June gloom in May???

sitkamom

Mouseketeer
Visited DL for the first time last June (mid-month) found that on most days it was overcast in the morning and sunny in the afternoon (temps were cooler than usual, in the 60's--guess it's usually warmer but we didn't mind a bit!). Is that true of May as well? We live in SE Alaska and really look forward to sunny days! :)

Its common in the summer months to be overcast or foggy in the mornings. It usually burns off by 10am-11am. May and early June usually don't have as many foggy mornings as July and August when moisture from the south increases.

We don't have June Gloom in May... We have May Grey :)

Same idea... overcast in the morning, burns off in the afternoon.

Google it if you're curious!

Our Disneyland trips are almost always done late-April, early-May. We have had "June gloom" (or "May grey" if you will) happen on one of our 7 trips. Otherwise the weather has been mostly would I would expect (and hope for) - warm (but not too warm!) and sunny.

It's a perfect time of year to go. One of my fav times to go other then Christmas. Mostly because of the amazing weather. May Grey / June Gloom, same thing. The weather is a bit cooler in the mornings where you may need a light jacket but its nice and warm in the afternoon where its perfect for a swim in the pool and you can get some color in the sun. But its not summer bake your skin till your leather heat. But if you go on water rides you dry off within 20 minutes.

June is always unpredictable and worse weather than May. I like May weather. Late September and early October weather is very nice, for future information.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter