June starts our "Incredible" Summer!

Lindsay- Good luck on your race today!! It sounds awesome to run into the stadium. We saw the Iron Pigs last summer with the Pawtucket red sox. The minor league games are so fun and affordable. The heat and humidity are tough to run in, so take your time and do the best you can with the heat. Having only done one race, I would think you must have to take weather into consideration on your times for each individual race you do. You are going to rock it, girl!!!! Have a blast!!!!

Beth and Lauren-:hug: Sorry you have both been under the weather, and hope you are feeling much better soon.

Amy-:hug:Sorry your race was not what you hoped for, but you did it, and finished in a pretty impressive time for 87 degrees.

Veronica-My eating has been bad this week too. Today we have a mass for my mom, and a gathering afterward, and tomorrow I am determined to get totally back on track, and start tracking all my food again. It's hard in the summer, and so easy to just have one thing after another, but I did that last year and gained 15 pounds, so this year, I will keep in control lose it. I would be the DL half marathon is a pretty awesome motivator for you.

Have a nice sunday.:)

Hi everyone! Just got finished with my race. It was fun although quite difficult. Extreme hills and alot of them. Heat was 86 and very very humid. But I did it. I posted a review and pics on my journal. There is a link in my sig if anyone is interested in checking it out. I cut another minute off of my time. I believe my time was 37:20. Its not official but its close enough.

Have a great day.

Lindsay- yay! Great job. Hills are so killer and to drop time with them and the heat is impressive.

Had a crappy run this morning. Went out too fast and the heat got me. We had to stop early and walk back so we wouldn't hurt ourselves. DH lost 2.5 lbs of sweat! I am going to try to get up before the sun to run a few days and run evenings some days to try to beat the heat.
Hope you all had a great weekend.

Hi everyone! I forgot to post on here over the weekend and I'm about to go to the Y, but wanted to tel lyou guys about my 5K this weekend... I was INCREDIBLE!
It thunderstormed through all of registration and at the starting like but as soon as the gun went off, it stopped... it was just 100% humidity then! The race was all along the river here and I LOVED the course. Very scenic and fun to run. Anyway, right before mile run, I had two runners behind me tell me I had great legs. That just gave me so much more fuel. Anyway, I finished 29:17... 2:03 faster then the 31:20 I ran in my first 5K exactly FIVE weeks ago. I went from a 10:05 pace to a 9:25 pace in five weeks! I was so happy I almost cried! I jsut wnated to break 30:00, not smoke it! It was my and DH's 6 year anniversary so that puppy was all for him! I'm still so excited about it. I'm waiting on the official results because there was a chance I placed in my age group (the race had like 200 people, pretty small).

Anyway, I'm starting my half-marathon training program today... off to the Y!

Hi everyone! I forgot to post on here over the weekend and I'm about to go to the Y, but wanted to tel lyou guys about my 5K this weekend... I was INCREDIBLE!
It thunderstormed through all of registration and at the starting like but as soon as the gun went off, it stopped... it was just 100% humidity then! The race was all along the river here and I LOVED the course. Very scenic and fun to run. Anyway, right before mile run, I had two runners behind me tell me I had great legs. That just gave me so much more fuel. Anyway, I finished 29:17... 2:03 faster then the 31:20 I ran in my first 5K exactly FIVE weeks ago. I went from a 10:05 pace to a 9:25 pace in five weeks! I was so happy I almost cried! I jsut wnated to break 30:00, not smoke it! It was my and DH's 6 year anniversary so that puppy was all for him! I'm still so excited about it. I'm waiting on the official results because there was a chance I placed in my age group (the race had like 200 people, pretty small).

Anyway, I'm starting my half-marathon training program today... off to the Y!

Great job Jess:woohoo:

:thumbsup2 WAY TO GO JESS!!!

All my Incredible girls are rocking the 5k's!!! I am so proud of all of you!!

Day off for me today (from running at least). Back to it tomorrow. I may end up getting some time off work this week, maybe next too. My boss' wife may be discharged from the hospital today and he needs to stay with her for a while. Aside from the diabetes (insulin 5 times per day!) there are "other complications" that he is not discussing per her wishes. So we have no idea what else is wrong with her. Or what impact her illness will have on the office. But the rule is, if he is out, he still pays us no matter what.

Humidity is supposed to break here soon, which will be good for running.

Keep being Incredible girls, you are all awesome!!

Hey veronica glad to hear you may have some paid time off even though its not under the greatest circumstances. At least you will have some summer days to enjoy. These are the days that I really wish I would have chose to be a teacher.:laughing: I try to take most of my vacation days during the summer so I cant complain I guess.

This heat and humidity is horrible. I went out running tonight around 615pm since my dh has a softball game and had to leave by 7. Let me tell ya it was torture. This was the worst weather Ive ran in yet. I feel like I am taking steps backwards with my running. It takes me so much just to keep going and not stop and walk. I know its probably just the weather but Im getting a little discouraged.

Heres wishing for a cold front.:wizard:

Lindsay, it will help you because learning to breath in different conditions will help when its time to race. Thats why the elite athletes train in Colorado or other high altitude places. Then your body learns how to make do with less.

Lindsay, it will help you because learning to breath in different conditions will help when its time to race. Thats why the elite athletes train in Colorado or other high altitude places. Then your body learns how to make do with less.

Thanks veronica, you always have a way of making me feel good.:hug: So your saying when it cools off I will be a speed demon right? :rotfl:

Lindsay, great job with the hills! We have lots of hills around here, and I just think how training and racing on them will make the Princess so much easier. I know there are a couple of inclines on the course, but for the most part, it will be FLAT!

Jess, congrats on beating your time! That is so exciting, and how fun to do it on a special day.

Veronica, enjoy your time off. How nice that you get paid!

I am taking this week off from running. I have been having a twinge in my lower leg near my shin for several weeks. I am worried that if I keep training without a break it will end up being a stress fracture. I guess I'll see how it feels Saturday, which will have been a week since my last run. Since my son has been playing in a baseball tournament since last Thursday, I haven't really had time to do much anyway (other than repeatedly washing the dirt out of his WHITE jersey), so a short break will be nice. My son's team is the number one seed in the district finals tonight, so we're hoping they can keep playing well and finish the tournament with a trophy!

Hope everyone has an Incredible Tuesday!

Lauren- I hope your shin is feeling better soon! Good luck to your son, I hope their team gets the trophy!!!!

The gods have answered my prayers:littleangel::littleangel::littleangel:
It was so nice out tonight still warm but not hot and a lot less humid. There was even a cool breeze. I ran again tonight and although the cooler weather did not turn me into a speed demon it allowed me to run 4 miles straight without stopping and walking!!! a PR for me:woohoo: It took me 50:34 but thats ok it felt good and it was enjoyable. I didnt even get the urge to stop and walk.

I also stepped on the scale today....even though I know Im not supposed to weigh myself daily....I was down 1.4 from yesterday. 1 more lb and I hit the 20 mark. This was my goal. I wanted to loose 20 before vacation and we leave saturday!!!! Heres hoping I can get the pound off quickly.

Good night ladies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter