• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

June Hours???

sncbird

<font color=blue>I need a Starbucks Latte!<br><fon
Does anyone have a guess on when these will be out??? :confused:

I wrote to Disney and asked them. This was their reply.

Thank you for contacting WALT DISNEY WORLD!

Theme park operating schedules for the period of your upcoming visit have not
yet been determined or released. Operating hours are only available 30 - 60
days in advance. We encourage you to visit the following address on our Web
site closer to your actual arrival, to obtain updated operating hours
information. We appreciate your patience and understanding.

Looks to me that we are well into that window but they still aren't out. I'm "patiently" awaiting these hours also.

"I'm "patiently" awaiting these hours also."

Make that three of us! Looks like we'll be at OKW at the same time!!

Hey Guys, Make that four!!!! We are going to be there from June 3rd - 13th. I CAN'T WAIT. PLLLLLLLLLLLLEEEaaaaaSSSSee Mr. Disney, I need park hours sooooooooooooooooon! I guess we are just going to have to try to be patient?

We are aslo waiting patiently! I am curious if there is going to be "Spectromagic" at all. It doesn't show for May hours. Last year they at least had it (once during the week) on say Saturday night. I guess we will wait and see.

Don't know, but they didn't release May hours until April 2nd or 3rd, I think. I called and asked and they told me the standard 30-60 days, but it was 28 at the time:)

And Disney is wondering "Why" park attendance is so low?

Maybe because people don't know what to plan for? JMHO, 30 days out to plan is unexcusable for a company in the tourist industry!!!

In fact THEY themselves say that "the average person" plans a vacation 11 months ahead. Thats what they told us when we were looking into the Vacation Club!

I agree we plan all of our vacations 11 months in advance. Actually we have our trips pretty well planned 2 years in advance. It really makes it a pain when we cannot plan PS and everything else till 30 days out.

I feel Disney is only hurting themselves. I will not plan PS meals because we are a fraid it will coincide with something else that we wanted to do like Spectromagic, Illuminations (which usually doesn't change) or Fantasmic. On our upcoming trip we have only planned 3 PS engagements. The rest will be Ala Carte.

:Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

Hopefully they'll post them soon. Luckily for us we're going towards the end of June but we're coming up on our 60 day mark to make PS's for Magic Kingdom. I feel bad for you guys who are going at the beginning of the month :(

And if you're really, really anxious (like me!), you can
check out last year's June hours at this link, courtesy
of the UK version of the Unofficial Guide:

http://www.wdisneyw.co.uk/june.html

Bear in mind -- as I'm sure you already know -- last
year's hours are for comparison purposes only. A lot
has happened in the past 12 months that could change
the hours this year.

Have fun & maybe we'll see you in Orlando. We get
down there June 21....

I am starting to think Disney is just full of Bologna!!!!!!!!!!!!

I sent them 2 emails about a complaint I have - didn't get response yet- it was about 5 days ago.

Then I spoke directly with a woman about my complaint (won't tell you what it is because it will just start a debate and I don't want to do that).

Well, she's telling me that the parks are all filled up for April, May and June. I laughed. I told her that I do my homework and know lots about disney. And then I asked her, "well, why are the park hours cutback so, and why are the water parks closed in May, and why are there no parades scheduled????????? If it's so darn full!!!!!!!!!!! She used the "it's low season excuse". It's Easter for crying out loud.

Sorry if I am venting. But for the first time in 10 years I am frustrated with Disney. It saddens me to be this way. But I have a gripe that I am trying to deal with and I'm just a little annoyed!!

I want to say that I will never stay at another Disney hotel, but I'm not sure I can do that. I just love the place so much.

I'm hoping for our most magical trip ever so that I won't be angry with them anymore:) .

Thank you for letting me vent. I don't usually do this on the boards.

Happy Holidays.

Anna:Pinkbounc

Anna, We had a similar experience with Disney as far as them not giving a poop about our complaints. It's pretty much that they are so secure with themselves that they don't care if they lose one family over even a small thing.

We were booked with Port Orleans - after trying four different rooms we wound up checking out and going off site and I have to tell you we will NEVER stay on site again. It is not at all what it'
s cracked up to be. Why stay in a jail cell - go in a pool with 10,000 other people and fight your way onto busses when you can stay off site in a suite or a villa for LESS $$ and have your own pool and the same EXACT hassle with getting to the parks of even less if you plan right and have a rental car. We had no parking problems AT ALL.

Re: the Hours - How are we supposed to plan Charactor meals - etc if we don't know when we'll be at each park!!??

My Dh and I are going for 3 days for our 15th Anniv. in mid June and I am also curious about the hours. This is also our first "alone" trip without the children. (We are making it up to them by taking them for 8 days in Oct!) My DH has insisted that I cannot make any plans or ressies, he wants to handle everything in June--so I guess park hours does me no good now anyway! It is very hard for me not to take over and do the planning--I'm trying to be good.
About the complaints, I accidentally found out about this Anniv. trip by a mistakenly sent fax by Disney to my work place. The confirmation was sent without my DH knowing it and then I found out and the surprise was ruined. They had evidently kept my fax # from our last trip that I planned 2 years ago. Anyway, my DH called and explained this to some managers at the reservations center and after going through 3 managers, we were given an upgrade in our hotel stay. It helps to stay calm and to try to use as much magic in your voice as you can. Hope this will help. Keep trying, Disney does care about your vacation. You just haven't found the right CM yet.

"When there's a smile in your heart......You Can Fly, You Can Fly, You Can Fly!!!" :Pinkbounc :Pinkbounc

I am also waiting on June hours. we will be there June 8-15. I am also wondering if they will have any E-night evenings in June. In the past they have had them throughout June on Tuesday & Friday evenings. Are they still planning on E-Night rides in June this year...anyone know for sure? If anyone hears anything please post on this thread.

Thanks,

I guess hours aren't going to kill me. Either I have more time in the evening or not.

Character Breakfasts can still be planned because opening times won't be changed. Closing times will either stay the same as May or be lengthened. The beauty of the Park Hopper is you can hop to the later closing parks if you like.

If you haven't checked out last year's hours, do it at the link on one of the posts above. Then you can see what may be possible.

Next, if E-nights interest you, yeah, they seem to run Tuesday and Friday. Just keep it in mind and keep your schedule flexible. Maybe plan a resort restaurant for dinner on those nights, one that can be kept if you can't get a PS in MK on e-night.

Then, make PS and touring plans based on May hours. If hours end up being extended, then yippee! you have more time at that park that evening. And if you don't, you still have a plan.

You need to plan for flexibility in these changing times in the travel industry.

And really, not everyone plans things 11 months out. All us DISers are NOT the norm. We are the rare beast - an informed Disney traveler and ones Disney probably doesn't see much of nor knows how to counter our very logical questions.

Most people don't plan that far out, even for Disney. They may make ressies, but a touring plan...I just talked with a peer consultant who is taking her 3 DDs in two weeks...yes she called me only 3 weeks out and was asking me about what's at the parks, can you find any maps ahead of time, what's at Wild Kingdom (she meant Animal Kingdom). What kind of tickets should I get, I only need 3 days. But I saved her butt because on her fourth day she's got ressies at Cindy's so I pointed out she will need tickets for that day.

Anyhow, to end this long post, don't let the hours stress you out. It's not worth it. Keep in mind the fun you will have and all will be well.

We are waiting for the June hours too! Going June 24th - July 1st. Can't wait!

We also are looking for those June hours.
Just to see if we need to plan some other activities for our evenings or if we are to be at the parks most of the time.
Maybe the tag Fairies have some pull.

How bout it guys?

Shawn :jester:

Add me to the ones waiting for June hours to come out. Let's just hope they are not cut like they did for April and May hours. I will be totally bummed! :)

I just read on the boards that some hours for May have been extended, and that they have added specto and fireworks as well. Hopefully this is a good sign that either all the e-mails and phone calls are doing their job, or attendance is higher than they expected. If this is so, maybe park hours for June will be out soon. I have been watching the boards, and it seem hours normally come out around the first.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter