• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June/July/August 2006 Code watch

True, at least people don't have to wait and get worried and call every day now, they can just move on and finally make a decision.....

Well, I just called CRO to see if maybe (just maybe) they thought that AP rates for the moderates and MK resorts would be released tomorrow.

The CM I spoke with said that she does NOT think that is very likely. :sad2:

After telling my family the news, they are content to stay at the WL with the AAA rate we have.

So, I just want to wish everyone that was able to get an AP rate for the resort they wanted a magical vacation and to everyone else....

You're Still Going to DISNEY!!! PIXIE DUST to you and enjoy your vacations!!! :grouphug:

ok I was going back and forth----do we switch? do we not? When it was all added up it would save us $400 to switch from the POLY to the BC(of course DH says switch- that pays for gas) But I think more hassle than it is worth. Changing all my dining*because it is all contingent on where we are staying* he countered with a "but Beaches and Creams" I said"Monorail" He countered"EPCOT" I said"But never at the Poly" He said" Stormalong" Then I said the magic words-"balcony big enough for 2" DONE! Poly it is! :rotfl2:

Well all the waiting definitely didn't pay off for us. No AP rates at any of the monorail resorts and then I considered maybe switching to YC/BC but that wasn't available for our dates. The only availability was BWI (can't kids are afraid of clown at the pool) and SSR or OKW (didn't want to do DVC). So I'm glad I got the GF at the AAA rate.

If we didn't already have a trip planned in January and one next July I think I would skip upgrading our MYW tickets for APs so we could use the DDP on those trips. For us the difference in park tickets for two trips and the amount to upgrade our MYW to APs is too good to pass up. I do think the days of our AP discounts are greatly reduced though.

Great bargaining, java! You outwitted him! hehe Oooh, but he will be peeved if you get a 2nd floor room with no balcony.....but by then it will be too late, hehe.

We just switched for our July 14 - 21 stay. We were at POR at $155 plus tax; now we're at SSR, in a studio, at $159 plus tax.

I asked about AKL because that's where we really wanted to stay and the CM looked it up. He said no APs for AKL -- and that it was really weird that only a few resorts were showing AP rates. All that was available at BC and YC were water views and/or concierge for our time frame.

I've never stayed at SSR. I hope the switch will be good for us -- just me and my DD11 for this trip.

Thank you all for calling and posting that the AP rates were out. I called and switched from BWV to BWI (would had preferred BWV though) and am saving a bundle. Dh said we should think about cancelling our CR ressies and just stay over at BWI for the entire time, but I can't bring myself to do that just yet. We love the CR and being so close to MK!

So glad they decided to sprinkle a bit of their pixie dust today, who knows what tomorrow might bring...

However, sorry to those who are going in June. I had hoped the AP dates were going to include June too.

Deb*

Called about our ressie at YC. Only available for standard view. Not available at all in concierge. Will stick with my AAA rate for concierge.

Sandi said:
We just switched for our July 14 - 21 stay. We were at POR at $155 plus tax; now we're at SSR, in a studio, at $159 plus tax.

I asked about AKL because that's where we really wanted to stay and the CM looked it up. He said no APs for AKL -- and that it was really weird that only a few resorts were showing AP rates. All that was available at BC and YC were water views and/or concierge for our time frame.

I've never stayed at SSR. I hope the switch will be good for us -- just me and my DD11 for this trip.

Sounds like a great deal! Glad to see it work out!

Deborah_Mary said:
So glad they decided to sprinkle a bit of their pixie dust today, who knows what tomorrow might bring...

However, sorry to those who are going in June. I had hoped the AP dates were going to include June too.

Deb*
Thanks for your sympathy!! Going June 12th..... :sad: :sad: sad they skipped us.... but we are still getting AP rate at Swan. Which works out to just a few $$ less than BC/YC or BWI would have been. It would have been nice to use ME for free.... but ... oh well. :goodvibes
Only 25 days!!!!!!!!!! :cool1:

Thanks so much for all you wonderful people who called every AM! They finally updated passholder website... :rolleyes:

Changed my ressie from BC to BWI at 210.74 a night. Better than the 345 I had it booked at yesterday.

Hate to not be at the BC but lots of people like the BW so we'll give it a try.

Happy for the discount

I am so happy for those of you able to take advantage of these discounts. It is about darn time. :thumbsup2

I am an FL resident (non AP) and am hoping for a discount to POFQ in mid-July. We shall see. :rolleyes:

I have an OT question for you all regarding the Disney Dining Experience.
-It says it is valid for up to 10 people at a table. So if I buy one and present it for me, DH, and our two non-FL friends for one dinner tab, will that suffice. Or do they all have to be FL residents?

-Is there still a charge for Pleasure Island? I thought I read it was now free, but what do I know? hehe

THANKS. I just want to see if it is worth getting the membership card for the year. We are planning to eat in France on Bastille Day...so that will be $$$..plus plan to go back to WDW perhaps later in the year or January 07.

-danielle

The ONE DAY I don't get up at 6:00 AM to start reading & posting, "the code" is finally released!!! I know it's not the greatest ever, but it just saved me some dough!!!

I just flipped from the Poly on 7/5-7/8 over to BW to the tune of $210.74/night incl tax! :banana: Yep, saved $263 on 3 nights! woohooo

Great news to all those who managed to get sorted on the AP rates :)

Sorry to those of you in who wanted June :(

Does anyone know if they were offering the 2 bed villa at OKW and what it cost?

I just got off the phone with the most wonderful CM ever :love:

He worked his magic and kept trying until he was able to book my entire trip at the AP rate. I booked a standard room at the BW for 3 nights and at the YC for 4 nights.

If you are having problems getting the AP rate to work for your trip and you are flexible have them check certain dates. For example the YC wasn't available at all over the beginning weekend of my trip but was available the rest of the week :cheer2:

Good luck to everyone :goodvibes

mouseaddicts said:
The ONE DAY I don't get up at 6:00 AM to start reading & posting, "the code" is finally released!!! I know it's not the greatest ever, but it just saved me some dough!!!

I just flipped from the Poly on 7/5-7/8 over to BW to the tune of $210.74/night incl tax! :banana: Yep, saved $263 on 3 nights! woohooo

Good for you mouse!!

We did miss you this morning!

ski

thanks for reminding me we coudl switch resorts. duh I was not thinking

I really want SAB for a day or 2

ampooh said:
Changed my ressie from BC to BWI at 210.74 a night. Better than the 345 I had it booked at yesterday.

Hate to not be at the BC but lots of people like the BW so we'll give it a try.

Happy for the discount

BWI is great, imho! FYI, after you board the boat, it goes straight to Epcot if that makes you feel any better! :teeth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter