June Weather Q?

teacups

DIS Veteran
Can anyone give me a legitimate expected temp for DL the second week in June? I am not asking for guarantee's or anything, but online it says average high is only 77. That's a great "average" but I'm looking for a more realistic guesstimate. Have a family member that can not take the heat.
Thanks!

Well she might be in luck. We were there in the first week of June last year and it was mild and we were afflicted by this phenomenon called May/June gloom. It was gloomy and rainy in the morning and then it would clear up early afternoon and then the minute the sun went down, it was mildly chilly again. We did have one day where it was pretty warm, but not hot.

I could have done without the morning gloom, but it did make for milder temp days, I'd say high 70s.

I agree that June gloom is a normal thing for S. Cal. However, as you know, weather conditions are completely impossible to predict. We went the second week of January, when it is supposed to be chilly, and the temps were in the high 80's. HOT!

I'd say just start checking the weather sites 10 days prior to you trip and then pack accordingly.

Yep I agree it's a little too early to tell. We've been 3 times in June and the weather for the first trip was HOT no June Gloom of anything just HOT and humid for a desert rat like me. The 2nd time it was cool in the low 70's for the entire 5 days. That is too cool for me to wear shorts all day. The 3rd trip it was like 90 2 days and then 70 for the last 2 days!

I'm sure I just confused you but I promise I didnt mean to! :lmao: :goodvibes

The suggestion of checking the weather a week before you arrive is great. Our weather is very hard to predict. I've been to so many end-of-school events in June. Half my pictures show us wearing shorts and half show us wearing jeans & sweaters. Watch the weather and come prepared to wear layers - at any time of year.

Last year we went from June 10-14 and it was HOT each day. Upper 90'sfor the most part, but when you are standing in it all day it hot lines, it felt warmer than that. We definitely had to swim each day at the hotel to get refreshed! And I come from Las Vegas so I am used to above 100 degree temps.

Andrea

Oh but I also agree that you never know. I have been wearing tank tops in January there and sweatshirts in May!!

Andrea

Oh but I also agree that you never know. I have been wearing tank tops in January there and sweatshirts in May!!

Andrea
What? I thought Disney controlled the weather at their parks! :rotfl:

Seriously, if you visit Oct.-April you will have a chance at some really nice weather, but also a chance at some cold and/or rainy weather as well. It is a bit of a crap shoot.

If you visit in May-Sept., chances are the weather will be pretty nice. It may be hot (some days over 90 degrees - and maybe a couple days a year over 100 degrees), but that is what the swimming pools are for! Again, your chances for good weather are high.

Too funny! Sounds a little like Idaho weather! Just can't order up that perfect week I guess. Darn it!

Thanks everybody.

If I could dial up my own weather, I'd actually like to order up some minor May Gloom for my upcoming visit (May 8-12).

One of my visits as a teenager was in light rain, and it was GREAT. Non-existent lines...bright yellow Mickey ponchos here and there, but we saw the park as never before.

For my visit, I'd like overcast & maybe a little drizzle for two days out of four (not too much, or my kids might whine). I'd like sun, though, on the third and fourth day for that pool at DL Hotel...

Too bad we can't always have exactly what we'd order!!

Hmmmm so basically wear a jacket in the morning and evening type deal. Sort of like October when it gets chilly at night?

Yep! In June I wear tank top and shorts with sweatshirt from about 7-9am and then again from about 10-midnight!!

Andrea

Ok, since you didn't mention the exact time of June, I have written, my personal experience of what to expect at Disneyland, which truly seems to have it's own weather patterns, generally if you look at Anaheim in June and add about 5 degrees you are about right for Disneyland, I have no idea why that is. This is coming from a local that goes at all times of the year, here is approximately what to expect during the different times of the month. And as always your mileage may vary, also always bring a change of close, if you dress for warmer weather bring a change of clothes for colder weather and vice versa, it always seems to be the opposite of how you are dressed. Also always bring a light jacket for night if you tend to get cold.

June 1-10: Mornings: About 60-70 Degrees
Afternoons: About 70-78 Degrees
Evenings: About 60-70 Degrees
Nights: About 50-60 Degrees

June 11-20: Mornings: About 65-75 Degrees
Afternoons: About 75-83 Degrees
Evenings: About 68-73 Degrees
Nights: About 60-65 Degrees:

June 21-30: Mornings: About 70-75 Degrees
Afternoons: About 80-110 Degrees
Evenings: About 70-90 Degrees
Nights: About 70-75 Degrees

Ok, since you didn't mention the exact time of June, I have written, my personal experience of what to expect at Disneyland, which truly seems to have it's own weather patterns, generally if you look at Anaheim in June and add about 5 degrees you are about right for Disneyland, I have no idea why that is. This is coming from a local that goes at all times of the year, here is approximately what to expect during the different times of the month. And as always your mileage may vary, also always bring a change of close, if you dress for warmer weather bring a change of clothes for colder weather and vice versa, it always seems to be the opposite of how you are dressed. Also always bring a light jacket for night if you tend to get cold.

June 1-10: Mornings: About 60-70 Degrees
Afternoons: About 70-78 Degrees
Evenings: About 60-70 Degrees
Nights: About 50-60 Degrees

June 11-20: Mornings: About 65-75 Degrees
Afternoons: About 75-83 Degrees
Evenings: About 68-73 Degrees
Nights: About 60-65 Degrees:

June 21-30: Mornings: About 70-75 Degrees
Afternoons: About 80-110 Degrees
Evenings: About 70-90 Degrees
Nights: About 70-75 Degrees

THAT IS GREAT! Thank You for taking the time to help me with this. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter