June hours for MK extended - go get that 7DMT FP for the new hour

barbliny

DIS Veteran
June closing hours for MK were extended to 10:00 pm.

I just found out because I had a fastpass scheduled for 8:30 to 9:00 (original closing time, so only 30 minute slot). Disney sent an ominous ALERT email saying they changed one of my fastpasses.

After the initial fear - when I saw that the fastpass was now 8:30 to 9:30 I knew what that meant!!

Checked a lot of days on the calendar and it seems that closing is extended all of June.

Last edited:
Thanks for the tip! I just checked the first week of July and hours have been extended then too. Now I'm hoping for 8:00 AM openings.

When they do that, does wishes stay at 9pm? If so, is there time afterwards the projection show to get in line before it closes?

When they do that, does wishes stay at 9pm? If so, is there time afterwards the projection show to get in line before it closes?

At least for my dates of starting 6/5 - they must have done it today. I only found out because of the email that Disney changed my fastpass time because it is now 8:30 to 9:30 vs. the original I booked for 8:30 to 9:00 - so, I knew that they must have moved closing back from 9:00. That made me go look at the operating calendar - and now 10:00.

The fireworks are still at 9:00 - position yourself closer to the castle and you should be able to get on a line for a ride after the fireworks. (It changes from Wishes on May 12).

I am happy to see any time they extend pm hours. We are in may and they just added to them a bit-AK did not have them last yr, MK added about an hour each bite, but it is still not as late as last year or prior years.

Yes!!! I remember checking this morning that it was closing at 9 pm... ON A SUMMER VACATION?? I was so pissed because Happily Ever After (the new Wishes that they're replacing) starts at 9 so basically we just watch Happily Ever After and we go back to our resort, NO MAGIC HOURS AT THE EVENING AT MK. Im crying. Hoping they give us more magic hours at night until midnight

Thanks for the heads up, I was patiently waiting for the hours to be extended :goodvibes. I get so excited when I see MK opened late into the night, that is the only park that we don't mind attending EMH, it always feels like the park is opened just for us because it is so quiet.

Ugh! Magic Kingdom has Extra Magic Hours extended until midnight the day before our vacation and the day we leave!

We went 2 weeks ago with MK closing at 11 and one EMH hour till 1am. There was also one 7am EMH morning. I told DH I would actually rather go at a higher crowd time when hours would be extended. We have no trouble getting up early or staying up late if things will be almost walk on during that time. We all LOVED it! Even the kids DD5 and DS3, didn't seem to mind. During the biggest crowds of the day, we either went back to the resort, booked a nice Table service meal, or picked a prime spot for the parade about an hour early and people watched. It was fantastic!

I hope they extend for end of July and beginning of August. Would love to see Magic Kingdom at night and not for 40 minutes waiting for queues.

To us 10:00 pm closing is still to early. I'm waiting on mid August but have been checking the previous months to get an idea of what the hours will be. I'm hoping for at least 11:00 for MK

I agree. I knew going 4th of July weekend would be crowded. I don't think I've ever even been during summer crowds at all. But I was expecting to have late nights every night in MK. Looks like I'll get one night til Midnight with EMH but that's it. Really disappointed since the MK at night is my favorite place and it gets dark so late in the summer. Are they likely to extend again?

I agree. I knew going 4th of July weekend would be crowded. I don't think I've ever even been during summer crowds at all. But I was expecting to have late nights every night in MK. Looks like I'll get one night til Midnight with EMH but that's it. Really disappointed since the MK at night is my favorite place and it gets dark so late in the summer. Are they likely to extend again?
Probably. July is 3 months out and no way it can predict hours that far ahead. Might not change though. Hoping that MK closes later until midnight for our stay.

Yes, they usually do "almost final" revisions/extensions mid-month the month before your trip. But they continually change hours up to the day sometimes.

Yes, they usually do "almost final" revisions/extensions mid-month the month before your trip. But they continually change hours up to the day sometimes.
I hate waiting that long to make our final plans. I know they do this every year but wish they could post updated hours 180 days out when they release dining reservations.

I was hoping for 11pm close in June. That is always the benefit....magic hours until 1!!!! We always hit that!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter