June starts our "Incredible" Summer!

VernRDH

Sharing the same birthday with my baby girl and Mi
Its another month, 30 more days to be INCREDIBLE!!! Lots going on at my house this month, with DD "graduating" from 5th grade and all the activities that go with that. Training continues for me, DH and DD continue to work towards their 5k at DL as well.

Keep up the great work friends, everyone is doing great, well INCREDIBLE really!!:thumbsup2

Here is our roster: if you are missing or any info is missing, just let me know.

VernRDH~Veronica------11/18/70----------Disneyland Half
ladytink75~Melinda
roomthreeseventeen~Amy-----3/24/80---------Wine and Dine Half
lisah0711~Lisa------7/11 ------------- Princess Half
Mickeys#1Fan4ever~Patsy-----1/18/65----------Disneyland Half
mikamah~Kathy
leeshiebean~Alicia
ScubaMickey~Linda-----11/3 ---------Princess 5k
3TinksAndAnEeyore~Stephanie
MickeyMomTo2~Lauren------ 3/12 ------------Princess Half
PlainJane~Amy
kelleydea~Kelley
donac~Dona 5/29
escape~Susie Disneyland Half
tassma~Tassma
ADPiSpaz16~Jess------4/16----------------Princess half
momof2minnies~Linda------------- Expedition Everest Challenge WDW 5k and Half 2011.
lyncecelia~
stampinggoddess~
MommyTaraLee~TaraLee
mommyof2pirates~Lindsay-------------1/18/79--------Princess Half
nov02mom~Kristen

Hard to believe it is the first of June already. Where does the time go?

Did the treadmill this morning, as it was pouring rain when I got up. I slacked quite a bit the last few days food wise, so I really have to get back on track. I can honestly say I have no desire to eat another hot dog, macaroni or potato salad or even one of my veggie burgers for a while!

Oooo! Brand new shiny thread! :goodvibes

:bday:party:, escape (Susie) Hope that your day is a great one! :flower3:
Your birthday wasn't on the list but we found out the date on the BL thread. :goodvibes

I read alot of the Marathoning for Mortals book this week-end and am working on my training plans for the Princess. I will use the summer to get the C25K down (again ;)) and start working on some 5K and maybe a little longer races for the fall. Based on the plans in the book, I would start around the first of November for the half. I think I'll be better off with a lot more running under my belt before that day comes around.

My goals for the Princess are: finish, don't get swept, don't get hurt. princess:
'
Sorry for the fly by post, still coaching the BL challenge this week! Have an INCREDIBLE day!

Happy Birthday, Susie.

Spent most of the holiday weekend sick at home (thanks for the cold, boyfriend!) Plus, I've been dealing with some girlie issues (just had a Paragard inserted last month), so I haven't been super active. I have a 4M race on Sunday, and then a 10k on June 12th, and a 5M on June 26. I hope that's not too much for my poor body!

Hope everyone has an Incredible Tuesday. Only four days this week!

Good morning, everyone! Happy June. I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend. I only ran one day outta the whole weekend and it was only 3 miles, in an awful awful time but that's OK. My first 10K is this Saturday. I'm excited but nervous... they're predicting a high of 82, low of 67 and thunderstorms. So I'm either going to be completely drenched by rain at 7:45 in the morning so I'll be drenched in sweat from the humidity. ::GULP::

I'm gonna do a five mile run tonight and then do some intervals tomorrow or Thursday morning and then rest before the race. It's been almost 2 weeks since I last ran 6.5 miles. I hope that doesn't hurt me.

Vern - I hope training is going well for you. Unfortunately for me, unlike you, I can definitely still tear up some hot dogs and burgers... but I'm not gonna!

Lisah - I LOVE Marathoning for Mortals. I'm reading Run Like a Mother now and that's absolutely fabu! I think I'm going to use MFM's training program too. I liked the layout of it.

Amy - You and I must have been posting at the same time. Feel better! I had a Paragard put in in December. It was kinda rough. Three months of spotting and just blah but I love that it has no hormones. I really really like it now. I hope you do too! I think you're awesome for all those races and I'm sure you can handle it. I have my 10K on Saturday then I have a 5K on the 26th (mine and DH's 6 year anniversary... trying to convince him to run it with me). I'd run more but money doesn't allow it!

Amy - You and I must have been posting at the same time. Feel better! I had a Paragard put in in December. It was kinda rough. Three months of spotting and just blah but I love that it has no hormones. I really really like it now. I hope you do too! I think you're awesome for all those races and I'm sure you can handle it. I have my 10K on Saturday then I have a 5K on the 26th (mine and DH's 6 year anniversary... trying to convince him to run it with me). I'd run more but money doesn't allow it!

Thanks... yeah, I had some spotting initially, and now that it's "that time of the month" all hell seems to have broken loose, LOL. However, we leave for Wine & Dine Half Marathon four months from today, so I can't just stop training.

Regarding money for races, yeah. I hear ya. Fortunately, New York Road Runners has an awesome program where it's only $18 per race if you're a member.

Want to make sure everyone sees the new thread for June!!

Veronica- I hear ya about the hotdogs, hamburgers, and macaroni salad. I was able to mostly control myself over the weekend but I wont be craving these foods again any time soon.

Lisa- I am following the MFM too. I am thinking of doing the run but once I get further into my training I may change to the run/walk. I guess I have until november to see how it goes.

Amy- having a cold really stinks when you need to run. I hope it clears up for you soon. Boy you have a lot planned for this month. Good luck with all your races. What is paragard? I had Mirena put in 2 years ago. Is it the same type of thing?

Jess- Ive had runs like that too. Im sure the race will go much better. I hope the weather turns out good for you. The race I did on saturday turned out to be cloudy and 70's and the forecast all week said 86 sunny and chance of rain so hopefully it will turn out good for you too!

:bday:Happy Birthday Susie!

Today was my weigh in day since yesterday I was off from work and I use that scale since its a doctors office scale and seems more accurate. I was surprised to see the number since I thought I over indulged a little with the holiday.

I am down another 2.6lbs! :yay::jumping1:
5 week total= 12.6lbs

I am so thrilled and excited to keep it going.

I ran tonight in the humid sticky weather but it felt really good. I added 3 minutes onto my run. I thought I was going at a much faster pace and only walked for a few seconds a few times throughout the run but when I came home and mapped it out I only went .1 longer than last week. :confused3

so in 41 minutes I ran 3.2 miles. Well at least I did it. Thats all the matters.

Lindsay, great job on the weight loss!

Paragard is just like Mirena, but without the hormones. :-)

Ran a not very quick but very easy 2.27 miles in 25:55 tonight. Felt awesome. I decided to try Galloway's half marathon training for a bit, and see how I do.

Hi all!!

Lindsay-great job on the weight loss!:thumbsup2 Keep up the good work!

Amy-hope you are feeling better soon! I looked into the Mirena and Paragard, but we stuck with Depo Provera injections. Easy to have DH give me the shot 4x year, and the best side effect-no period in over 8 years! Gotta love it.

For those reading/following Marathoning for Mortals, I am right there with you. I am reading it again, the info never gets old.

Ran outside on this beautiful morning, 3 miles in 30:17, not too bad. I am still feeling sluggish from the poor eating over the weekend, but things are getting better. DD and I are doing her Girls on the Run 5k this weekend, so I will not be running fast. She did her first one in December in 49 minutes. We are going to shoot for under 45 minutes this time. I think if she a)listens to me and stays with me and b) doesn't buddy up with other girls who are unprepared to run then she will do just fine.

Sorry for the quick fly by, but I am at work. Have a great INCREDIBLE day!

Lindsay, great job on the weight loss!

Paragard is just like Mirena, but without the hormones. :-)

Ran a not very quick but very easy 2.27 miles in 25:55 tonight. Felt awesome. I decided to try Galloway's half marathon training for a bit, and see how I do.

What do you think the hormones do? I still notice I get horrible PMS with it. the week of I feel miserable and irritated. Do you think it has anything to do with it or is it just me? Overall I like it but it said after a year most women no long get their period. Well I still do :headache:

Let me know how that plan is, I am planning to do the MFM training plan but I didnt really look into any others.

Hi all!!

Lindsay-great job on the weight loss!:thumbsup2 Keep up the good work!

Amy-hope you are feeling better soon! I looked into the Mirena and Paragard, but we stuck with Depo Provera injections. Easy to have DH give me the shot 4x year, and the best side effect-no period in over 8 years! Gotta love it.

For those reading/following Marathoning for Mortals, I am right there with you. I am reading it again, the info never gets old.

Ran outside on this beautiful morning, 3 miles in 30:17, not too bad. I am still feeling sluggish from the poor eating over the weekend, but things are getting better. DD and I are doing her Girls on the Run 5k this weekend, so I will not be running fast. She did her first one in December in 49 minutes. We are going to shoot for under 45 minutes this time. I think if she a)listens to me and stays with me and b) doesn't buddy up with other girls who are unprepared to run then she will do just fine.

Sorry for the quick fly by, but I am at work. Have a great INCREDIBLE day!

In the race I did on saturday alot of younger kids ran with their parents since it was a small local community race. They all would sprint as fast as they could for 30 seconds and then stop and walk like they were dying then they would sprint again. They did this over and over again and half of them looked like they were going to drop before the end of the race. Hope your daughter will listen to you. You know that age they always think their right. :laughing: At least thats how I remember it;)

Just a short post to get back on the thread for the month. Where has the first three days of June gone?

Will be back some time this weekend.

Evening, everyone!
I did 2.5 miles in intervals today and then 2.5 miles on the bike at a moderate pace. I didn't want to go nuts today, and I'm definitely taking tomorrow off as my first 10K is Saturday. Bring it on! Tuesday night I ran 4.5 miles at like 9:30 at night and it was awesome. I'm picking up my packet tomorrow at noon and I just cannot wait!

mommyof2pirates - My 5K two weeks ago was just like what you described. All these kids gunning it and then having to walk. I was getting passed left and right and then at the end, left them in the dust. I ended up 226 out of 380. Was hoping for better but not bad for my first race.

Vern - I hope your race with DD is fantastic this week. How old is she? I look at all those kids that ran that race with their parents two weeks ago and I can't wait until mine are old enough to do that!

Amy - How are you feeling with the Paragard? I wanted the no hormone option myself. We had huge infertility issues before my DS was born so I didn't want to mess with hormones. Plus, when you're ready to get pregnant, you take it out and you're off and running.

For those of you reading Marathoning for Mortals (or even if you're not), I'm currently reading Run Like a Mother and I HIGHLY recommend it. It's jam-packed with awesome info, it's light and funny but it's also designed just for women, especially moms. I love it. I'll read it again and again.

Oh yeah, a little PR thing. I started blogging. It's about running and health and fitness and being a mom and a woman and all that stuff mixed together. It's my journey of losing 100lbs once and being about to do it again since having baby #2. If you're interested, I'd love for you guys to check it out: http://milesofamother.blogspot.com.

Nighty night, ladies!

Jess, good luck on your 10k on Saturday!!! I've got a 4M on Sunday, which I treating as a warm-up to next weekend's 10k. Clearly I'm insane.

Re: Paragard... it's a mixed bag so far. No verdict just yet.

TGIF tomorrow! Its been crazy at work and Im so glad its almost the weekend again.

Jess- I just checked out your blog. Your are an awesome writer. So inspiring to hear your story. Great job on the weight loss and good luck working through the issues. I come from a slovak family and I was always told to eat, eat, eat. Then after kids when I became heavy everyone is like "god your going to eat that now?" "You really should watch what you eat". I know the feeling. Its hard when you dont have the ground work of being healthy laid out for you in your childhood. I am also trying so hard to not just tell my children but to show them how to be healthy.
Good luck on your race!

Jess, good luck with your race on Saturday!

I am running my second 5K on Saturday. I really want to beat my time from April, but we'll see. I know I am faster and stronger now, but at the race in April, it was 60 degrees and cloudy. We'll have to see how the heat and humidity affect me tomorrow!

Hope everyone has an incredible Saturday!

Good luck Lauren! Hope you can beat your time. the heat and humidity does slow you down but just do your best! Cant wait to hear about it.

Hi Incredibles!

I feel like it has been forever since I've checked in and I've missed so much! Already in June ~ wow! Where has the year gone. Just doing a quick scan it seems like everyone is doing incredibly well with their training and I want to say Good Luck to all who are running races this month. Unfortunately for me I haven't been doing too good on my training. I did get out last Sunday morning and run a 6 miler but it was not a good run at all. I went later in the day and it was warm and for some reason I am having some issues with my right knee. It is really hurting under my knee cap when I run....anyone else ever had this problem?

My parents were in town for a week and then we had graduation last Friday night so I was happy to fit in some sort of run. So hard for me to believe that I now have a college student and my youngest is now a junior so in two years I'll be an empty nester....that is so scary sounding!

I don't see me getting much running done in the next 5 days either. Me and the boys caught a midnight flight out of Sacramento last night and arrived in Memphis this morning at 8:30 and we are here until Wednesday. I'm having DS a graduation party here in Memphis where all of our family and friends are and then on Monday and Tuesday we have to go to Cleveland Mississippi for DS freshman orientation at Delta State University. Busy.....Busy....Busy! I'm hoping to maybe get in a run tomorrow morning but wow the humidity here is something I'm not use to anymore! And I won't even get started on my eating these past couple of weeks.....but after next week I am getting back on the wagon with my eating!

Again Good Luck to you all on your races! Have an awesome weekend everyone :woohoo:

Wow patsy your all over the US this week. Have a great time. Dont worry you can hop back on the wagon next week. Enjoy yourself and the celebration of your son's accomplishments!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter