• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June No Buy!

wishesuponastar

DIS Veteran
quoting Stayhomemom: Many of us are repeat customers but for those that are new to the concept...

Here we track our No Buy days for the month (in this case June).

You can set a goal of a certain amount to achieve and decide whether to exclude bills, gasoline and groceries or whatever you like.

Good luck everyone!

June - I will try to have 7 no-buy days. I track DH spending too so that makes it doubly hard to have a no-buy day. I don't track bills or gas. My goal for groceries is to spend under $525 including soaps, etc. for our family of 4.

1 - $23 groceries
2- no buy 1
3- $46 groceries
4- $95 Costco , Walmart and Payless (( having a 50% off sandals sale))
5- $15 groceries
6 - $28 Costco (birthday cake for DD13, milk and muffins - did you know they have a new one, carrot & walnut? ((Michaels - Henna kit for party)
7- $54 pizza for party
8- Petco fish supplies, lunch out, $13 for DD HS concert tshirt and dinner
9- $10 farmers market
10- $35 groceries
11 - Dinner out for DD's birthday
12 - car repair $431
13 - $68 groceries (8 was for a razor) $15 farmer's market lots of veggies for BBQ, $11 beer, $90 Costco (28 was dog food)
14- dinner out, bulbs for brake light
15- bagels , cheese and beer
16- no buy 2
17 - $56 Costco, $4.50 farmer's market, Walmart
18 - $4 groceries
19 - Wendy's lunch

Yay!!!! :goodvibes My goal will be.. 10-15 no buy days. I do include gas, my one credit card bill, and my car payment. Including those, I will try to not spend more than $350-$380 (gotta have a range!!!) That way I should be able to put about $250 or so in my Disney fund!!! Hopefully more! :cool1:

June 1: $2.00 - cat food

I LOVE this idea. I definitely need to rack up these no buy days to save money for hotel bookings for more runDisney events ;) My no buy will refer to random items I don't need (I'm addicted to stuff). I'm a horrible impulse buyer, I love going to Target after work (the black hole!) and get scammed into so many "buy one get one half off" deals. I'll also be tracking my work lunches because if I don't plan ahead I will spend $7.50+ on Chipotle literally every day (which I love but not good for the wallet especially if I have groceries at home!)

June 1 -No buy! (I wanted to go to Hot Topic to get the gorgeous renaissance dress from the Maleficent line; I would have bought more than one as they always have the bogo deals there so I'm pretty proud of me for not stepping foot inside!)
June 2 -No buy!*(For lunch I had leftover half of portabello mushroom burger I got when my brother took me out for dinner <3)
June 3 - Bought a rice cooker though $30 (For lunch I had leftover spicy edamame and tofu tacos)
June 4 -No buy!*(lunch was quinoa with tofurky sausage and a salad made up before work)
June 5-12 - it was all a blur. I bought a rice cooker, and signed up for the Rebel Challenge and Star Wars 5k so a good chunk of change went to that, and flights for Wine and Dine half. Oh my. though I'm happy to say through all of this I didn't buy lunch once.
June 13 -No buy! (lunch was a banana with a heap of peanut butter and blueberries because I didn't plan ahead!)

Will I still want this in 30 days? a.k.a my list of the things I would have otherwise purchased (if they are not longer in stock/not for sale anymore at the end of the month then it wasn't meant to be!) :) : Hot Topic Maleficent dress

Hi all! I'd like to join! June will be a tough month as I have 3 kids in dance. My goal is 12 no buy days. I will not count bills or gas. My three worst habits are not preplanning meals so I make extra runs to the grocery, buying for other people because it makes me happy (and poor), and not planning ahead for work =$6 crappy lunch. I would like to cash flow my WDW trip in Aug. I need $3000!! Eek!

Day 1: $22 for groceries.

Woo Hoo! I'm definitely in for June! I don't count bills or gas (as bills are almost all on autopay and we use a special credit card for gas). I am a HUGE spender so we do cash only for everything that isn't household bills. I have a pretty strict budget so I am aiming for 18 no-buy days!

June 1- (DH's birthday so I had to stop and get a few groceries for my in-laws dinner) $6.00

Count me in! I use YNAB and every day in the morning I manually enter in all of our transactions for the previous day and holy cow do I spend little bits here and there that really add up. I need to be better at planning ahead. I finally got the hang of YNAB but now I need to start actually following the rules and budgeting because until now it has just been to track expenses. Now, I have a good baseline of our spending habits and time to start cutting the excess...this is not going to be easy but I am hopeful! My goal is to do as many No Buys days as possible but lets say at least 10 in the month. Bills, groceries, and gas won't count because my major weakness is eating out and misc stuff. I may not post a whole lot but I will be keeping track...Thanks all!!!!!:cool1: June 1: No buy June 2: lunch supplies for the week at trader joes $28 June 3: No buy June 4:No buy June 5: breakfast $8.00 June 6: field trip lunch and snacks $24 Team Dinner for tournament $40 June 7: Target for household items June 8: No buy June 9: Snack for games June 10: snacks for games June 11: snacks for game and lunch June 12: 4/10 no buy days

Darn it! I totally lost track...i will try again next month...june no buy...fail.

Trying for 10 no buy days this month, and adding to the vacation fund.

June 1 - clothes and lunch (But now the kids should be set for the summer)

This is my first time to participate :goodvibes

Sunday June 1st No Buy (At home all day)
Monday June 2nd No Buy (carried lunch to work)
Tuesday June 3rd $10 (lunch at Mexican restaurant)
Wednesday June 4th $25 (gas money to my cousin for taking my daughter to college for kids this week)
Thursday June 5th No Buy (carried lunch to work)

June 2: No buy!
June 3:
June 4:
June 5:
June 6:
June 7:
June 8:
June 9:
June 10:
June 11:
June 12:
June 13:
June 14:
June 15:
June 16:
June 17:
June 18:
June 19:
June 20:
June 21:
June 22:
June 23:
June 24:
June 25:
June 26:
June 27:
June 28:
June 29:
June 30:

Well, I made my May goal of 15 no buy days because we had a car break down and I had no money left to spend! Sometimes I feel like we're jinxed. In April we finally paid off both cars- an extra $675 a month! we were so excited to start stashing extra money in our emergency envelopes and savings. Third week of May (coincidentally the week our car payments used to be due) car breaks down to the tune of $685. I try to look on the bright side... at least we had no car payments and we had about $125 in our car emergency envelope, but sometimes it feels like no matter how much we budget and plan we can not get ahead. Sorry for venting...time to start working for June!!!

I want to join too. I need 14 no buy days I overspent in may and need to get back on track. No bills or gas

June 1: food $?
June 2: itunes card $8

Well yesterday didn't turn out quite like I had planned! I ended up running to the store to get allergy meds before teaching swim lessons and ended up getting a new swim suit! OOPS:rotfl:

June 1- (DH's birthday so I had to stop and get a few groceries for my in-laws dinner) $6.00
June 2-$45 on swim clothes for work, sunscreen and allergy meds

Well, I made my May goal of 15 no buy days because we had a car break down and I had no money left to spend! Sometimes I feel like we're jinxed. In April we finally paid off both cars- an extra $675 a month! we were so excited to start stashing extra money in our emergency envelopes and savings. Third week of May (coincidentally the week our car payments used to be due) car breaks down to the tune of $685. I try to look on the bright side... at least we had no car payments and we had about $125 in our car emergency envelope, but sometimes it feels like no matter how much we budget and plan we can not get ahead. Sorry for venting...time to start working for June!!!

Sorry about your car problems. Glad you have no more car payments though .

June 2: No buy!
June 3: $4.04 - cat food, toothpaste. $31.43 - gas.
June 4: $36.00 - credit card bill. $70 - went into Hot Topic...came out with lots of Disney things :) Im sorry!! Haha

No buy days: 1/10
Money spent: $143.47/$350

Seriously hoping for some no buy days to happen soon ;) Last night I rad to the store for milk and ended up getting 2 gallons of milk, 2 boxes of popcicles and 7 candy bars! Good thing is I only paid $6.43 for everything! :cool1: Have to do grocery shopping either today or tomorrow then I should be able to get in some no-buy days!

June 1- $6.00
June 2- $45
June 3- $6.43

Joining in. Last month was way too spendy for my taste. My June goal is 14 no buy days. I will be tracking non-bill spending.

6/1- $53.65 Target (groceries and household) and $20.99 target pharmacy.
6/2- $0
6/3- $0
6/4- $69.04 Aldi and $20.41 Heinens

2/14 No buy days

It's been a few months, but, I'm back in. Need you all to keep me accountable for my spending. lol
I always shoot for 15 No-Buys. So here we go.

06/01 $20.00 odds and ends
06/02 -0-:cheer2:
06/03 -0-:cheer2: Daughter treated to dinner out.
06/04 -0-:cheer2: Calling it now..going right home from work.
06/05
06/06
06/07
06/08
06/09
06/10
06/11
06/12
06/13
06/14
06/15
06/16
06/17
06/18
06/19
06/20
06/21
06/22
06/23
06/24
06/25
06/26
06/27
06/28
06/29
06/30

Whew! Late to the party this month...but I'm doing okay so far. I've got a Mediterranean cruise in July to save for (just spending money and some "on our own excursion" expenses left at this point) and a Christmas Disney trip to scrape together the money for after that.

Still only tracking MISC expenses for this month, although we are trying to stay below the budgeted amounts in the food and gasoline categories.

Aiming for as many No Buy days as possible...25 would be great!!

June

1-$0
2-$12.85 for propane refill so we can bbq
3-$0
4-$0

I generally roll the propane refills into my food budget but since that is tight this month as well, I decided to bite the bullet and take it from my weekly Walking Around Money (WAM).

3/25 No Buy Days

Today I didn't make it to the grocery store but I did make it to the bread store. We were able to score 5 loaves of our favorite bread, a HUGE loaf of sourdough, 3 bags of mini bagels and a thing of english muffins and the kids both got a special drink and cookie (last day of school treats). Then we got a free bag of chips and a box of cupcakes. All for less than $13 so not to bad.

June 1- $6.00 (Albertsons)
June 2- $45 (Fred Meyer)
June 3- $6.43 (Albertsons)
June 4- $12.75 (Bread Store)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter