June starts our "Incredible" Summer!

I ran my second 5k this morning, and I finished in 32:53 (this is according to my Garmin--it was a mass start, and I was toward the back, so I am going by when I crossed the starting line). That is 36 seconds faster than my time in April. I was a little disappointed that I didn't finish faster, but it was REALLY humid and hot. The race in April was 60 degrees and cloudy, so I know the weather made a difference today. I also started too strong today, and I could feel it at the end. I'll pace myself better next time! I saw a friend at the race who has done over 30 races, and she said that was one of the worst races she had ever done. She felt like the course was challenging and it was just hot. That made me feel a little better!

Next week, I am going to start training for a 10K on Labor Day. I am really excited to attempt a longer distance!

Great time on your race, Lauren! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Weather is looking iffy for tomorrow's race... 50% chance of rain/thunderstorms at 8am, when the race starts. We'll see, I guess. Estimated 74 degrees, which is warm but not awful, I guess. Hope there's some sort of breeze.

Lauren- great job!! That is a good time, and yes the weather can make things more difficult.

I ran with my DD today for her Girls on the Run 5k. The bike path/trail that they used was nice, although not really that wide. It had a monster hill at mile 1, but since it was an out and back you got to go down it coming back. Unfortunately, DD has a friend who was running and the friends little sister is my DD's book buddy at school. Book buddy just adores my DD and wanted to run with her, but she is only 7 and did not participate in GOTR so she really had no training for running the race. So I got to babysit/keep track of her, since her mom was walking and was quite a bit behind us to start. About .75 miles from the end the mom catches up to me. So I give her the kid and go chasing after my DD, who was with another friend and her mom up ahead. We beat DD's last 5k time by only 10 seconds or so, finishing in 48:51. DD got a medal. They offered me one, but I declined as even though I paid to run, I would rather see the kids get them. There was a nice spread of food and water at the end. It really is a terrific program, and I wish more schools in our area participated in it. They do a program for middle schoool girls, Girls on Track, as well. I am hoping they do it at DD's middle school next year, if not maybe I could figure out a way to coach!

Of course after that running, DD wanted to go to Denny's to eat. I had breakfast (at 11 am) so am not having lunch. I will tell you that not having had my coffee I am feeling pretty tired. And when we got home we took a 2 mile walk through the neighborhood to check out the community wide garage sales. I am ready for a nap now, then off to grocery shop while DH plays golf.

Lauren- great job!! That is a good time, and yes the weather can make things more difficult.

I ran with my DD today for her Girls on the Run 5k. The bike path/trail that they used was nice, although not really that wide. It had a monster hill at mile 1, but since it was an out and back you got to go down it coming back. Unfortunately, DD has a friend who was running and the friends little sister is my DD's book buddy at school. Book buddy just adores my DD and wanted to run with her, but she is only 7 and did not participate in GOTR so she really had no training for running the race. So I got to babysit/keep track of her, since her mom was walking and was quite a bit behind us to start. About .75 miles from the end the mom catches up to me. So I give her the kid and go chasing after my DD, who was with another friend and her mom up ahead. We beat DD's last 5k time by only 10 seconds or so, finishing in 48:51. DD got a medal. They offered me one, but I declined as even though I paid to run, I would rather see the kids get them. There was a nice spread of food and water at the end. It really is a terrific program, and I wish more schools in our area participated in it. They do a program for middle schoool girls, Girls on Track, as well. I am hoping they do it at DD's middle school next year, if not maybe I could figure out a way to coach!

Of course after that running, DD wanted to go to Denny's to eat. I had breakfast (at 11 am) so am not having lunch. I will tell you that not having had my coffee I am feeling pretty tired. And when we got home we took a 2 mile walk through the neighborhood to check out the community wide garage sales. I am ready for a nap now, then off to grocery shop while DH plays golf.

That sounds so fun! Congrats to your daughter. I hope my daughter and I will do races together one day!

Lauren- great time today. I bet you felt good after hearing your friend say how difficult it was. Great job:thumbsup2

Veronica- Woohoo for your daughter. Glad it was fun even though you had a tag along friend. Its wonderful to see programs getting the kids involved with being active. My kids do a race every other saturday at a local parkway. My 3 yr old does a 1/8mile and my 5 year old does 1/2mile. They love it and its so much fun. Free too!

Amy- Good luck at your race tomorrow. Hope the storms hold off!

Good Sunday Morning Incredibles!!

What a busy week and weekend we have been having! After a short nap yesterday, DD and I stopped at Dunkin Donuts for coffee for me, a coolatta for her. Then we were off to Walmart to shop, it wasn't too bad at 4pm. Then we came home and went in the pool (i had to vacuum it) and I watered all the garden/flowers. DH came home and we had a light dinner, it was really hot. Just relaxed finally.

Today is house cleaning and laundry and getting ready for the week ahead. I was going to run this morning (didn't "have" to) but it was raining pretty hard so I opted to stay in bed and sleep!

Amy-let us know how you do on your race.

I ran my second 5k this morning, and I finished in 32:53 (this is according to my Garmin--it was a mass start, and I was toward the back, so I am going by when I crossed the starting line). That is 36 seconds faster than my time in April. I was a little disappointed that I didn't finish faster, but it was REALLY humid and hot. The race in April was 60 degrees and cloudy, so I know the weather made a difference today. I also started too strong today, and I could feel it at the end. I'll pace myself better next time! I saw a friend at the race who has done over 30 races, and she said that was one of the worst races she had ever done. She felt like the course was challenging and it was just hot. That made me feel a little better!

Next week, I am going to start training for a 10K on Labor Day. I am really excited to attempt a longer distance!

:woohoo: Great time, especially in the heat!

Great time on your race, Lauren! :cheer2::cheer2::cheer2:

Weather is looking iffy for tomorrow's race... 50% chance of rain/thunderstorms at 8am, when the race starts. We'll see, I guess. Estimated 74 degrees, which is warm but not awful, I guess. Hope there's some sort of breeze.

:yay: Good luck, Amy!

Congrats on the run with DD, Veronica! :thumbsup2 It's nice of you to be the mentor and show her the good habits she will need all her life. :flower3:

I'm moving on to C25K Week 3 again this week. It is easier this time and I feel alot stronger. I won't be overdoing it again so lesson learned. We had some family stress this week and I really looked forward to my run on Thursday to help me work through it. Running is very good to keep your head in the now! :hippie:

Have a great week!

Good morning, everyone! I only have a minute since my eight month old DD has been horribly sick since I got home from my race yesterday but I wanted to tell you about it...

I did it! I finished a 10K. All running, no walking or stopping, hills and all! My official time was 1:02.07 with a pace of 10:01. I finished 763 out of 1207, 45 out of 94 in my age group and 301 out of 604 in gender group. I rocked it! It was horribly humid, at 90% and it was in the upper 70s. The finish line was at Notre Dame Stadiums 50 yard line. Now I don't like Notre Dame AT ALL but that was awesome... and not even 10 minutes after I crossed the finish line, down came the rain. I feel on top of the world. I did it.

My brother's ex-girlfriend and I are pretty good friends. She claims I inspired her to run and she recently ran 3.5 miles straight for the first time. She's now asking me if I'll do the Indianapolis Half with her on October 16th. I talked to DH and he said to go for it, that since it's only 3 hours from here we'll make a weekend of it and take the kids to the Children's Museum and all. It's exactly 19 weeks away. A 10K wasn't exactly easy but I did it... do you guys think I'm nuts if I do this thing?

Good morning, everyone! I only have a minute since my eight month old DD has been horribly sick since I got home from my race yesterday but I wanted to tell you about it...

I did it! I finished a 10K. All running, no walking or stopping, hills and all! My official time was 1:02.07 with a pace of 10:01. I finished 763 out of 1207, 45 out of 94 in my age group and 301 out of 604 in gender group. I rocked it! It was horribly humid, at 90% and it was in the upper 70s. The finish line was at Notre Dame Stadiums 50 yard line. Now I don't like Notre Dame AT ALL but that was awesome... and not even 10 minutes after I crossed the finish line, down came the rain. I feel on top of the world. I did it.

My brother's ex-girlfriend and I are pretty good friends. She claims I inspired her to run and she recently ran 3.5 miles straight for the first time. She's now asking me if I'll do the Indianapolis Half with her on October 16th. I talked to DH and he said to go for it, that since it's only 3 hours from here we'll make a weekend of it and take the kids to the Children's Museum and all. It's exactly 19 weeks away. A 10K wasn't exactly easy but I did it... do you guys think I'm nuts if I do this thing?

Awesome job on the 10k!!! The weather can be tough sometimes, but as you said you rocked it!! INCREDIBLE job!:thumbsup2

I definately think you can do the half in October. The two training plans I have are 16 weeks, so you definately can do it. And since you have already done a 10k, you have a good base to build on. I say go for it!!! And it is far enough before the Princess that you can recover and train again.

GO FOR IT!!!

Veronica- I hope you have a nice relaxing day today!

Lisa- Great job on the C25K. Remember the saying "slow and steady wins the race". Think of the C25K as slow and steady.....the day will come when you win your race! Sticking to that motto is much better than over doing it. Your doing awesome!

Jess- You do ROCK:thumbsup2 Great time! I visited notre dame once during a cross country road trip with a friend. Im not a ND fan either but what a great campus and stadium.....Did you feel like RUDY? (Hopefully you saw the movie or you will have no idea what Im talking about). I think you definitely should do the 1/2 in oct. your already just about 1/2 way their. I hope your little one is feeling better soon.

I pushed myself alittle last night and ran 4 miles in 48:00. Its my personal distance record! It felt great and I am so confident now more than ever that I can complete a 1/2. I think for the next few weeks I will alternate 3 & 4 miles runs 4x/week. Then in july I will start my 10K training plan. I hope you all have a great sunday!

Jess, awesome job on the 10k! :banana:

4M this morning was pretty good. 42:16 chip time, 10:34 pace. I had a pace of under 10 minutes after the first mile, and had to slow WAY down, since a) I've been training close to an 11 minute pace and b) I have a 10k in seven days. LOL.

374/556 for age and gender, 4185/5464. Not bad, I thought, Could've gone a bit faster, but didn't want to push it.

Congratulations! What an awesome time! I know you must be so excited. I think you'll do great in a half this fall!

Jess, awesome job on the 10k! :banana:

4M this morning was pretty good. 42:16 chip time, 10:34 pace. I had a pace of under 10 minutes after the first mile, and had to slow WAY down, since a) I've been training close to an 11 minute pace and b) I have a 10k in seven days. LOL.

374/556 for age and gender, 4185/5464. Not bad, I thought, Could've gone a bit faster, but didn't want to push it.

Great job, Amy! I am impressed that you are doing both races back to back. You're going to do awesome!

In the race I did on saturday alot of younger kids ran with their parents since it was a small local community race. They all would sprint as fast as they could for 30 seconds and then stop and walk like they were dying then they would sprint again. They did this over and over again and half of them looked like they were going to drop before the end of the race. Hope your daughter will listen to you. You know that age they always think their right. :laughing: At least thats how I remember it;)
This is exactly what my son tries to do when I try to get him to run with me. It works better if he rides his scooter alongside me for our runs. I would love for him to run with me one day, but he doesn't seem too interested. I think after I do my race next week and he sees that maybe he'll want to try it.

Congratulations to everyone on your runs. Looks like you all are doing really well.

I'm still walk/running half and half, and that's working good for me, and really concentrating on following ww and losing some weight. I did register for my first official 5k on the 16th, and after work I went and ran the route of it, and it was pretty flat, so that made me happy.

Hope you're all having a nice weekend.

I talked to DH and he said to go for it, that since it's only 3 hours from here we'll make a weekend of it and take the kids to the Children's Museum and all. It's exactly 19 weeks away. A 10K wasn't exactly easy but I did it... do you guys think I'm nuts if I do this thing?

I don't think you're crazy at all. My first 10k was May 15th, and my first Half is going to be the Disney Wine and Dine on 10/2. After my 10k next Sunday, I'm going to start adding half a mile a week on my long runs.

excellent job amy! Great time!

Mikamah- Maybe once your son sees how fun the races are it might make him more interested. Dont worry if not he is still young and sometimes just going out and running could seem a little boring at that age. Is there any youth runs around your area. Those are usually alot more fun for kids. They run together and people cheer, sometimes there is music and entertainment, etc. Good job on your running. You will do awesome in your first 5K!

Eeek, this is why I need to pay more attention. I just figured out that the 10k that I thought was Sunday is actually SATURDAY, giving me 6 days between races rather than 7. Not a huge deal, but it changes my training week dramatically.

Morning everyone!!

Cooler temperatures here in upstate NY, which means comfortable running in the am! Today was perfect, ran 3 miles in 30:29, 10:09 avg pace. Didn't feel like I was running too hard.

Food continues to be a struggle, my weight seems to bounce around the same few pounds and I just can't break through. Patience, I need to be patient. It will happen.

Hope everyone has a good Tuesday!

Weather has been cooler here too. It was great to run last night. No humidity what so ever. I ran around my nana's house since dh was gone at a conference overnight. My parents whatched the kids while I ran. I didnt realize how many hills surrounded my nana's and since I didnt know the area well it seemed like my route went up all of them. I completed 3.66 in 47 minutes. Not to good considering the other night I did 4 in 48. Ya well at least I did it. I have a dinner to go to tonight with a speaker about Patient Centered Medical Home which is what we are doing at my office. Its at a really nice resturaunt in our area called MELT. Im not sure whats on the menu so hopefully there are some healthy options. I will be weighing in today instead of yesterday since I was out of the office I will let you know later how Im doing.

Hope your all having a great start to your week!

Hope everyones week is going well. Mine is busy as ever but only a few more weeks until my vacation:yay: I am looking forward to some relaxation!

Today was weigh in day today. I lost another 1.4lbs. Its coming off slowly but surely.

6 weeks total loss= 14.0lbs

I have decided to add a 20-30 minute workout on my non-running days and tonight I thought I would try some videos on you tube. I did ZUMBA! It was a lot of fun even though it was just me in my basement. It really is a good workout. I realized my hips just dont move like they used too. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter