June/July/August ... the lesser of 3 evils

2Tiggies

Near to Tigger's House
Weather, crowds and flight prices

Who can give me a comparison between the three? Or are they all pretty similar. Those are 3 months we have never traveled to Florida. We've done April/early May, September and October to give you an idea of what we're used to.

I don't have issues with busy parks so that would never be a deciding factor but constant rain and flight prices will have a bit more clout in influencing the decision.

Thanks peeps :goodvibes

We did June last year and going July this year (have to fit to DD school holidays now) and the flights direct with Virgin PE were virtually the same as we fly before the main school holidays start in England. The flight prices jumped the weekend after we fly by £300 when we booked :scared1:

The weather will be hot all three months and last June we caught a TS which meant 3 days of rain however that could happen any of the months.

We will be going early July for the foreseeable future as the flight prices are the lowest we can get during DD school holidays.

We've been in August and Sept/Oct.

August wasn't as bad as we thought, it was hot and the queues were about 1-2 hours but to be honest it didn't seem that bad as there's so much to see/do in the queues. The fast passes did run out quick though

Sept/Oct was cooler, we went the last week in Sept and could use the pool but the first week in Oct was a lot cooler and the kids didn't use the pool, there were more rain storms but they passed quickly, the queues were shorter for some rides but some were still about an hour.

Saying that we are going back in Aug 2014 :)

Hope this helps and good luck

Weather, crowds and flight prices

Who can give me a comparison between the three? Or are they all pretty similar. Those are 3 months we have never traveled to Florida. We've done April/early May, September and October to give you an idea of what we're used to.

I don't have issues with busy parks so that would never be a deciding factor but constant rain and flight prices will have a bit more clout in influencing the decision.

Thanks peeps :goodvibes

i have been in june (1st week) and august (last 2 weeks).

My preference was august. actually we go every year now at the end of august. i find it to be more crowded in june.. end of august the crowds are down but we did have to worry a few times about looming hurricanes. the last one took a turn and hit us at home and delayed our departure by a few days. i don't see too much of a difference in weather. it's HOT and sticy in both june and august. a few degrees doesn't really matter either way at that point!!!

The weather will be hot all three months and last June we caught a TS which meant 3 days of rain however that could happen any of the months.

We will be going early July for the foreseeable future as the flight prices are the lowest we can get during DD school holidays.

Looks like your DD's school has a similarly timed break as ours do. Did you find July flight prices better than June? I would have assumed June would have been better, but I'll go with the flow (and the deals) :dance3:

i have been in june (1st week) and august (last 2 weeks).

My preference was august. actually we go every year now at the end of august. i find it to be more crowded in june.. end of august the crowds are down but we did have to worry a few times about looming hurricanes. the last one took a turn and hit us at home and delayed our departure by a few days. i don't see too much of a difference in weather. it's HOT and sticy in both june and august. a few degrees doesn't really matter either way at that point!!!

Thanks, unfortunately late August is not an option for us as DD's school closes for the summer in late June and they are back again early August. If they were off the whole month of August I probably would have just gone and booked the last 2 weeks anyway. I will have to work with what I have.

Crowd-wise, early June and late August are best. Avoid the week of 4th of July.

Now I am a bit strange - I know - but I looked at the provisional dates I'd pegged if we went in June and thought I'd add on a couple so that we could be there for July 4th :rotfl:

Looking at Scottish school summer holidays too for our next visit, either next year or 2015, so interested to hear people's views as well, as I've never been at this time of year.

Looking at hotel prices, crowd levels, weather etc I figured the last week in July and the first week in August was our best bet.

I thought I'd avoid July 4th! :rotfl2:

Now I am a bit strange - I know - but I looked at the provisional dates I'd pegged if we went in June and thought I'd add on a couple so that we could be there for July 4th :rotfl:

Well we did end of June into July two years ago and were there for the 4th of July fireworks at MK. We loved it and had such good fun - we staked out at a nice spot right by the hub and stayed there for a couple of hours to watch the fireworks.

The rest of the time the parks were really busy from the day we arrived (27th) until we left (10th) but we always manage to get there for rope drop and fast pass what we want so the crowds never spoiled our time. Like you, we aren't bothered by crowds - been Easter and New Year and still had great times:goodvibes

Last year we were there early August - seemed to be a little less busy as there were very few BTGs around (loads in July!).

Weather wise, I don't think there is much difference all three months but I think August is probably slightly less rainy but again that really depends on any storm systems which you can never really predict.

This year we will be there from July 6th to 26th but personally, I would have chosen August were it not for the fact that the trip is to celebrate my eldest son's graduation and he starts work beginning of August.

So, yes, August ideally but I wouldn't stress about going any of those months - just see what the prices are like.

Me too :rotfl: We're going 22 June to 6th July. Always said we'd never do the Summer after our honeymoon June 1990 but with Uni and College, we can only do the Summer holidays so I booked it. We'll have gone over 4 years without a holiday trying to please everyone with the dates and enough is enough :goodvibes

Was going to try and get a last minute deal but chickened out :scared1:

We've been at the start of June, end of June and into July (loved being there for the 4th) The end of June and July were wetter than the start of June. It was busy at the start of June but nowhere near as busy as start of July. The parks being busy doesn't bother me as they re open for much longer in the evenings so you can take a break in the day and go back for the evening. We found in Sept/Oct the parks were quieter but closing so much earlier.

The only thing that puts me off about July is there were loads and loads of the South American tour groups. I've never been in August so can't comment

Looks like your DD's school has a similarly timed break as ours do. Did you find July flight prices better than June? I would have assumed June would have been better, but I'll go with the flow (and the deals) :dance3:

We did the last 2 weeks of June last year and we go 11 July this year for 16 nights. The June flights were slightly cheaper by about £30 per person.

She finishes school on 5 July this year and as long as we flew that week prices didn't increase however it has not been included in a sale so far and the price has now increased.

I would just go when you get the best price!

Lee I cant comment on any month but august. Went 23/07-09/09 for charlottes 5th birthday and although very humid and busy in the afternoons it was ok. As ur like me and get there early that wont be an issue. My friend went june last year and she said the weather was not good and I remember reading a lot of people on here say that they had a lot of rain. That could have been a one off though. I am sure you will do ur research and you have to do whats best for you and of course the best flights. Are you still thinking of a sole trip as well?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

L Are you still thinking of a sole trip as well?

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

I want to, if I can get decent flights for this year. There's an event I want to attend which popped up tonight so I am not as flexible as I was with dates for this year and it's a question of flight prices

Lee like you we've always gone March/April or end Sept/Oct ..... other than the odd Xmas of course ;) well long story short in 2010 we had an opportunity to go for a week at the end of July ...... NEVER AGAIN WILL I GO IN THE SUMMER :sad2::sad2:

It wasn't the crowds as we've been during Easter and Xmas so know how to cope with crowds and use fastpass etc it was the weather or more precisely the humidity and the rain. I felt that I was in wet clothes the entire week. Within minutes of stepping out of the hotel air conditioning in the morning we were all sweating so much due to the humidity our clothes were wringing and then we'd get soaked again in the afternoon as the rain came down. On several occasions once it started to rain it never stopped for the rest of the day.

For us it spoilt the holiday and it's not an experience we would like to repeat so the summer months are a definite no no for us

Lee like you we've always gone March/April or end Sept/Oct ..... other than the odd Xmas of course ;) well long story short in 2010 we had an opportunity to go for a week at the end of July ...... NEVER AGAIN WILL I GO IN THE SUMMER :sad2::sad2:

It wasn't the crowds as we've been during Easter and Xmas so know how to cope with crowds and use fastpass etc it was the weather or more precisely the humidity and the rain. I felt that I was in wet clothes the entire week. Within minutes of stepping out of the hotel air conditioning in the morning we were all sweating so much due to the humidity our clothes were wringing and then we'd get soaked again in the afternoon as the rain came down. On several occasions once it started to rain it never stopped for the rest of the day.

For us it spoilt the holiday and it's not an experience we would like to repeat so the summer months are a definite no no for us

Thanks Isabel

I don't mind the crowds as I can work around them. I don't actually mind the heat and humidity (although DD doesn't cope well). But the rain! We also felt like it wrecked our September trip last year. Third day we were there we got soaked. Fine - it was warm. But we got onto an ice cold air conditioned bus and I was so cold when we got back to the resort I turned on the heat in the room and ran a hot bath :eek: Next day I woke up with the most horrific fever and aches and pains, sore throat ..... I was on meds and felt like crap for the rest of our trip. Came back with no voice, and I mean NO voice and a secondary chest infection. I blame it on the rain! :rotfl:

Not really sure what to do. I can't take Easter as an option any more either as of the 5 of us in the office, 4 have kids at school and we can't take more than a week each! Also we only get one week in October. I will check out the lie of the land and see how DD copes at secondary school when she starts but I am not thinking I may have to take her out for a week and tag onto the October break. I can't see any other way

How much times does your DD have over Xmas/New Year Lee?

We've been a couple of times then and although you don't have that blanket type warmth it does have other compensating factors. It can be chilly first thing in the morning and then once again when it gets dark but during the day it's certainly t-shirt weather and we've even been swimming .... I know those mad Brits :rotfl2:

Other plus's are the truly amazing Xmas decorations, Osbourne lights and just the added atmosphere of Xmas. It's certainly a time of year that we'd go back again ... it maybe worth a thought :goodvibes

How much times does your DD have over Xmas/New Year Lee?

We've been a couple of times then and although you don't have that blanket type warmth it does have other compensating factors. It can be chilly first thing in the morning and then once again when it gets dark but during the day it's certainly t-shirt weather and we've even been swimming .... I know those mad Brits :rotfl2:

Other plus's are the truly amazing Xmas decorations, Osbourne lights and just the added atmosphere of Xmas. It's certainly a time of year that we'd go back again ... it maybe worth a thought :goodvibes

She gets 2 weeks. I have been pushing her for a xmas trip for a few years now but she wants to swim :rotfl: and won't hear of it. I have threatened to go myself this year for a week just to see the decorations and she told me I'm going alone :lmao: Maybe if she sees that it's a short stay or else Christmas she may be more easily persuaded.

Swimming is a definite possibility during the Xmas/New Year with the added bonus of it not being very crowded as it's just us mad Brits in the water :rotfl::rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter