June starts our "Incredible" Summer!

Good morning, everyone! Tomorrow will have been a whole week since my last run and it's really pissing me off! We had a huge storm come through here Friday night and we have been without power for the last 38 hours. They're saying no power until Tuesday morning. Wonderful. Thank God we got a generator lent to us yesterday evening so all our food doesn't spoil but I still have no way to cook, my house is 80 degrees, no shower, no toilets (we have a pump). Running wise, it's a nay because 1)no treadmill, 2) the YMCA is closed and 3) it's 90 degrees. No thanks. SUCKS!

Anyway, I was going to do personals but my little lady here wants mommy to entertain her with a balloon. See you all soon!

Jess sorry to hear about your power. that really sucks! I hope it gets fixed soon and you can get back to your running.

I am hoping to get a run in at some point today. Its going to be in the 90's so if I dont get it in soon Im in trouble. Dh just went to the local baseball stadium to try to get us seats for todays game at 135pm. It depends what time he gets back if I can run or not. My plan B would be to run later tonight after the sun goes down. Either way I am determined to get it done!

Hope you all enjoy Fathers Day today!

Hope everyone has a great Father's Day! I volunteered at a race this morning for the first time - a 5 miler in Central Park. It was pretty fun. I mostly helped give out bib numbers - you would be surprised, when the line gets really long, how simple things like the alphabet start escaping you. :rotfl2:

After the race, they had kid's races. So adorable to see the 2 and 3 year old kids running up the last 100 yards where the New York Marathon finishes.

Afternoon ladies!!

Hope all the dads in your life are having a great Fathers Day. Mine is off with his GF somewhere, he is a busy man. DH, he is working on his project car today (89 Camaro convertible). We have already had "dinner" and are going in the pool soon. It is very warm and humid here. I ran at 7am and it was really humid and yucky. Should have gotten up earlier, but the dog woke me up at 4:45 when it was storming. I fell back to sleep and didn't wake up until 6:45am.

Weight is coming down again, I am 15.4 lbs from my goal for the DL half. Only 0.6 more pounds and I will see a 1 and a 5 in my weight as the first two numbers!!!:thumbsup2

Jess, sorry to hear about your lack of power. And not being able to run. Hope the weather changes for you soon and you can get back out there.

Lindsay-have fun at the baseball game. We are going to one next weekend, our local AAA team (actually part of the Astros organization, funny we are in NY). It is alumni night for my college, you get a gift and free hot dog and soda.

Amy-isn't volunteering fun? It is nice to be on the other side for a change. It really makes you appreciate the people who support you when you run.

Stay cool if its warm where you are and hydrate well. Enjoy the last of the weekend!

amy- glad you had fun volunteering. It is funny how after awhile when your busy your brain does crazy things. I help my uncle out occasional with an italian food stand he has that he takes to festivals (garlic fest, chili pepper festival, etc) After an hour or two I have a hard time adding the prices together. :rotfl: People probably think Im dumb but really after an hour of serving bruschetta and peppers with mozzerella in the 90 degree heat it makes your brain cells diminish. :lmao:

Veronica- glad you were able to get your run in before the heat came. It was a hot one here today too. We went to the baseball game. Its the AAA league for the Phillies. They played the Yankees so the crowd was a little crazy. My 5 year old yelled at some older guy that was wearing a yankees shirt. He said "the yankees stink...go back to where you came from" I almost died. :eek: I was so embarressed. I guess he does hear more than we think.....:laughing: The phillies fans around us thought it was great and cheered him on which made it even worse.

Since we were at the game until 5pm and then went to my nanas for a fathers day cook out and we didnt get home until 915p I unfortunately did not get my run in. :guilty: I am really disappointed in myself the past few days. I need to re-focus and get back on track.

Well tomorrow is a new day....I am exhausted and completely sunburned so I am off to relax and enjoy whats left of the weekend.

Good morning, everyone! Well, our power is finally back on... after on 47 hours! What a mess. I finally got to the Y yesterday. Did 3.5 miles. Was gonna go for 4 but I didn't want to miss my power pump class. I was bummed my time was 34:50 for that run and my pace was 9:57 since I've been running at 9:40 lately but I did take a week off so go figure. I'll do a three mile run tomorrow and get ready for my 5K on Saturday. It's my sixth wedding anniversary so I'm hoping to really knock one out of the park for that occasion!

mommyof2pirates - I had a hard time getting refocused too. I made myself a to-do list yesterday and that helped so much with watching my eating and getting my exercise in and stuff around the house. I did it again today. I'm a list person so it works like a charm.

Vern - Hurray on your weight loss! You're really rocking it! Oh to see a 1 and a 5 as the first two numbers in my weight... soon enough. Well, not quite. I'm still in the 170s!

Amy - How awesome that you volunteered for a race! I would definitely like to but right now I'm being selfish and am so fixated on running the races.

For our incredibles who are running at DL, check your email. Disney Endurance sent out a message featuring the new medal and the course maps. I love shiny medals!!!:upsidedow

Jess- glad your back in the swing of things. Gosh that must of been torture without power for 47 hrs. Good luck on your race this weekend and happy anniversary!!!

Veronica- shiny medals are so exciting!!!! I cant wait to see a picture of it once you get to the finish line so be sure to share a pic when you return!

Last night I ran a 5K at a higher exertion than my normal speed. I completed it in 36:40. It was really hot and humid even at 8pm. I am really wanting to run my race in 35:00 on sunday. Im hoping for cooler weather...even rain would be nice. I think I may be aiming too high but why not reach for the stars!!!:laughing:

I have now been running and doing weight watchers for 8 weeks. Here are my accomplishments:

16.6 pound weight loss (check out my journal for updated pics)
My 5K then 41:57; My 5K now 36:40
Longest run then 3.1m; Longest run now 4.75m
My clothes then fit tight (I would have to open my button on my pants after lunch in order to breathe); My clothes now fit comfortably and are actually now a little loose.

I hope to continue to my ultimate goal of loosing 60lbs total and running the disney princess 1/2 in feb 2011.

Thanks for helping me along the way...you all are a great team to be on and are so inspiring. Keep up the good work:thumbsup2

My 5 year old yelled at some older guy that was wearing a yankees shirt. He said "the yankees stink...go back to where you came from" I almost died. :eek: I was so embarressed. I guess he does hear more than we think.....:laughing: The phillies fans around us thought it was great and cheered him on which made it even worse.
Oh my god, that is too funny. It is amazing what they pick up. Being from the Boston area, I love it!!

I have now been running and doing weight watchers for 8 weeks. Here are my accomplishments:

16.6 pound weight loss (check out my journal for updated pics)
My 5K then 41:57; My 5K now 36:40
Longest run then 3.1m; Longest run now 4.75m
My clothes then fit tight (I would have to open my button on my pants after lunch in order to breathe); My clothes now fit comfortably and are actually now a little loose.

I hope to continue to my ultimate goal of loosing 60lbs total and running the disney princess 1/2 in feb 2011.
Lindsay, you are doing awesome, and well on your way to your goal for the princess. Congratulations!! I am so inspired by the improvement in your running times, and as time goes on, I hope to be able to see some improvements in mine too.

Good morning, everyone! Well, our power is finally back on... after on 47 hours! What a mess. I finally got to the Y yesterday. Did 3.5 miles. Was gonna go for 4 but I didn't want to miss my power pump class. I was bummed my time was 34:50 for that run and my pace was 9:57 since I've been running at 9:40 lately but I did take a week off so go figure. I'll do a three mile run tomorrow and get ready for my 5K on Saturday. It's my sixth wedding anniversary so I'm hoping to really knock one out of the park for that occasion!
Glad you've got power again. THat must have been so hard, especally with the little ones. Happy Anniversary and good luck on your 5K!

Weight is coming down again, I am 15.4 lbs from my goal for the DL half. Only 0.6 more pounds and I will see a 1 and a 5 in my weight as the first two numbers!!!:thumbsup2
Whoo hoo!!! Awesome job on the weight loss. It is such a great feeling to enter a new decade on the scale. My goal for the summer is to get back to ONE-derland.

I volunteered at a race this morning for the first time - a 5 miler in Central Park. It was pretty fun. I mostly helped give out bib numbers - you would be surprised, when the line gets really long, how simple things like the alphabet start escaping you. :rotfl2:

After the race, they had kid's races. So adorable to see the 2 and 3 year old kids running up the last 100 yards where the New York Marathon finishes.
That sounds like a lot of fun. I bet the little kids were just adorable, and you wonder how many of them will grow up and actually run the marathon one day.

I did 3 miles yesterday and am planning to do 3.5 tomorrow. I'm going to try to add half a mile every couple of weeks, to increase my endurance. Looking at another 5K in august, but I need to wait and see if it's the same night as the cookout at my son's camp, and if it is I won't be able to do it. I think I'd like to try and run a race at least every 2 months as motivation to keep up with the running. Last day of school is tomorrow, so I'm going to sit down and make a schedule with my son so he know's that 2 mornings before camp we'll be running, and he can scooter along, or we'll go to the track, and on the weekend, I'm going to leave him at my brother's for a hour and do a longer run. I have a history of letting the exercise sort of fall to the wayside during the hot summer months, but I can't do that this year if I'm going to run the princess. I need to make it my priority. I feel so much better on the days I've gotten a run/walk in.

Hope you're all having a good week. Happy Summer!!!!

Kathy you are doing so good with your running. I find that having races every month or two are really helpful too. Great job on making a plan to get the running done. Once we commit and sign up for the princess there is no turning back. What are your plans for running during the winter? Will you run outside and just suck it up? I hate the idea of having to use the TM.

Kathy you are doing so good with your running. I find that having races every month or two are really helpful too. Great job on making a plan to get the running done. Once we commit and sign up for the princess there is no turning back. What are your plans for running during the winter? Will you run outside and just suck it up? I hate the idea of having to use the TM.

Oh, my gosh, me too! *eek*

Thanks Lindsay. I hope to run outside right up til the princess. I started in february and ran when it was in the 20s a few times, but we had little snow and ice this past winter. If it's a snowy winter, I might look into joining the Y or a gym with a track. I'd be nervous I'd slip on the ice outside. I don't have a treadmill, and don't really have space for one. I'm also thinking it would be good to run inside for the heat aspect, as we increase our distance outside here it will be cold, but we could have really high temps for the princess, so I'd want to be used to that.
I still can't believe I'm actually running and liking it!!

I have been crazy this week, DS is off school for the week (well preschool:rolleyes1) so I have been working overtime to get appointments in and I took care of DNefew today. Anyway, it has been busy around here.

Finally feeling better from the yuckyness I have been battleing for the past two weeks. I broke down and went to the Dr. Sunday and got antibiotics. They think it was a cold that progressed into a sinus infection. I am finally without a sore throat, so that is good. I ran yesterday with a group that I found that runs around a local mall here in Jax. I am trying to get some speedwork in and I find I am more motivated in a group. I didn't run as fast as two weeks ago, but it was super hot and humid, so I feel good about my run. We then did an abs class after the run, and that was brutal! I like the group and plan on running with them at least a few times a month. I will use it as a 3.5 mile tempo run and see how it goes.

My SIL is going to run the Disney Half with me in Jan! :love:I am so excited. It will be fun to run with her and it will be nice to have company for that race. Now I just need a buddy for the full, any takers?:)

Run on ladies!

I haven't been a very good team member lately. I plan to catch up with everyone's posts, but I wanted to explain my absence. We have been busy, but there's been more than just busyness going on. For the last eight weeks or so, my throat has been bothering me. It started as just a burning sensation, and it progressed to a feeling that my throat was constantly swollen, and I could barely swallow. Of course, my mind immediately jumped to all the worst case scenarios.

After doctors first checked to see if my allergies were the culprit (I was pretty sure this wasn't the case), I visited the ENT and was diagnosed with laryngopharyngeal reflux. This is a condition similar to GERD, but you don't feel the heartburn. Because the reflux is "silent" it can damage your voice box and your throat before you realize that there is a problem. I was so thankful to find out the cause of my symptoms, but I have had to make some big lifestyle changes. If left untreated, LPR can cause permanent damage or even cancer, so I have had to really adjust my diet. I can have no caffeine (bye-bye to my Diet Sundrop addiction and chocolate), no tomato-based products, no fatty or fried foods, and very little dairy. What that leaves me with is a lot of fruits and veggies (raw are preferred). It will take months to control this and for my throat to heal, but I am hopeful that I will eventually be able to eat some of the foods that I love, even if they are in much smaller portions.

Additionally, this condition is linked to asthma, which I was diagnosed with last year. It is possible that the asthma was triggered because of the silent reflux, so I am hopeful that if the reflux is controlled, the asthma will go away as well. Another positive is that I have lost 11 pounds! Initially, I lost weight because my throat was hurting, and I was worried. Now, I am losing weight because I am living on fruits and veggies. I would much rather be reflux-free, but I am excited to be near my pre-pregnancy weight (and it's only taken 8 1/2 years and a medical condition to do that!).

Through all of this, the one thing I have stuck with is my running! We've been having temps near 100, and the humidity makes it feel hotter than that, but I am determined to train for a Labor Day 10K race. I hope I am getting back in the frame of mind to participate here and keep up with all of you. As Jesus said, "Life is more important than food" (but I do admit that I miss the food)!

P.S. Diet Sundrop is a local drink that is a soft drink similar to (but better than) Mt. Dew. With the exception of pregnancy, I have had one every morning and afternoon for the past 13 years--it was like my coffee.

Beth- how exciting glad your SIL is doing the 1/2 with you.:cool1: I will pass on the full but once I see how the 1/2's I plan to do go I might one day consider.:rolleyes1

Lauren- I was wondering where you've been. Sorry to hear about your condition. I hope things improve. Stinks about the food you cant eat but :banana: for the weight loss. You gotta look at the positive side!

Great job with keeping up on your runs. Im sure you will do great at the 10K in sept. I know about the heat. Its been torture around here too. The humidity is disgusting.

Beth & Lauren, hope you are both doing better!

Did my first "night" race tonight. I'm a little frustrated by my time, though. 3 miles - 31:26. 10:29 pace. It was, however, 87 degrees, and I don't think I could have done much better than I did, under the circumstances. It's just frustrating to do all the *right* things (hydrate, sleep well, no alcohol), and be felled by weather conditions you aren't equipped to handle.

Yes amy the heat definitely is a burden these days. Dont get too fustrated it will get cooler eventually! Keep up the good work your doing great:thumbsup2

Amy- sorry your race wasn't what you hoped for:(. The heat is brutal here too, I hate running outside in it.

I am very excited, I book our room for marathon weekend and beyond. We are staying at CBR in a pirate room. It should be great. I love planning vacations <3.

Hi Incredible teammies!!!

I hope you all are doing well. I know everyone gets busy this time of year, myself included. But remember to take time for yourself!!

Lauren, sorry to hear about your condition. Hope that things settle down for you and your new diet works out for you.

Beth, how fun to have your SIL run with you!! I ran with my FIL, and he is running with me again at DL. Its nice to have a partner.

Amy, sorry your race did not go well. I do not run at night at all, so I don't do any races in the evening. Shoot, I don't do races that start after 9am! I am such a morning runner.

Lindsay, keep up the good work with the weight loss. I saw your pix on your journal, can definately see a difference.

For those of you doing Princess, god bless you running outside through January and February. Not me, I am a *wimp* extraordinaire when it comes to cold weather. 30 degrees is my minimum temp and it has to be dry, no ice or snow on the road.

My weight has been up (mostly) and down this week, poor eating choices. Ran 8 miles this morning, was nice out now that the humidity has broken. Ran twice this week in 98% humidity, once was fine, second time was awful. Just plain awful. But hey, its all good. Our life should settle a bit now that school is over. DD is having a friend over tomorrow, then we are going to a ball game in the evening. I get the next 2 Fridays off, so I am looking forward to resting a bit those days.

Beth- CBR pirate room sounds awesome! My boys would love that.

Veronica- I know the heat and humidity has been a killer. I love the summer but am looking forward to running in the fall.:)

Tomorrow is my 5K. Its at our local single A baseball field. (the iron pigs)Phillies. The race begins and ends inside the stadium. You run most of the race outside and when you return into the stadium they announce your name over the PA system. I thought this sounded pretty cool. Im excited although a little nervous. It has been so hot and humid around here this week and tomorrow is supposed to be the hottest. 90 and humid and a heat index of 100. The race does not start until 9am. Hopefully it isnt too bad. I tried to drink alot of water today to make sure I am good and hydrated. I will let you know how it goes!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter