June Planning

Lauree

Mouseketeer
Our family trip is June 8-14. Our tickets have the water park add on. I am trying to decide how to work out a plan. Should I avoid going to the water parks on the weekend? Initially, I planned only one day at DHS b/c that is all I thought we'd want. We have a Fantasmic Package booked already, but it's on June 12th which is the last day of Star Wars events. Now, I'm afraid it will be so crowded on the 12th we won't get to do much. In my initial plan, I avoided all EMH parks- should I change that? This is our 2nd trip, but the first time our children were only 6 and 2. They will be 8 and 11 for this trip. We will want to do more of the "big rides" this time. I appreciate any/all advice.

TIA

Hi Lauree,

We are going to WDW on June 9th to the 18th so that we are in the same situation. We used touringplans.com to help plan out the day. Here are a couple of our findings:
- We are avoiding the water parks on the weekend thinking that they are also days that get a lot of local Annual Passers. Not that I am saying anything bad about them (they are not like a Brazilian Tour Group), it just makes the park more crowded.
- Touringplans.com says to avoid DHS on June 12th due to Star Wars Weekend. If you kids want to ride the more adventurous rides (e.g. RnR Coaster, Tower of Terror), you may want to pick another day. The 13th looks OK.

That's all I got.

We will be there the exact same days. I was advised to avoid SWW, but I am also avoiding Fantasmic, so we are going to HS on Monday the 13th. It looks like your only Fantasmic day that is not SWW is the 9th. I have also read that if you must go to HS during SWW, Friday would be the best.

Our plan:
Arrival afternoon- 8th: Epcot
9th: MK with morning EMH
10th: AK
11th: MK
12th: Epcot
13th: HS

We may fit in a water park during part of one day, but we will pay at the gate as it will only be once, so we will just decide as we go along.

I am not on Touringplans, but I know from another post that on the 11th and 12th we are going to the best parks according to them, unless that's changed. Also according to easywdw.com.

Thanks so much for the advice!! We will probably plan an extra day for DHS since the 12th will be crowded. We really want to see fantasmic and since I already have a package booked I think I'll just keep it. We'll just go knowing the crowd level will be high that day.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter