stick to day time (i.e. if any animals)...plus for reasons mentioned above.

There are no animals...well, none that look even remotely realistic. Why not just look it up on youtube?

We had a great female skipper one time that let my DS age 5 "steer" the boat - highlight of his trip!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter